Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

It's odd she's such a light feeder- the Gelat.og. right next to her is on 7g and it's barely keeping her green....
Gelato Og...
I've only ever seen lighter colored plants.
Like my Ammy she may just have more natural yellow. I see pics that are a lighter green. Could it be something like this or have you seen many dark green GOg plants?

There is one really beautiful plant called Golden Canary. It is said to be an albino cannabis breed. Bet that one is interesting to grow.
Wonder what N def looks like in a yellow plant??

. It's noticeable and if you start to see the signs you'll always be at the right level of MC.
I'll just keep her at 4.5g -something will start to get pale when she needs more...
I remember my Dr Seedsman being a lot less bushy than yours.
This one really took off after I topped her-she actually didn't do much growing until I cut her head off ;)
have you seen many dark green GOg plants?
TBH, I haven't really looked- this one started out nice and almost dark green- when she started getting pale I upped the MC, and now the new growth is coming in what I consider the right color-not dark green,but not pale green either.
Nothing's getting crispy on her (yet) so she's tolerating the high dose pretty well.

Aloha Carcass! I’m following along and running 4 grams of MC on all eight plants now. My gelat og is still fairly dark but the AK-47 and Nevilles haze is looking pretty light in color. I’m try to figure out if they are hungrier or just that color in general. Idk they seem to be healthy and doin the dance but I’m still learning this Mega Crop. I’ll get some updated pics in a couple days and see if I can’t pick @MrSauga brain :thanks:

I’ll get some updated pics in a couple days and see if I can’t pick @MrSauga brain :thanks:
I'll be glad to help Sunny and most of these guys have gotten it figured out as well as you can see. I've never dropped in your journal so now's as good as time as any :)

Idk they seem to be healthy and doin the dance but I’m still learning this Mega Crop.
And every plant reacts a little different- what might damage one, isn't enough for the other one- some of it is just guesswork, although very dark green leaves (to me) means it doesn't need more MC than I'm giving it, even if it seems like a low dose...although, my Gelat.og is still mostly pale,even at 7g/gal.- I think @Virgin Ground was right- they're just a pale plant. 7g hasn't done any damage,though- so I'll just stick with that dosage for the duration...
I'll be glad to help Sunny
You're in good hands, Sunny- @MrSauga is the resident MegaCrop guru around here! :thumb:

I've seen the bales at Lowes- they always seemed to have them in stock...until I needed some- right now they've got zip
Last time I went for HP at Lowe's (in mid-April) it was on sale for half off (normally $25 each) and they were selling out all their stock. There wasn't even a spot in their racks for it anymore...it was off to the side. So I got three 2.2 cu ft bales to last me a while. Only downside was the sell-by date was almost a year old.
She's showing a little tip burn,even with the somewhat low dose of MC
Low dose of MC plus the rest of the stuff!
peeps mentioning it should be 1TBS per cup.
SweetSue always said 1 tablespoon so that's what I go with.
Typically I use .1g of SC and .25g of BE with as much as 5.5 - 6g of MC.
And that's with MC version 1 still, yes?

You're in good hands, Sunny- @MrSauga is the resident MegaCrop guru around here! :thumb:
Thanks carcass... I'm not sure I've earned that title but I can always lend a hand when able :)
And that's with MC version 1 still, yes?
Yes, but although there is no benefit imho of adding BE and SC with other versions you can safely do so after week 2 of flower to a max of 1g/gallon. I use smaller amounts knowing it's only to bump me up to a similar version MC of 2 or 3.

Low dose of MC plus the rest of the stuff!

there is no benefit imho of adding BE and SC with other versions
I'm going to just stop with the additives, except for the silica blast- it does seem to give the branches more flexibility, which is important when stuffing the plants back into the box after watering -it's pretty crowded in there now.

Another Monday!
I hope everyone's having a good one!

Update time- Not much going on plant-wise..things are just sputtering right along...
The girls in the box are doing fine, no bad news to report.

Here's the usual Saugaview®from the top:
Alaskan Purple auto,left... Gelat.o.g. auto, right
1594668621619.jpeg

The APa is 48 days old, flowering for 23 days, the G.og. is 69 days old,flowering for 36 days...
1594668860896.jpeg

I've cut out all the nute additives except the silica blast,(on all the plants) so the G.og is on 7gMC/4ml. SB/gal
Her buds are coming right along- not much frost yet, but she's got a ways to go...
1594669050001.jpeg

The APa is doing alright too- she still only needs 4.5gMC/4ml.SB/gal
1594669266804.jpeg

Pulled them out for a couple silhouette shots-
APa- she grew another inch,but she's still a shorty
1594669391275.jpeg

And the G.OGa- She's short too, but there's quite a few buds, and they're getting a little fatter every day...
1594669587004.jpeg

The 2 outside girls are doing well- we had a little heat wave last week- I hated it, but the plants loved it:cheesygrinsmiley:

The Chem Dawg is (slowly) getting bigger- no sign of flowering yet- a couple of pre-flowers is all.(so I know for sure she's a she)
She 's thirsty, so looking a bit droopy- she got watered right after the pics- 6.5g/MC 4ml/SB
1594670282579.jpeg

1594670328591.jpeg

And the Dr.SeedsMan cbd- she got up-potted on the 10th to a 3 gallon (probably her permanent home)
She's on 4.5g/MC 4ml/SB- she's outside full time now (I do still schlep them both in at night)
She's my first plant in ProMix HP, so we'll see how it compares to the Black Magic everything else is in.

I like the "texture"(?) of the ProMix- it doesn't have all the little chunks of wood in it like the stuff I'm used to.
Also seems to have a little more perlite- she likes it.
1594670746275.jpeg

1594670786115.jpeg

She was topped on 7/2, and I didn't break a branch off like I did the ChemDawg,:straightface: so she's nice and symmetrical compared to the CD..

...and that's about all there is today!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!

I hope everyone has a good week, and stays safe and well! :peace:

Thanks,O.S.!
I got that seed from my Son, @13goody13 ,but I believe he said it was 30:1, the same ratio as the Pink Kush.
I'm almost out of CBD, so I'm hoping that one does well out there...so far,so good

According to their website and the highest one they have is 20:1. I didn't see a pink kush on there site. I was looking for candida but was out of stock everywhere so I am hoping this will be a good one. This the one I have ordered.

According to their website and the highest one they have is 20:1.

OK i see where the confusion is- The Dr.Seedsman is from Seedsman,not Dr. Seeds...
Sorry, I didn't catch that on the first go-round... The cbd Pink Kush is also a Seedsman product.
(Hope I don't get in trouble for mentioning them 3 times- them and 420 broke up ;) , so they're no longer a sponsor here....)

I'm curious how long you have been feeding the OG 7g.
Since 6/27, so about 3 feeds worth...she's definitely a hungry one and oddly, a few of the new growth leaves are darker green, but for the most part, they come in light colored, like the rest of the plant.
No tip burn or any other signs of overfeeding, so she's just a big eater.

All the new leaves also have an odd "fringe" on the margins- different than the usual tacoing that I've seen-
they just fold up, like there's a crease along the edge- I'm not worried about that, it's just different than what I've seen on other plants.
1594681456659.jpeg

Since 6/27, so about 3 feeds worth...she's definitely a hungry one and oddly, a few of the new growth leaves are darker green, but for the most part, they come in light colored, like the rest of the plant.
No tip burn or any other signs of overfeeding, so she's just a big eater.

Thanks for the explanation carcass! I remember one guy was up to 15g/gal and the plant looked like it was loving it. I still can't wrap my head around that.

Back
Top Bottom