Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I was worried that you wouldn't have enough time to veg her before flowering started,
I was thinking that same thing...but the chem dawg isn't flowering quite yet either and she's on the sun's schedule...
The Dr.S.is getting 4.5 hours of additional(weak) light from a couple of led bulbs, so she's on the same light schedule as the autos right now...my plan is to get her to 24",then put her on the sun's schedule..
She's really gotten with the program this last week, so that may only be a week and a half from now...

I hope everyone is following the rules and staying safe during these (hopefully) once in a lifetime events
going on in the world.:peace:
I am! :thanks:
I send my wife everywhere which reduces my risk quite a bit. I douse her as she runs up the drive to avoid the hose.

I send my wife everywhere which reduces my risk quite a bit.
That's a good idea- It could be dangerous out there, and how else would you find out about it? ;)

Plants are looking lovely and I greatly appreciate the unsweetened gummy experiment! I wonder what is in the jello part of the mix (besides sweetener) that keeps it from doing what yours did. It can't be the sugar because you can make gummies with their aspertame version as well.

@BeezLuiz I didn't realize that the first ingredient in stevia isn't stevia at all, it's erythritol. Thanks for the pic!

Plants are looking lovely and I greatly appreciate the unsweetened gummy experiment! I wonder what is in the jello part of the mix (besides sweetener) that keeps it from doing what yours did.
Thanks for the kind words, Shed!
I use one pkg of regular sugared jello, and 1 pkg of the sugar free stuff in my gummies, so I don't know if using only sugar free would work or not...sounds like another experiment to try...

I do know (from first hand experience) that you can't mix Jolly Rancher sugared jello with Jello brand sugar free- it doesn't solidify- it just turns to this ultra sticky thick goop that even sticks to the silicone molds- I had to use about 20 gallons of hot water to wash it out of the molds.

Thanks, Candy!
I’m sooooo far behind

I'm way behind on things too, but it's nice to see you anytime !

Here's what I've been doing today- took a lot longer than I thought it would- as usual....
This was harvest day for the little girl in the middle (Gelat.OG auto,13"tall) - she's been outside with her big sisters since Monday afternoon
1596151716691.jpeg

Final shot before I started cutting her up- she's 86 days old today,flowering for 53 days-
she was a hungry little plant- she's been on 7g of MegaCrop for the last month or so.
1596151800357.jpeg

one of her little buds-
1596151913101.jpeg

What's left in the pot:
1596152058460.jpeg

In the pan, before trimming:
1596152139870.jpeg

and a couple hours later: (I am soooo slow..)
1596152197597.jpeg

Wet weight 12.3 oz / 344g- probably about 2.5 oz dry-not great,but not terrible either...
1596152314538.jpeg

And hanging up in the junk room closet...probably for 5 days or so.
1596152443872.jpeg

And that's it for that one - I was hoping she'd get a little bigger,but she had different ideas...
She was an easy one to grow- she consumed an amazing amount of MegaCrop for such a little gal, but never showed any signs of being overfed, and stayed pretty green until the last week, when she finally started fading a little.

Thanks for looking, and please... stay safe out there!
See you around the forum!

Beautiful, carcass.

Beautiful little plant! Keen to know how she smokes! :cool:
Thanks, syenite!
I've got a few testers quick drying in the oven as we speak....It's actually the second batch of testers- the first ones got toasted/incinerated yesterday when I turned the oven on to bake some cornbread, and forgot to pull the buds out... :oops: ...

Awesomeness! Congrats on the harvest carcass! Short and pudgy plants for the win my Braddah. The outdoor ladies are rockin and I love the feline security detail. I willing bet you can get them to work for food and love. I hope all is wonderful and blessed in carcass land with you and ohana!! Sending lots of love and positivity from Hawaii as always!

:passitleft: :passitleft:

Thanks,Sunny!
Short and pudgy plants for the win my Braddah. The outdoor ladies are rockin
It's nice to just let the outdoor girls do their thing without having to worry about how tall they get...they're not really even that big, but after growing little 12"-18 " indoor plants for a year, those outside ladies seem huge to me...:)

Final shot before I started cutting her up- she's 86 days old today,flowering for 53 days-
Congrats on the Gelat.OG Auto harvest! She had some excellent looking buds. My Gelat.OG replacement seeds arrived from the breeder, except they sent me photos instead of autos, but that's ok. I'll be growing one in next Spring's lineup.
and a couple hours later: (I am soooo slow..)
1596152197597.jpeg
I highly recommend using "spring loaded" scissors for trimming. It will make your harvest session go faster and will save you a lot of pain (now and in the future) for your hand. Take it from someone who has had 6 of his 10 fingers surgically repaired. Something like these:

Thanks, Beez!
I highly recommend using "spring loaded" scissors for trimming.
I've got a pair just like yours, except they're black and gray- I use them for most of the trimming- those long ones are just for going over the trimmed buds to get any stray sugar leaves that I missed.
Those scissors were the ones my grandfather used in his barber shop over a hundred years ago, so I use them a little just for the sentimental value...they're over a hundred years old and they still work like new ;)

That's an excellent reason to keep them handy! :Namaste:

Thanks, syenite!
I've got a few testers quick drying in the oven as we speak....It's actually the second batch of testers- the first ones got toasted/incinerated yesterday when I turned the oven on to bake some cornbread, and forgot to pull the buds out... :oops: ...

Oh no, lol!

Side point, but I was just thinking how your Gelat.OG is a cubic foot beautifully spent!

Back
Top Bottom