Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Memorial day! Time for an Update on what's growing around here!

First up, the 66 day old GSC- flipped to 12/12 15 days ago, and she's finally starting to flower...
1.jpg

She's only 17.5 inches tall so far, but I think she's still got quite a bit of growing to do- and since she's in a bigger 5 gallon pot, 17.5 inches is about 2 inches taller than the same height in a 3 gallon- she's tall enough that I had to do something a little different to get any good overhead pics...I used to take the pics through that small door, but she's too tall now for that to work....
2.jpg

She's being fed 5.5g/mc/gal, plus 4ml silica, and half a gram of AloeVera powder, and it seems to be keeping her pretty happy..Her canopy is a little "bumpy" now, but still pretty flat for the most part..
There's not as many tops on this one as there was on the last one, but I think these buds might get pretty big....
3.jpg

Finally flowering (it's about time...) She's almost doubled in size since the flip...(9.5 inches to 17.5 inches)
4.jpg

And now on to the outdoor autos- first up, the 50 day old Wookiees -she's 22.5 inches tall, and I think that's as tall as she's going to get...
5b.jpg

She's going to be a frosty one!- this is a triple bud- I've had doubles, but this is the first triple....
Trichomes on the big fan leaves is also a little "different"...
6.jpg

And an odd thing about this one- the 6 leaves on the main stalk have 5 "fingers", but all the other leaves have either 3, 2, or 1 finger...she actually looks like a re-veg, but she's an auto, so that ain't happening...
6b.jpg

Next up, the 16.5"tall DarkDevil auto- :love: (also 50 days old) not much to her yet, but I think she's going to fill in pretty well...
She's also about as tall as she's going to get. Her, and the Wookiees are also getting 5.5g/mc/gal, plus the other stuff, and they both seem to like it.
7.jpg

And she's got that purple thing going on, so she's gonna be a pretty one, eventually...
8.jpg

Lastly, there's the 3 autos planted in the ground- they're not very impressive plants, but they're plenty healthy- they're all being fed apx. 50g of @GeoFlora Nutrients "Bloom" every 12 days or so..and I've got to say, those Geoflora nutes are doing a great job on them.
10.jpg

And there you have it!

Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support..:green_heart:

The tutorial is coming up in a few minutes, but first, the quotes:

But it's only ugly on the outside...inside, it's usually kinda pretty:)

Ha! I see what you did there! Thanks, Stone!

This one might try to over fill the box....:oops:
unless she stops growing pretty soon...
Love this idea what you did with the NextLight Led! Crafty :cool:

Now that I'm older and wiser, well...nothing's changed
But with weed, the brain "damage" wears off in an hour or so :cheesygrinsmiley:
I might like it because I think I might like supercropping after all.
Hopefully, it's not necessary, but ya never know...
Love this idea what you did with the NextLight Led! Crafty :cool:
Thank you, Verbalist!
It's like that light was made for "the box"... it's got twice as much wattage as I can use in there, but I can work around that!

Hi Carcass, that purple on the dark devil is pretty. The plants / canopies look amazing. Thank you for the latest lesson. Can I make that bend now on my older plant do you think? I have it slightly bent over but it needs to go further if it is to meet up with the other spread out branches?

Thanks, Carmen !
Thank you for the latest lesson. Can I make that bend now on my older plant do you think?
Do you mean the stem crush?
No, I wouldnt do that yet...instead, just keep bending that one a little more every day until it's where you want it to be.

This is a LowRyder auto from a few years ago...(when I still did LST) You bend it over and then just try and hold it at one level till the branches catch up...
Bend her over33.JPG

When it starts to look like this, just move the tiedown a little farther out on the branch- that'll keep the branch level, and let the little branches catch up..
Bend her over 37.JPG

I hope that answered your question, Carmen- but if not, let me know, and we'll get it figured out!

Thanks, Carmen !

No, I wouldnt do that yet...instead, just keep bending that one a little more every day until it's where you want it to be.

This is a LowRyder auto from a few years ago...(when I still did LST) You bend it over and then just try and hold it at one level till the branches catch up...
Bend her over33.JPG

When it starts to look like this, just move the tiedown a little farther out on the branch- that'll keep the branch level, and let the little branches catch up..
Bend her over 37.JPG

I hope that answered your question, Carmen- but if not, let me know, and we'll get it figured out!
Good morning C Smiles :)

So a couple of weeks ago I had this issue with two of my outside branches and I didn’t know how to shrink them back to canopy level and I should have asked but I thought it was because I didn’t follow the directions right and I didn’t want you to know I was a moron who can’t follow directions, even tho we both know full well I’m a moron who can’t follow directions lolllll

So I considered just cutting it off, then came up with this idea, and it worked. Your rolling stem would have been heaps easier.

D790E6F5-0A2F-4A78-820C-01DE4CEB74F5.jpeg

Nothin' wrong with that! Sometimes, there's no other choice...the stem crush should be done at the first sign of "tallness", because it'll slow them down and they may end up not getting too tall...but once they are too tall,
your method works fine!
Here's a crude drawing of what you can do with the smaller branches to keep them in line (this won't work for the big main branches)
tootall.jpg

You may not need to do this yet, but when she starts stretching this^^ is something you might have to do.
:thumb:

Nothin' wrong with that! Sometimes, there's no other choice...the stem crush should be done at the first sign of "tallness", because it'll slow them down and they may end up not getting too tall...but once they are too tall,
your method works fine!
Here's a crude drawing of what you can do with the smaller branches to keep them in line (this won't work for the big main branches)
tootall.jpg

You may not need to do this yet, but when she starts stretching this^^ is something you might have to do.
:thumb:
O

M

G

Why didn’t I think of that?

In my mind I had to control it where it stood! Great idea T!

PS I love the way you marked the pot, literally made me big smile. You cover all bases!

In my mind I had to control it where it stood!
You kinda do with the big main branches- they're probably not "bendy" enough to do this- this is mostly for any branch other than the mains.
Actually, you could try it on one of the fatter branches, but I don't think it'll work very well on a "not flexible" branch. :high-five:

Thanks, Carmen !

Bend her over33.JPG

Bend her over 37.JPG

Thank you heaps Carcass! That explains it perfectly.

So, I made up a couple of hinges..
Yeah you did!
Now it opens again...
I think that's in Close Encounters! And it's a damn good thing you started this entire grow op with an extra sturdy box given all the mods it's gotten.
:welldone:
the 66 day old GSC- flipped to 12/12 15 days ago, and she's finally starting to flower...
:jawdropper: That is a stunning beauty and it barely has any flowers on it. It's going to be amazeballs in 4 weeks!
If there's something I haven't covered well enough, or there's a specific step that you'd like explained better, feel free to let me know, and I'll gladly go over it with you, or do another tutorial update.
:circle-of-love:

And it's a damn good thing you started this entire grow op with an extra sturdy box given all the mods it's gotten.
That 2 ply Home Depot cardboard is pretty strong stuff... :cheesygrinsmiley:
It's going to be amazeballs in 4 weeks!
I think so too! I've got a plan to "raise the roof" if she keeps growing much taller, but that's gonna be a last resort type of thing...:oops:

You kinda do with the big main branches- they're probably not "bendy" enough to do this- this is mostly for any branch other than the mains.
Actually, you could try it on one of the fatter branches, but I don't think it'll work very well on a "not flexible" branch. :high-five:
Snap, snap. Mr C! :)

Beautiful GSC you have there, Carcass! Something about 17 inches in that box... maybe this will be the plant that breeches that ceiling. :thumb:

I see nothing wrong with your "in-ground" autos. I'm sure they will still reward you with some fine smoke.

Happy Monday everyone! Time for an Update on what's growing...

First up, the GSC from the SoCal seed fairy...:love:

She's 72 days old, flipped to 12/12 22 days ago, first flowers showed up 8 days ago...
Her canopy is a little bumpy now, but not too bad...
1a.jpg

She's doing pretty well...21" tall now- this pic is 2 from days ago @ 19.5 inches tall:
This is the last pic where you can get a side view of the canopy- she's too tall for that now...
2  6-4-22 19.5 inchGSC.jpg

And today- She's 21" tall, and now the same height as the door opening...So she's grown 11.5 inches since the flip (she started at 9.5")
So, evidently, it is possible to grow a plant taller than the usual 17"in the box!

She enjoys 5.5g/mc+4ml silica and .5g Aloe Vera powder every 3 days, and she's real happy with that...
3.jpg

Here's a couple of her 8 day old buds...

4.jpg

And now on to the outdoor ladies- first, the 2 in pots:

First, the 54 day old Wookiees auto- she's 23" tall, and starting to fill in a little...still a bit sparse, though
These are both being fed 5.5g/mc, 4ml silica, and .5g /aloe vera powder/ gal.
She's a very stinky girl...
5.jpg

Here's her triple bud- nice n' frosty but not very big yet...
6.jpg

Next up, the 54 day old DarkDevil auto :love: 18" tall now, and also starting to fill in a little.
She's a real healthy little plant...oddly, she smells a little like peaches:hmmmm:
7.jpg

Lots of purple on her...
8.jpg

On to the 3 autos in the ground:

First, the 8" tall Wookiees runt- she's 65 days old, and starting to fade a little...I'm going to predict a 7g harvest for this tiny lady...:)
9.jpg

White Chem is 16" tall, and doing pretty well- she's also 65 days old, and starting to show her age a bit...
She looks like there may be half an ounce or so on her...
And last, the 7" tall Wookiees x Kalashnikov is 54 days old, and even shorter than the other runt- another 7g harvest, probably.
10.jpg

And that's about all today...
Thanks for looking I appreciate the support:love:

I'm not planning on doing a training update this week, but if there's anything anyone would like me to go over, repeat, or clarify, just let me know!:thumb:

Quotes:
Snap, snap. Mr C!
Or, hopefully, bend,bend...
maybe this will be the plant that breeches that ceiling.
I was concerned about that for awhile, but I think she's about done stretching at 21", and she's still apx. 17" from the light...She no longer fits through the door, so, no matter what happens, she's in there to stay until harvest day...no silhouette shots, unfortunately...
"in-ground" autos. I'm sure they will still reward you with some fine smoke.
Thanks, Beez! I think they will, and, since there won't be much of it, it'll probably be some great smoke!

0543 Tuesday morning.
Still no Monday update.
Not angry, just disappointed.
In due time, grasshopper...in due time :cheesygrinsmiley: ...

I'm working on it as we speak...:love:

Hey, Carcass!

That GSC is the plant of my dreams! I'd like to be able to do that just once!

The outdoor girls are also thriving, albeit in big and small ways. The DDA will truly be dark and the Wookies truly fuzzy.

3 snaps up! :)

Nice DDA. Looks just like her daddy.

Yeah...nice other plants too. Especially that GSC
Thanks, VG! She really is doing great- that seed fairy picked a real good one... :love:
That GSC is the plant of my dreams! I'd like to be able to do that just once!
Thanks, GDB! Get yourself a wardrobe box, and I'll walk you through it!

Great update Carcass! It's amazing how fairies from across the states are well-represented up there. :thumb:
So, evidently, it is possible to grow a plant taller than the usual 17"in the box!
I do believe you did it, you did it, you did it!
She's a real healthy little plant...oddly, she smells a little like peaches
I can explain that. You see it's a Dark Devil Auto, and the Devil went down to Georgia, which is the Peach Tree State.
I'm going to predict a 7g harvest for this tiny lady
Your autos look like autos! :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom