Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

2 hours to remove the fans on her? Did you take a few breaks?
:rofl:Thanks to my prostate, and 2 large cups of coffee, yes I did .... ;)
Can’t wait to see those buds after they dry.
Thanks for the kind words, HH!
They'll make for a pretty jar o' weed (or 2), that's for sure...

That reminds me...my jar situation is less than ideal..I'm gonna have to pry open the old wallet and buy a few. Hopefully, they're more available than the last time I needed some, mid-pandemic...

I think I saw some the other day in the grocery store, so I don't think I'll have any trouble locating some...

I've been saving pickle and spaghetti sauce jars, thinking they'd work just fine...not so...the gaskets on the lids evidently soak up the pickle or spaghetti sauce smell, and no amount of washing or airing out will get rid of it...pickle or sauce-smelling weed is not something I want to end up with... :oops:

I think I saw some the other day in the grocery store, so I don't think I'll have any trouble locating some...

I've been saving pickle and spaghetti sauce jars, thinking they'd work just fine...not so...the gaskets on the lids evidently soak up the pickle or spaghetti sauce smell, and no amount of washing or airing out will get rid of it...pickle or sauce-smelling weed is not something I want to end up with... :oops:
You need to change your brand of sauce. :p

Some of them have lids that are interchangeable with canning jars. Look for some with the thicker lids. Then just get yourself a box of lids and rings and you're good to go!

Then just get yourself a box of lids and rings and you're good to go!
I never even thought of that!
Mrs.C. has a whole box of assorted mason jar lids...I just went and tried one, and it fits perfectly!
They're not the wide mouth ones, but all I really need is a lid that doesn't stink!
Thank You, Azimuth- now I've got a place to put that blackberry once it's dry :thumb:

Damn, you guys are gonna get sick of seeing me this week!

Anyhow, Here's what's been happening today-

The Gorilla Glue is dry enough, so I weighed her before she went into the jars:
1 (1).jpg

5oz.,(zeroed for the pan) but she'll lose a little more moisture during the curing process, so 4.5-4.75 oz. is what I'll end up with- not great, but not terrible either...

All cozy in the jars:
2.jpg

While I was de-stemming the GG, the mailman knocked on the door- I had to sign for whatever it was he was delivering....something from Spain maybe? :hmmmm:

Sure enough, Sponsored seeds from @Herbies Seeds !
In keeping with my apparent "Berry" theme...
3.jpg

A little bit about the strain- they let me choose, and I like indicas,so...

From Herbie's Website:
"Getting your Zen on has never been easier! In her 95% indica glory, Blueberry Hill by Herbies Seeds will leave you sitting in the lotus position humming “Om.” Thanks to her potency level of 26% THC, this strain can flatten every worry wrinkle on your forehead.
4.jpg

Classic and simple, Blueberry Hill is the poster child of two long-standing favorites – Blueberry and Afghan. Keeping it real with 95% indica lineage, her effects are straightforward and highly enjoyable. With an off-the-charts terpene profile and a wide range of cannabinoids, this bud is a must-have for those who love feeling laid-back.

In a dazzling display of succulent buds erupting from a short, thick plant with wide fan leaves, Blueberry Hill feminized seeds will be ready to harvest in just 50-55 days of flowering! You can grow these plants discreetly – they’ll reach a height between 70-120cm (27”-47”). Blueberry Hill can produce a remarkable outdoor yield up to 1800g (63.5oz) per plant in the right conditions, with indoor yields up to 650g/m2
(2.1oz/ft2)."

So now the rest is up to me...One of the seeds is already soaking...

5.jpg

And I prepped her new soil (new to me too- never used FFOF before) which, had I been thinking, really should have been done 2 weeks ago.. but it is what it is!
I'm also going to be growing this one in a 3 gallon fabric pot- a first for me indoors.
The Geopots work so well outdoors- lets see how they do in the box...

Here's her new soil (pretty exciting stuff, no?) It's FoxFarms Ocean Forest, amended with 1/2 oz of both
Earth Alive® Soil Activator and Dynomyco...so it'll get to cook for a couple of weeks before I need it...
I considered also amending with some Geoflora Veg, but thought better of it, since there's already some nutrients in the FFOF.

6.jpg

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything "special" I need to know about growing in FFOF- I know it has a little bit of nutes already in it, but that's about all I know about it so far...

And that's most of what's been going on here today...besides this:

The Alisal fire, about 45 miles south of me, is still raging, so there's a constant stream of air tankers
gassing up and refilling with flame retardant at the Santa Maria airport- took a pic of one as it went over ....All air tankers around here are orange on the bottom half- this is one of 5 or 6 that are working the fire. The smoke is evidently all going south, so I'm not seeing any, but @InTheShed may be seeing some of it in his neighborhood...
7.jpg

And finally, for no particular reason, a pic of a Blueberry auto bud- not quite done yet, but pretty close..

8.jpg

And that's it for now...
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!

If everything works out right, I should have a sprout by Monday...or...it may go like it usually does, and I kill a few before I get one to finally sprout... :oops:...we'll see...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Never get sick of seeing your updates Carcass, and those Herbie's beans sound great! Though I'm sure the only worry lines you have in your forehead are from hearing from the missus about the harvests. ;)

GG looks as good in jars as it did in the box, and well done on the 5oz. A little longer veg and let's see how high you can push that number toward the lights!

I thought you were further north than the Alisal fire, and so far we're not seeing any smoke down here. I hope they get a handle on it soon. Another shite fire season already. :(
Please feel free to let me know if there's anything "special" I need to know about growing in FFOF- I know it has a little bit of nutes already in it, but that's about all I know about it so far...
What I do know is that @MrSauga grows in FFOF and he starts feeding his plants around the second set of leaves, so I think you can safely ignore the built-in nutes.

I think you can safely ignore the built-in nutes.
Thanks, Shed - that's what I was hoping to hear!
I'm about 45 mi. north of the fire, so not really that close, thank goodness!
Wildfires ain’t no damn joke. Good vibes to you folks out that way.
Thanks, NTH! My prayers are with the folks in it's path...
. Feed those girls!
Hopefully, she'll be dining on mc in a few weeks! all she has to do is sprout!

so 4.5-4.75 oz. is what I'll end up with- not great, but not terrible either...
I'd say pretty darn good considering it was only 17" tall. :thumb:
they’ll reach a height between 70-120cm (27”-47”)
Or 17" in your case.
I've used FFOF for all my grows (4 seasons now). I had some suspicions that my seedlings were getting burned with the FFOF soil on a couple of grows - but no proof. What I do now is sprout my seedlings in "seedling starter mix" in solo cups. Then when time to transplant, they go into FFOF with some mycorrhizal inoculant, and then begin feeding right away ( I also feed them while in the starter mix once the 2nd or 3rd set of leaves show up).

Anyhow, Here's what's been happening today-

The Gorilla Glue is dry enough, so I weighed her before she went into the jars:

5oz.,(zeroed for the pan) but she'll lose a little more moisture during the curing process, so 4.5-4.75 oz. is what I'll end up with- not great, but not terrible either...

All cozy in the jars:

Congrats on a pretty good yield for a 17-inch plant! That's what I yielded with my Lemon Auto.

In a dazzling display of succulent buds erupting from a short, thick plant with wide fan leaves, Blueberry Hill feminized seeds will be ready to harvest in just 50-55 days of flowering! You can grow these plants discreetly – they’ll reach a height between 70-120cm (27”-47”). Blueberry Hill can produce a remarkable outdoor yield up to 1800g (63.5oz) per plant in the right conditions, with indoor yields up to 650g/m2
(2.1oz/ft2)."

I'm thinking you need to raise your flag if you're hoping to get a height of at least 27" from her. :battingeyelashes:

And finally, for no particular reason, a pic of a Blueberry auto bud- not quite done yet, but pretty close..
8.jpg

Truly beautiful. It's too late for this month's contest but I'm thinking that would be a good one for the Plant of the Month contest. I entered my Big Devil XL but @StoneOtter entered his Stankberrry so now, I wish that I had waited until next month. ;)

Congrats on a pretty good yield for a 17-inch plant! That's what I yielded with my Lemon Auto.

I'm thinking you need to raise your flag if you're hoping to get a height of at least 27" from her. :battingeyelashes:

Truly beautiful. It's too late for this month's contest but I'm thinking that would be a good one for the Plant of the Month contest. I entered my Big Devil XL but @StoneOtter entered his Stankberrry so now, I wish that I had waited until next month. ;)
Thank you but I'm confident there's other winners this month. :love: I'm not counting out your beauty too! What colas! Like I've never grown!

What I do know is that @MrSauga grows in FFOF and he starts feeding his plants around the second set of leaves, so I think you can safely ignore the built-in nutes.
You are correct. I feed the equivalent of 1gram MC once the second set of leaves are established and growing well. Little bits of water allow me to increase the feed as the weeks go on, so I don't have to wait for the medium to dry out.

Hiya Carcass! :green_heart:

Just been going through your old grows again... Super Silver Haze (auto?) using it to pace stay on target with my current grow of a Super Silver Haze auto. Only difference so far between the two is that mine started showing preflowers around day 30 from sprout and your's after you flipped it day ~49 from sprout. What's strange are the similarities with the growth, your SSHphoto after 20 days in flower....

The Super Silver Haze is doing well- no problems at all yet- 20 days since the flip, 69 days old...
the Saugaview®:

and my SSHauto after 18 days in flower, (pic taken 10/14)....
DSC02076.JPG

other than the time spent in veg they look nearly identical. Now it has my mind asking myself questions such as, if there is any real difference in growth rates between auto's and photo's of the same strain? I thank you again for sharing your SSH grow with the rest of us and in such detail, it gives me great milestone points for comparison.
:adore:

I’m so sick of Carcass updates - said no one ever.
That may be true, as long as you don't include Mrs.C.... ;)
I'd say pretty darn good considering it was only 17" tall.
Thanks, Beez- I added two more buds to the jars today- found them on the floor...I guess I knocked them off the drying line yesterday...one of them is pretty flat now, since I stepped on it...
Or 17" in your case.
Fingers crossed for at least a 20 incher this time...or a little taller-hopefully a longer veg will get me there..
What I do now is sprout my seedlings in "seedling starter mix" in solo cups. Then when time to transplant, they go into FFOF with some mycorrhizal inoculant,
I had a little ProMix left, so I'm using that in the solo cup...hopefully, I have something to put in that cup by the end of the day- that seed is cracked open, just waiting on it's little tongue to poke out :)
I'm thinking you need to raise your flag if you're hoping to get a height of at least 27" from her.
Thanks for the kind words, HashGirl!
27" would work, but at 24" I'd have to start with the supercropping...at 27" tall, If you add in 10" for the pot she'd be 4" from the light- a little too close for comfort :)

Thank you but I'm confident there's other winners this month.

You're not making it easy, that's for sure- Beautiful plant, Stone!
You are correct. I feed the equivalent of 1gram MC once the second set of leaves are established and growing well. Little bits of water allow me to increase the feed as the weeks go on,
Thank You, Mr. Sauga! That's what I'll do.
Hiya Carcass!
Great to see you, Mr. S.! Thank you for stopping by!
Thanks MrS, and I didn't even have to tag you!
:thumb:
What's strange are the similarities with the growth,
Damn, you're not kidding- they could be twins!
other than the time spent in veg they look nearly identical.
I hope yours gets the colorful leaves toward the end- that really surprised me when mine did that...
That one produced some kick-ass weed- the strongest I've grown so far...I hope yours does the same!

Not likely.

But I'm not seeing the pics in your post due to some sort of glitch, I guess. Having missed them, now I'll never know what's going on with this grow. :straightface:
something from Spain maybe? :hmmmm:

Sure enough, Sponsored seeds from @Herbies Seeds !
"Herbie's" from Spain: the Global Market! :laughtwo:

But I'm not seeing the pics in your post due to some sort of glitch,
Thanks, GDB- I reported the missing pics about a half hour ago...this happened last year too, and the mods had me re-upload them in a pm then they put them back where they belong.
Or, maybe the mods are sick of seeing me this week.... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom