420 Magazine Background

Careers & Jobs In The Cannabis Industry

xomsladylala

Hello, I am fairly new to cannabis activism. I have been medicating for 10 years now. I'm interested in starting a career in this industry and don't know where to look or how to go about it. Help!

BlackHippy27

So many people viewed this post , about 3k I think? Does anyone else have info on this? Very interesting question!

BEEEEEF

A interesting topic. For a career from what I'm seeing as I research is a bachelor's in horticulture would be good, a portfolio of your grows as experience is key when trying to get hired, I enrolled in CTU however it was silly in my view and immediately asked for a refund.

Imhigh85

I run a dispensary in New Mexico the only way you're really going to actually get hired with no experience at a dispensary is to actually fight for the job and show them that you want it more than other people because there is such a long line of people waiting for us to go through their applications that we can be backlogged and sometimes I don't even accept applications we started with one store now we have 3 here things are starting to get a little easier what makes it hard is if a person has an arrest record of any kind it makes it really hard to get them hired

MaddPandda

I would love to get into cannabis data analysis or on the quality and process side! I've looked a lot but you tend to only see budtending, growing, trimming, or management related work.
Cannabis data is going to be a big deal soon I think. It's stuff that people haven't really been tracking and organizing on a big scale since it hasn't been a necessity. Commercial cannabis is going to open up hundreds of avenues to work in the industry in one way or another.
It's exciting stuff!

Does the idea of cannabis data excite anyone else as much as it does for me!? Lol

Imhigh85

For those types of jobs you would not contact dispensary you would actually want to contact the labs that do our analysis because we do not do it it would be conflict of interest for us to do that to our own product so we send out to federally secure Labs which chest from everything from E coli mold mildew pesticides Etc I hope this helps

420 Warrior

It's my hope and dream that EVERY state will have job openings available in the Cannabis industry but until people start fighting for it everywhere it'll be a long, long time before that happens...sad really :rolleyes:

Top Bottom