Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Here it is Monday again,so here's a little update...
Hey Carcass! Looks great in there! :yahoo:Loving the lil' setup. Nice flower production for day 20 from flip!
Love the outdoor 'flag'! :rofl::green_heart::passitleft:

Awe man everything looks BEAUTIFUL , thoes leaves look perfect , you got tour grow dialled in my friend , I think I want to look into making 2 of these one for clones one for veg , and use the tent for flower , this grow is a kickass idea and I am amazed on how cheap this has cost you to start up. You plants are very healthy and happy , keep up the good work my friend ,can’t wait to see the northern lights start to show it’s self , it’s a classic strain and one of my favs , kinda a blast from the past. That pc is really getting a jump on the growth , she’s gonna be a monster

Thanks,irie -
They didn't really do much till Thursday,but since then they've really gotten serious about flowering

I'm running a little late today,I actually had some stuff that had to get done this morning-
being retired,that's not a usual thing for me,can't say that I care much for it;)
It’s funny I honestly didn’t even think about the day , I was just keeping tour journal and I was like hmmm haven’t seen cass in a while, maybe my subconscious internal clock ⏰ just knew you usually have one done by know today . Or just a coincidence that I asked when you were about to post it , either way good to see you friend

Thanks,Dean !
she’s gonna be a monster
That's a double edged sword type of thing...I want her to,but if she does,I may be screwed!

There is a way to get 11" more height in the box,actually 2 ways-I can raise the roof or lower the floor-or 22" if I do both-either way involves a lot of ductape and additional cardboard,and I've got plenty of both....

I was thinking width
I wish...I think something wider will be a whole new project,maybe even an actual grow tent!
or.....I could buy another wardrobe box,and do a conjoined twins thing with the 2 boxes...;)

Plants are looking awesome! Loving the quadline trellis you built. :bravo:

I’ll for ever refer to your boy outside as Andre! Andre The Giant!
I think of him as " That dirty bastard" , after Cass's virginal beauties , The brute!!!

I wish...I think something wider will be a whole new project,maybe even an actual grow tent!
or.....I could buy another wardrobe box,and do a conjoined twins thing with the 2 boxes...;)

Yeah that’s a great idea cass almost having 1 box for each flowering plant , do you have just the one light in that box ?? I was checking the light out off amazon it’s a real nice light man, can’t wait to see the final product , I think I may order a few , now do you think these would be better for flowering because of the 3500k leds plus the reds. Then my mars 300’s. They are a full spec light but not much reds in it for flower.. either way I need a couple more lights to have a separate veg spot , I think I’m gonna throw 3 mars 300’s and the mars 144 in the tent for flower, , but it be nice to have a couple extra lights so I can set up a veg spot in a spare room in the basement I want to try and limit my time In between flowering , but love this journal dude , have a good day cass

Hi Cass. i use a product for loft insulation that is also used round my rdwc buckets too. It is brilliant for builds and can easily be "tented" with a minimum wooden frame for stapling too.
It deflects heat/cold from entering and also contains it within the box shape from leaving. I am in the process of doing the whole loft and sealing it with the silver tape for joins. It is really versatile and easy to work with.
In the uk i got it from the link directly but depending on where your at , it can be called something different by suppliers i.e thermal wrap or insulation roll ect..
just a thought to keep the budget grow idea active and still cheaper than a tent. holes and zips could be designed where YOU need them too.

hoping i am not breaking any rules as it isnt plugging a named brand ?

do you have just the one light in that box ??
I did my first grow with just the oneo led,then my son gave me one of those corncob looking 60watt led "bulbs" which I added about a month and a half ago-not sure it really helps much
It is a "daylight" bulb,puts out light with a lot of blue in it-I only added it because it was free.
I don't think it really helps much-it's pretty bright looking until you look at it next to the big led,
then it seems pretty weak.

i use a product for loft insulation
You know,that's a pretty good idea-I've seen rolls of similar stuff at home depot,but it never occurred to me that I could build a wooden frame and staple that stuff to it....
I think the rolls are about 3' wide,so that would be perfect for building something a little bigger
than I've got now...
Definitely something I'm going to think about....Thanks GG !

You know,that's a pretty good idea-I've seen rolls of similar stuff at home depot,but it never occurred to me that I could build a wooden frame and staple that stuff to it....
I think the rolls are about 3' wide,so that would be perfect for building something a little bigger
than I've got now...
pleasure mate . it is brilliant for controlling environment. its weight is so low too that a basic frame would have no problem supporting it. I am also always trying to lessen the cost to new gear constantly so tenting with it seems logical and my loft space done out will increase usable space . Can never find a tent to match what i really need.

Here it is Monday again,so here's a little update...
The girls are on day 20 of 12/12,they've grown about 8 (NL) and 10(PC) inches in 20 days,but they didn't grow much overnight,so I like to think that the stretch is about done...but I can't be sure yet...they'll need water and food this evening,and right after feeding is when they seem to grow the fastest...

In this pic you can see the difference in height-the Northern Lights can't quite keep up with the Peyote Critical

Here's just a bud from the PC:

And the NL:

It's 91 degrees today,here's how I cope with this much heat in the box,basically just "put the top down"...I can't do this during their dark time,but it cools off by the time the lights go out (7:45pm)

Even with the top down,it's still 84 in there (82f in the room),but as I sometimes say....it is what it is,no A/C so what ya gonna do?

Here's a pic of the flagpole outside-still alive,and starting to flower on the left branch-odd,nothing on the right side...

flowers forming on the left

He's in the hottest part of the yard,and looks a little droopy by days end,but is always fine in the AM
We'll see next week if I'm right about the stretch being about done...I'm hoping it is,I've got 12" more before things start hitting the lights

Thanks for looking,I appreciate the support!
See you here in about a week:peace:
nice she is growing nicely keep it up great work so far :thumb:

than I've got now...
That's what I use and I don't even have a frame! It's just an Oval of Brightness®.

"The Oval of Brightness"...like the "Cone of Silence",except with light!
I can tell by looking that the Oval works better than the Cone ever did!
Some youngsters may not get the reference....

Back
Top Bottom