Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thank You,Stone!
She looks heavy for a little girl as well!
She's about what I thought she'd be...not heavy, but not real light, either... 🤔
your Zkittlez looks a lot like your Super Silver Haze did at the end.
She does! She's like the shorter, yellower version...😁

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And while I'm here, how about a harvest Update on the little 13" @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles?
She was 125 days old, 95 of those days in the Grow Dots. Flipped to 12x12 67 days ago, flowering for 59 days.
She's been in the dark for the last 2 days, and she was chopped at apx 10:30 am today...

Waking up after 2 cold, dark days:
Zkittles 1.jpg

Her last SaugaView®:
ZK 2a.jpg

I trimmed her in the kitchen..too damn cold outside..
Zkittles 3.jpg

A bud- 2 days in the dark may not have helped anything, but it sure didn't hurt anything either
Zkittles 4.jpg

And 2.5 hours later, there's this:
One pound (448g) wet weight, so around 4 oz. dry- not a record breaker by any means, but enough to make it worthwhile...(sorry, didn't get a pic on the scale)
Zkittles 5.jpg

Her little skeleton...
Zkittles 5a.jpg

From the kitchen, she went back out to the garage and into the drying box...There's a little low-flow exhaust blower on the box, which is set to come on for half an hour every 6 hours-
Zkittles 11.jpg

Hopefully, it's cool enough out there (45f to 60f) to make her take 8 or 9 days (or more) to dry. Inside the house, it takes 6 days at an average temp of 68f so we'll see how it goes ....
Zkittles 6.jpg

One of the buds after trimming..
Zkittles 7.jpg

She was a fun one to grow...a little taller would of been nice, but she did alright...

And that's about all for today!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support:love:

In a few days, I'll be starting something else- I just need to decide what it'll be...:hmmmm:

Wow.

Just like that she hangs upside down.
And now she'll lead to a smoke-filled room.
It makes me smile but also frown
From thinking it ended a bit too soon.

Some grows are so much fun to observe
And Carcass seems to repeat that kind.
Cardboard box and a lot of nerve
And plants that blow my mind!

Great job @Carcass.

Picked the next seed yet? :laughtwo:

Well done Carcass, lovely job!
Thanks, Stunger- time to do it all again!
Thanks for all the grow info along the way!
You're welcome, Stone- just wish I'd of gotten ahead of that yellowing...maybe next time 🤔
nice sparkle and well hung! Yellow? What yellow?
A distant memory...😁
Are there vents in that box for the air to flow out of when then fan comes on?
Thanks for asking, Shed!
There are 6- 1"x1" holes along the bottom edges of the box, so the blower pulls air in through those holes, and pumps it out the top- it also goes thru the charcoal filter on the way out, which, surprisingly, gets rid of all the smell...
Also, that's a 12v blower, but it's running on 5 volts to slow it down a little, so it moves very little air- but it's enough to get the job done...I'd like to be able to run it for less than half an hour at a time, but my cheapo timers only do half-hour increments...

I don't really care about the smell either, now that it's out in the garage but that charcoal filter worked really well the 2 times I used the drying box inside the house.
It kept Mrs.C. from griping, so it served it's purpose very well...🤪
I've got an old hotwired computer power supply to run it
You can also use a little usb adapter- just cut the small end off an old usb cable, strip the wires and hook the wires to your fan-(usually red & white, red is "+") computer fans won't run backwards, so if the fan doesn't run right off the bat, just switch the wires around..
They put out 5v, and that's probably all you need ...

Thanks, Boo!
Harvesting sure cleared that yellow right up!

Thanks, Stunger- time to do it all again!

You're welcome, Stone- just wish I'd of gotten ahead of that yellowing...maybe next time 🤔

A distant memory...😁

Thanks for asking, Shed!
There are 6- 1"x1" holes along the bottom edges of the box, so the blower pulls air in through those holes, and pumps it out the top- it also goes thru the charcoal filter on the way out, which, surprisingly, gets rid of all the smell...
Also, that's a 12v blower, but it's running on 5 volts to slow it down a little, so it moves very little air- but it's enough to get the job done...I'd like to be able to run it for less than half an hour at a time, but my cheapo timers only do half-hour increments...
$5 Harbor Freight timers do 15min increments.

Another fine job Carcass.
Thank You, Nev!
Not sure how the next one's gonna go- I'm going to try a SIP, so it might do real well, or, it might not...
$5 Harbor Freight timers do 15min increments.
Thanks for that, @732002 ! just what I'm looking for!
I'll have to pick a few of those up- my $2.00 timers are a couple years old now, probably a good idea to replace them anyway...
.............................................................................................................................................................................
And while I'm here- here's what I'm choosing from for my next plant...
all from the Va, seed fairy... :love:

First, I'll attempt the Original Limonade Skunk....but there's only one of those (and we know how my luck usually goes..) so when if that one dies doesn't go, the Alaska Thunderfuck is the next choice...there's three of those, and I don't think even I could kill all three...🤪
But. If I do, I'm ready for that, too...

From the Va. Seed Fairy.JPG

Thanks, Shed- Since I upgraded the seedbank- it sure makes it easier to find stuff...:hmmmm:

I'm just putting it in to soak, so I/we should know
by Tuesday or so if its OLS or ATF... 😁

OLS?

ATF?

WTF? :straightface:

LTSC.

GLGTFOTP.

Like the selection Carcass.

Good luck getting the first one to pop. :Rasta:

TY GDB :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom