Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Good Morning C Banger!

I have my youngest grandson with me today. The oldest grandchild is such a sensitive sweet boy. And my youngest is an absolute nugget of a kid. He is absolutely delicious. Cheeky nature, cheeky grin.
( I honestly don't know why, but the video said to do it...🤔 )

Look word of warning. Be careful blindly following a videos direction. It’s all fun and games until you have your wife’s bra on and your left nut caught in the vacuum hose.

Great recap, and we wait with bated breath...
:reading420magazine:
Gear change and Traism Cringe: I thought it was baited breath. Like you bait a hook so the person wants to come back.

True story. I’m cringe for life baby!

I'd say way more folks spell it wrong than right, so consider yourself part of the majority!
I was today years old the first time I was considered as part of a majority of anything.

Feels nice tbh.

Lolling!

Now for a little Update on what's happening with the plants...

Pretty obvious which one got uppotted...The 25 day old ATF, which hadn't been growing like I thought it should, got topped a week ago, and it was like someone kicked her in the ass and got her growing- she's not any taller, but her branching is really getting with the program since I cut her head off...
This was Saturday morning, just before uppotting.

And, of course the little Amnesia Haze auto is doing great- she'll stay in the box as long as there's room in there, but will eventually end up outside...I hope it warms up a little before that happens...

ATF pre uppot 1-14-23.jpg

Here's the ATF in her new home- looked fine yesterday, but she's a little droopy today- I think she'll be fine once she gets used to the watering situation- at transplant, she got a half gallon from the top, and a half gallon from the bottom- the res is empty now-I'll wait till tonight to add any water-don't want to drown her ....
ATF-1.jpg

Time to start training soon- I really like the way her branches are growing...not sure why she was such a slow starter, but I think she's put that behind her...
ATF-2.jpg

She doesn't look like much yet, but give her a month or so..
ATF-7.jpg

Now on to the AHa- she's doing real well @ 1 week old - I'm sure she'll do crazy good, since I don't really have a place to put her... 😬
AHa-3.jpg

Since I initially thought she might end up in the sip, she got top watered once the day she sprouted, and she's been bottom watered since then -
I put about a tbsp. of water in the outer cup with a 3/8" spacer to hold her off the bottom, then all her watering happens through the kite string...the ATF also got watered this way for 2 weeks before she got transplanted. I thought it might make the sip transition a bit easier on the plant...probably didn't, but it didn't kill them either...

AHa-4.jpg

And that's about all today- took awhile, but I've finally got the old box going again- good thing the ATF likes cooler temps, because I can only keep the box at 75f out in the cold garage...
AHa-5.jpg

Thanks for looking
I appreciate the support...:love:
Have a great week, and I'll see you next time!

The Quotes:
Great recap, and we wait with bated breath...
Thanks, Shed- I posted some pics when I initially made the sip, but I thought a little review wouldn't hurt..
It's on the way!
Be careful blindly following a videos direction.
I figured if it worked for the guy who did the vid, who am I to question why 😁
I thought it was baited breath.
As long as it's not bait breath...that would be gross....
I'd say way more folks spell it wrong than right,
On the rare ocassion that they actually write it down...😉
Feels nice tbh.
:thumb:
Thanks for doing those pics Carcass.
You're very welcome, Carmen!
nice and thoughtful build!
Thank You, Stone- Now we wait to see if it actually works..:hmmmm:
it's a good shape for maximizing room in the cardboard box
Ftfy!:)
Thanks, bluter- those corners hold a little extra soil too...
Welcome to my little Journal, bluter- things should get a bit more interesting now that I've actually got something growing...

I thought it was because my breath smelled like worms!!!
There's that bait breath I was talking about...:rofl:

not sure why she was such a slow starter, but I think she's put that behind her...
I had faith all along and that's why she's over it. :) Congrats on the transplant in to the SIP, and I can't wait to see how long it takes to acclimate and take off for realsies!
Now on to the AHa- she's doing real well @ 1 week old - I'm sure she'll do crazy good, since I don't really have a place to put her.
LOL wouldn't that be your luck! If you can keep it in the tent until pistils you can probably maximize the harvest potential.
Since I initially thought she might end up in the sip, she got top watered once the day she sprouted, and she's been bottom watered since then -
I put about a tbsp. of water in the outer cup with a 3/8" spacer to hold her off the bottom, then all her watering happens through the kite string...the ATF also got watered this way for 2 weeks before she got transplanted. I thought it might make the sip transition a bit easier on the plant...probably didn't, but it didn't kill them either...
Great idea to do that wicking bottom watering thing in the cup. Carmen did that as well as LKA (who's just putting the cup in a cup for watering rather than using a wick), so it will be interesting to see if that speeds up the 2 week transition to the SIP-type roots.

I think it helps, if the soil has wicked some before the transplant and then the babies are watered in ever so slightly from the top, their roots will have all they need immediately. My little autos certainly are no example of this massive growth that people say they see in their bucket SIPS, but they didn't falter on transplant and have held an excellent moisture gradient from birth. Time and practice will tell ey :)

That absolutely will help the transition. :thumb:

I had faith all along and that's why she's over it.
Thanks for that, Shed- I just wasn't really feelin' it with this one...then she finally started growing, and all that changed...
If you can keep it in the tent until pistils you can probably maximize the harvest potential.
That's only about two weeks away, if this auto does what most of them do...
who's just putting the cup in a cup for watering
I thought about that, too, but figured the wicks would be less like force-feeding her the water- might have worked, because twice she took 3 days to drink the whole (apx.) tbsp.

Time and practice will tell ey
It will! We might even both be good at this before we're done:high-five:
That absolutely will help the transition.

I'm hoping so, Azi-- that ATF had massive roots out the bottom by transplant time...more than usual, but she was also in the cup for a week or so longer than usual.

little Amnesia Haze auto is doing great- she'll stay in the box as long as there's room in there, but will eventually end up outside.
I just new this would happen. Autos are the poor stepchildren. I had thoughts you just planted her to encourage your ATF to get with the program. Kind of like putting a Apple in front of the mule to make it move.:laugh:

Your ATF has started getting it now and is looking pretty darn nice. I think she’s going to like this new home. Lovely garden as always C.

Great, the Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms plant made the cut! Looking forward to her progress. :Rasta:

You're worried about the auto getting a chill outside, eh? I'm skeptical about that because what you Cali folks consider chilly often really ain't chilly. :)

I just new this would happen. Autos are the poor stepchildren.
I thought it might happen too..but even though she's going outside, she'll still be well taken care of..as Shed suggested, I'll keep her in the box until I run out of room in there, then the schlepping begins...

Great, the Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms plant made the cut!
Thanks, GDB!- yes she did!- topping her really got her going! (or, she saw the AHa sprout and decided to get her ass in gear😁)
You're worried about the auto getting a chill outside, eh?
Ha! She won't get too much of a chill, because I'll be schlepping her inside at night, (into the house, not the garage) but the prolonged daytime highs in the mid to upper 50's are what I'm worried about...
Initially, I was just going to plant her in the ground, but now I just can't do that to her...
I'm skeptical about that because what you Cali folks consider chilly often really ain't chilly.
I'm the first to admit that I'm a real wuss when it comes to cold weather- anything below zero would probably kill me...🤪...19f is the coldest weather I've ever felt, and that was 45 years ago...

The adventure once again begins.
Yes it does!...with an auto thrown in to (hopefully) keep it interesting..
My last Amnesia Haze auto was a runty little thing, maybe this one will be different...

Your SIP setup is super interesting and after seeing how it does for many of the growers here I'm contemplating it for one of my plants this summer. I'll probably just buy something like an Earthbox -- not that I'm incapable to DIY, but I'm feeling a bit lazy these days. :)

Back
Top Bottom