Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I don't even have a frame!
That's a good idea-I'd need at least a partial framework to hang the fans,but my next grow is going to be autos,so I could actually put a hook in the ceiling for the light,and I won't even need a roof on the "oval"...
Hmmmm....

Definitely food for thought-I've got to go to home depot later to get some gopher poison,so I'll check out what they've got while I'm in there..

Not an update,but wanted to post something I tried yesterday that actually worked
for lowering the temps in "the box".
We've got a little heat wave going on,temps got to 93f yesterday-86 in the house-my box runs about 6 degrees warmer than room temp-which put the canopy at 92,and that's hot enough for me to start worrying.
I already added a second exhaust fan last week,which cooled it off to 6 above ambient from
10 above,but that's not enough in this heat.
So,obviously the heat from the light isn't being pulled out fast enough,because it just blows straight out and gets mixed with the incoming, somewhat cooler air.
I decided to add "wings" to the bottom of the light(sort of like this \[___]/ )to direct all that heat upward,where the exhausts can pull it out before it mixes with the incoming and circulating air.
Here's a pic of the prototype "wings" on the light(I may redo them,but they're working,so I may not-they're crude,but effective...)

And here's the temps ten minutes later....the number on the left is the temp at the canopy,
the number on the right is room temp-I'm pretty happy with that-since the intake air is pulled from floor level,it's actually 2 degrees cooler in the box than it is at 4' high in the room...

Still a little warm,but 82 sure beats the hell out of 90...

That's all for now,just thought this might help someone else battling high temps in a tent,or
whatever container they're growing in...:peace:

Loving the ingenuity Carcass! :bravo: any drop in temp is beneficial.

Ducttape ,bailing wire ,and zip ties--don't grow cannabis without 'em ;)

I would sacrifice the efficiancy of the light being cooled down
I considered that before I did it,so I checked the light temp before doing it-it only ran about 10 degrees (f) above the box temp-since I added the "wings",it runs around 12 degrees above the box temp,so It did warm it up a little-both exhaust fans are above the light,so they pull enough cool air up there to keep the light cool enough.
I had a plan to duct outside air to the fan intakes if the light got way too hot,but I'm not too worried about the 2 degree boost.
I'm glad I didn't have to duct fresh air to the light,because that plan was pretty hokey,
even for me...;)

Here it is Monday again,so it must be time for an update!
Had a busy week last week -all kinds of "life" stuff has been taking up my time,but I think I've finally got most of it squared away,so I can get back to the stuff I enjoy doing,instead of the crap I "have to" do....

So here's the girls this morning,the Peyote Critical on the left is 18" tall now,the NL is 16.5"-
day 27 of 12/12:

They both got their legs shaved 4 or 5 days ago-it was just getting too congested "down there"-
there was no way any air could flow through-I got a whole wastebasket of leaves off them then,and another pile of some small stuff this morning -So this is what the PC looks like now-
You can actually see the quadline structure again on both of them

Here's one of her buds-a little frostier than the Northern Lights,but it's still early...

And here's the NL-a little shorter than the PC,and a little more husky- her buds are a bit denser too

Here's one of her buds-you almost have to see her in person to know what I mean by
denser buds-more pistils,and they're "thicker" than the PC's-but not as many trichomes yet:

Here they are tucked back in to their happy little home-I switched sides -I do that every so often
to make sure they both get even light coverage-probably doesn't help anything,but I do it anyway.
NL left,PC right:

Next week,I'll turn the led off for this type of pic-the taller they get the more glare they get from it.

And an update wouldn't be complete without a pic of the guy outside...my plan for him isn't going exactly as I hoped-he's still not flowering enough to harvest any pollen,and he's as tall as I am again...pretty soon he's going to look like he used to,except twice as wide....

All his rather severe defoliation did was make him more determined....he's got plenty of small branches now,so I think I'm going to try and get a little clone going so I can put it under 12/12 in with the girls...sounds risky? not really, because I can almost guarantee you it's not going to work-but I'll try it anyway...

I want to send out a special Thank You to @Heavenly Hybrid for not letting me do a half-assed job on my defoliation:)-I thought I might get away with it,but she caught me being lazy...

So that's all there is for today,Thank You for looking-I appreciate the support!

I'll see you back here in a week or so:peace:

Here it is Monday again,so it must be time for an update!
Had a busy week last week -all kinds of "life" stuff has been taking up my time,but I think I've finally got most of it squared away,so I can get back to the stuff I enjoy doing,instead of the crap I "have to" do....

So here's the girls this morning,the Peyote Critical on the left is 18" tall now,the NL is 16.5"-
day 27 of 12/12:

They both got their legs shaved 4 or 5 days ago-it was just getting too congested "down there"-
there was no way any air could flow through-I got a whole wastebasket of leaves off them then,and another pile of some small stuff this morning -So this is what the PC looks like now-
You can actually see the quadline structure again on both of them

Here's one of her buds-a little frostier than the Northern Lights,but it's still early...

And here's the NL-a little shorter than the PC,and a little more husky- her buds are a bit denser too

Here's one of her buds-you almost have to see her in person to know what I mean by
denser buds-more pistils,and they're "thicker" than the PC's-but not as many trichomes yet:

Here they are tucked back in to their happy little home-I switched sides -I do that every so often
to make sure they both get even light coverage-probably doesn't help anything,but I do it anyway.
NL left,PC right:

Next week,I'll turn the led off for this type of pic-the taller they get the more glare they get from it.

And an update wouldn't be complete without a pic of the guy outside...my plan for him isn't going exactly as I hoped-he's still not flowering enough to harvest any pollen,and he's as tall as I am again...pretty soon he's going to look like he used to,except twice as wide....

All his rather severe defoliation did was make him more determined....he's got plenty of small branches now,so I think I'm going to try and get a little clone going so I can put it under 12/12 in with the girls...sounds risky? not really, because I can almost guarantee you it's not going to work-but I'll try it anyway...

I want to send out a special Thank You to @Heavenly Hybrid for not letting me do a half-assed job on my defoliation:)-I thought I might get away with it,but she caught me being lazy...

So that's all there is for today,Thank You for looking-I appreciate the support!

I'll see you back here in a week or so:peace:
They look absolutely awesome mate. Great work.

Thanks,Vet,I appreciate the compliment!
They've got about 5 inches to grow before I learn how supercropping works.....

Beautiful healthy plants Carcass! :bravo: It’s a full house in there, you’re using your space well! :ganjamon: That boy outside is still going strong! :rofl::morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom