Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

It's update time...yay ...no babysitting!
Both the girls are flowering now,not real heavy yet,since I only flipped them a week ago,at this point
there's just random pistils popping out all over...
And they're getting so bushy-I really should have done a little more defoliating before the flip,but it's too late now....
So I figure if they're strong enough to poke through the canopy,they must be good strong growers...
I will probably thin things out in a few weeks,but only if they really need it-never have been a big fan of heavy defoliating,but there are times when it becomes necessary.

Anyhow,here they are this morning NL left,PC right

The Peyote Critical is a branchy thing-she's got twice as many budsites as the Northern Lights.

They're both still pretty short -7" tall now & 42 days from sprout...

The PC looks taller,but the camera did that,they're pretty much exactly the same height.

They're both very thirsty plants...the PC requires a gallon every 5 days,and the NL needs a drink every 7 days.Also boosted the Mega Crop dosage to 5.2 grams per plant-.2 more than recommended dosage,but they seem to be pretty hungry girls,especially now that they're flowering

Funny how the budsites start to look different,even before they sprout flowers...

And last but not least,there's the guy outside-64 inches tall now-actually lost a big branch in the crazy winds we've been having here-there was no saving it-it broke clean off and was laying on the ground..

Another interesting thing (at least to me)-the part of this plant that's facing the house,away from the sun,is growing faster than the sun side,so it's loving the reflected light off of the white(ish)
side of the house-lends some credence to what people say about flat white being the best reflector of usable light..

So that's it for today...you can't see the quadline structure anymore,it's too buried in the mess of leaves...
But it's really working well so far...now if I can just keep them growing a little taller instead of a lot wider,things should stay under control in there,at least for awhile...

Thanks for stopping by,I appreciate the support!

See you here next Monday :peace:
Carcass you have it growing on in there ! I wished I could grow outside, the wild life converges on it here ! Just the opposite of mine I want the stretch to stop !

I used to only grow outside,but the bugs love it too much..it's do-able,but it's a battle...
Except for that male plant-nothing even lands on him for a little sample-that's one reason I'm going to get some pollen from him-if I could breed that trait into some females,it would make outside growing sooo much easier...

I told her it might be a boy tomato plant,and they don't get tomatoes....so far it's working, but she's a pretty smart kid
I think you'll be okay until she tells another grownup about grandpa's male tomato plant. Then you're in trouble!
Also boosted the Mega Crop dosage to 5.2 grams per plant-.2 more than recommended dosage,but they seem to be pretty hungry girls,especially now that they're flowering
Homer Simpson is feeding his late-flowering plants at 7.2 with no leaf damage, so don't sweat the increase. The vegging three I'm going to flip next week are at 5.5 already and they love it.

In terms of post-stretch defol, I wish I had taken it more seriously on my Peyote Critical. So much of that that harvest was larf and tiny lower buds it could have used a serious strip post stretch.

I used to only grow outside,but the bugs love it too much..it's do-able,but it's a battle...
Except for that male plant-nothing even lands on him for a little sample-that's one reason I'm going to get some pollen from him-if I could breed that trait into some females,it would make outside growing sooo much easier...
Have you tried the dishwashing detergent Dawn 3X mix a half cup in a two gallon sprayer . Won’t kill them bugs but they won’t cross that line !

I think you'll be okay until she tells another grownup about grandpa's male tomato plant.
Yes,unfortunately the time is drawing near when I'm going to have to do something about him,much as I hate to...he won't even consider flowering till at least mid July,and at 7 inches a week,he'll be 9 or 10 feet tall by then...

Haha in laughing about your granddaughter my 7 year old used to help me prep things for seedling stage and then I don’t go near it when their around , but he’s a smart kid , her thinks we are starting herbs and spices , but I do a lot of other gardening so it keeps him buisy enough to not think about the tent or he just has no interest in it , either way it’s a win , but kids say the darkest things at school so be careful around the kids in our lives

bend him down brother
I'll probably end up doing a major defoliation on him...everything goes except 1 branch,
So he'll end up a stump with a branch sticking out....
Not ready to do it quite yet,though.
I might experiment a little first...top him down above the 5th or 6th node and see what happens...

Perhaps you could cross him with your Peyote Critical. She is supposed to be resistant to pests and diseases already.

Hope you are well Carcass.

Hi,VG... That was /is the plan-but he's probably not going to produce any pollen in time,without some intervention....I may just cut a branch off,put it in a vase in with the girls (on 12/12) and see if it'll live long enough to flower....If it doesn't work,it's no big deal-it's not like he can't spare a branch or two ;)

I'm well,VG,and hopefully,so are you& yours...

lasr grow I did I let plants get about 3 ft then topped at 5th and only grew the two new mains got rid of everything else and it looked cool having such a thick stem for such a small plant but I think it wasted more time over anything , I’m not sure if it increased or decreased yields cause all my plants were from seed no clones so I had none alike to refer to , anyway everything looks great as always brotherman , do you mind telling me what kinda light you have I want to look into one , I would like to do a budget grow myself , set an amount and get it done within that dollar figure , love the idea dude

Hey @DeanWest89 -My light is a 1000 watt Oneo full spectrum from A*azon (200 watt actual draw)
so I've got 50w/sq.ft going in there.
I see on the Zon that now you get a thermometer and hygrometer with the light...all I got was the light and the light hangers when I bought mine-
It works pretty well for a hundred dollar cheapie,I have no complaints at all (and neither do my plants)
The attraction for me was the "not blurple" thing-I didn't want to have to turn the light off to see how my plants really look

I really enjoyed your Lowrider grow!
I enjoyed that one too...I thought I was probably screwing up by
doing the lst a couple weeks into flowering,but she didn't mind at all.
Thanks for stopping by @stoneotter -I appreciate you having a look at my
journal-feel free to drop by any time..

Hey @DeanWest89 -My light is a 1000 watt Oneo full spectrum from A*azon (200 watt actual draw)
so I've got 50w/sq.ft going in there.
I see on the Zon that now you get a thermometer and hygrometer with the light...all I got was the light and the light hangers when I bought mine-
It works pretty well for a hundred dollar cheapie,I have no complaints at all (and neither do my plants)
The attraction for me was the "not blurple" thing-I didn't want to have to turn the light off to see how my plants really look
wow what a result from a budget light. puts silly pricing to shame. The whole reason for me staying hps is that crazy initial costing. might have to try and find yours. brilliant work by the way.

I'm updating my journal,so it must be Monday...Happy Monday all!
Not much to show you this week,put them both on 12/12 13 days ago,they're
both 48 days old now,it's getting a little crowded in there...

Obviously the Peyote Critical (on the right) is liking the quadline training more than the Northern Lights...the NL is doing fine,but the PC is ,to borrow a term from @Ganjagrandaddy ,
going apeshit, budsite-wise....and they've both grown 5" in 6 days-they're only a foot tall now,which is great,but they're just getting started...

Hard to tell where one plant ends and the other one begins-

I'm going to train them to grow into a rectangle,instead of a square,which is what they want to do-I'm trying to sort of do it like @Old Salt advised a few posts back
to keep them in their 2 sq.ft. of space each...Got out the glue gun and some more bamboo skewers and made 2 trellis-like things for each one to keep them from getting wider -they seem to be working so far,but I'll need to make some taller ones in a week or so.
This is the Peyote Critical,pulled out of the box to show my fancy trellis work;)

The canopy is pretty even on both so far,so that's good-it means they'll both outgrow the box at the same time....:oops:

And my journal can't be complete without a pic of the big guy outside--5 foot nine now,
makin' me feel short (I'm 5'7")....I know I've got to do something about him pretty soon,
but not quite yet....

So that's it for this time,I'll be back here in a week.
My girls should have enough pistils to actually show up in a pic ,and they'll probably be at least 5 inches taller by then...

Thanks for stopping by..,I appreciate your support !

See you next Monday :peace:

Back
Top Bottom