Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Hi Carcass here's the same girls notice the stretch on the taller one thats from not having the full spectrm on your lights,so many mistakes:(

They are very forgiving of mistakes. We all make them, and it really is the best way to learn. My first harvest was little more than 1/2 of what my setup was capable of.

They're definitely looking good now,not stretching at all...
if it weren't for mistakes,I wouldn't know squat about anything.And you haven't made any mistakes big enough to kill a plant,so you're doing alright...every plant that makes it to the end is a win,no matter what it took to get it there.

Well,my light proofing must have worked on the box...
-Northern Lights has little pistils,Peyote Critical has "nubbies"that
should show pistils by tomorrow morning........so:woohoo:!

Go carcass.....they grow up soo fast...one minute they are seedlings.....then before you know it.....off into the big wide flower tent......

the big wide flower tent......
That would be nice,but they're already in the "little tiny flower tent",and it seems to get smaller every day... now

Mine's about the same deal,2 in a 2x2 is going to get a bit tight....right about now,I start
wondering why I didn't just do 1 plant-this is the point where my last 2 turned out male,so from here on in
it's unexplored territory for me...The Lowryder doesn't count,she stayed small...I don't think these are going to do that.

I need a big wide flower tent. I'm starting to realize that my 4 plants aren't gonna have enough room in their 2'x4' space once they start to flower..

You can raise four plants in a 2' X 4' grow tent. They won't be able to get as large as those grown in bigger tents. In my 2' X 4' tent, I allocated 2' X 1' for each plant. Each plant was limited to eight colas. Starting in veg, I train the plants to grow their colas on a 6" grid. The net or fencing in my tent is used for training and later support. Here's a graphic:

full

Four Plants in a 2' X 4' (60 X 120 cm) Footprint
This growth does not lend itself to quadlining. I use NugBucket's Mainline / Manifold method instead.

I'm quadlining mine,but they're at the edge of the pots,and (allegedly) growing straight up now,and so far it's working....but they're only 7.5 inches tall ,and I don't think "straight up" means the same thing to them as it does to me...it'll work out,one way or another-they're wider than the should be already,but it's mostly leaves,the branches are still somewhat cooperating,but we've got a ways to go...

I use NugBucket's Mainline / Manifold method instead.
That does look like the best utilization of the space-too late to turn back now on this grow,but it's sure something to think about for the next one.

You can raise four plants in a 2' X 4' grow tent. They won't be able to get as large as those grown in bigger tents. In my 2' X 4' tent, I allocated 2' X 1' for each plant. Each plant was limited to eight colas. Starting in veg, I train the plants to grow their colas on a 6" grid. The net or fencing in my tent is used for training and later support. Here's a graphic:

full

Four Plants in a 2' X 4' (60 X 120 cm) Footprint
This growth does not lend itself to quadlining. I use NugBucket's Mainline / Manifold method instead.

@Old Salt I don't wanna hijack this thread, so I'll post in my journal. But I'll go take a side view and top view of the plants right now and post them there momentarily. Please let me know if you think they'll work in a 2x4 area. All four were topped, and then I started to LST them so they'll stay low - similar (but not as well as) to what @carcass has been doing with his plants.

As long as you don't ask my wife,it's not an issue-no carbon filter or anything-I keep the door to the back room closed most of the time,so that helps a little,but the whole house does smell a bit.
Cool...post up some progress pics when your build gets going-I'm not ever very far away if you happen to need any advice-I'm a professional cheapskate,so lo budget is business as usual to me....

Both of my indoor plants are officially flowering now (both female for a change)
So that's a very good thing....
I won't be updating until Tuesday...I'm babysitting the 3 year old granddaughter all day
tomorrow,and she follows me everywhere,so my "plant time" is going to be very limited.
She's already wondering where the "tomatoes" are on my outside male plant-I told her it might be a boy tomato plant,and they don't get tomatoes....so far it's working, but she's a pretty smart kid :)

Both of my indoor plants are officially flowering now (both female for a change)
So that's a very good thing....
I won't be updating until Tuesday...I'm babysitting the 3 year old granddaughter all day
tomorrow,and she follows me everywhere,so my "plant time" is going to be very limited.
She's already wondering where the "tomatoes" are on my outside male plant-I told her it might be a boy tomato plant,and they don't get tomatoes....so far it's working, but she's a pretty smart kid :)

Yes she's pretty smart. My wife had a total knee replacement. When we went to visit a few weeks ago, I took a grease gun along. I got my wife to play a recording of metal rasping on metal as she walked. I gave the grease gun to my grandson and asked him to lubricate grandma's knee. :laugh:

Well, everyone knows that molybdenum disulfide is the only cure for
"creaky knee" syndrome....

It's update time...yay ...no babysitting!
Both the girls are flowering now,not real heavy yet,since I only flipped them a week ago,at this point
there's just random pistils popping out all over...
And they're getting so bushy-I really should have done a little more defoliating before the flip,but it's too late now....
So I figure if they're strong enough to poke through the canopy,they must be good strong growers...
I will probably thin things out in a few weeks,but only if they really need it-never have been a big fan of heavy defoliating,but there are times when it becomes necessary.

Anyhow,here they are this morning NL left,PC right

The Peyote Critical is a branchy thing-she's got twice as many budsites as the Northern Lights.

They're both still pretty short -7" tall now & 42 days from sprout...

The PC looks taller,but the camera did that,they're pretty much exactly the same height.

They're both very thirsty plants...the PC requires a gallon every 5 days,and the NL needs a drink every 7 days.Also boosted the Mega Crop dosage to 5.2 grams per plant-.2 more than recommended dosage,but they seem to be pretty hungry girls,especially now that they're flowering

Funny how the budsites start to look different,even before they sprout flowers...

And last but not least,there's the guy outside-64 inches tall now-actually lost a big branch in the crazy winds we've been having here-there was no saving it-it broke clean off and was laying on the ground..

Another interesting thing (at least to me)-the part of this plant that's facing the house,away from the sun,is growing faster than the sun side,so it's loving the reflected light off of the white(ish)
side of the house-lends some credence to what people say about flat white being the best reflector of usable light..

So that's it for today...you can't see the quadline structure anymore,it's too buried in the mess of leaves...
But it's really working well so far...now if I can just keep them growing a little taller instead of a lot wider,things should stay under control in there,at least for awhile...

Thanks for stopping by,I appreciate the support!

See you here next Monday :peace:

Back
Top Bottom