Carestaker's Chemdawg Crosses In Soil & Coco - 2016

Welcome, and make yourself at home. :welcome: It's a new year, and time for something new for me. I'm starting this journal out with a little introduction. I hope it's readable, and the plants live.

Intro

In this journal I'll be focusing on growing a tent full of different Chem crosses, in a 1.2m^2 tent. I have not yet finalized what the media will be, or even the lights, but I should have seeds into water soon, and I'll figure it out as I go. Soil and Coco are the choices, and I may just blend them in the end. As things develop, I will try to explain my choices. I'm open to input too, as there's lot of time to choose. I had some downtime from my last grow, which ended 9/2015 - it's time to get back at it.

About me
This grow is med compliant within my state. I am a middle aged small business owner in the Boston area. My wife and I are both med patients. I have used Cannabis to alleviate several conditions, most notably neuropathic pain. I also use it for helping mood, after brain injuries. I'm a non-drinker, since a long time ago, much of which (10yrs) was also without Cannabis. It was only when I had no other choice, that I took the plant, rather than the addictive pain meds that were being prescribed. My wife is also prescription free for the most part, and is another Cannabis success story. I'm a husband, father, grandfather, and son. Aside from my incredible partner and wife - my passions are cars, 2-channel audio, and my business. I am very health conscious, and am now just returning to compete in athletic events, Thanks be to Cannabis. :)

Conditions
My growing conditions are coastal at 42 degrees, 42° for short, the perfect latitude for pot :) I'm about 1.5 mile or so from the ocean, and at the mercy of the local RH and temp. I have only a small humidifier, and a small AC to keep things in check. Sometimes they can't quite keep up, so my environment is not at all perfect. I grow in a style that takes this into consideration, and I like to keep it in mind when picking strains. A lot of leafs will die at my hands.

I'll be growing indoors, so I'll have to do some of the work. I'll carry the water and supply the light. I'm sure these ladies are going to help me grow in return. We are the symbiotic, in our care for each other. This point or realization very much guides my approach, as I come to learn more about that relationship, and how I might do better.

More
I'll try to write more of a diary this round. I have only a few years of growing experience. I'm here to learn, and teach, as we all are. Each one, teach one, that's is the way I learned. Here we can all learn together. I can take criticism, if you've read this far, please feel free to correct me if post something that is incorrect. I don't want to ever be a conduit of incorrect information.

Also, just because I often write complete sentences, don't think for a minute that I'm not a total hooligan boston townie. I can drop 40 f-bombs in the course of a minute in public restaurant, in a suit and tie, and no one would bat an eye. But let's just try to keep it respectful in here, and keep it within the rules, so we respect our house here. I can appreciate ummm, heated interjections, but Let's keep it positive.

Please post your own pictures if there's something you want to add to the thread.

Strains
Strain talk is very much encouraged. This is an area of a interest to me, and many of my peers that will be passing through. Please discuss freely, as we are all adding to the discovery of what works for us.

Most of the strains in this run are Chemdawg hybrid crosses x Chemdawg hybrid crosses. None but the ChemD/Cookies, has a full Chem parent. I use Chem as a convenient term for them, instead of the full name, because it's easier.

I'm just waiting on the ChemD/Cookies to arrive. I changed out SSD to put her into the center spot.
It was a sponsor, I'm not sure if I can attribute, but I'll check, so as to give credit where due.

Planning on 5 starts, and if one doesn't make it, 4 will work just as well.

Bubba's Gift - fem seed (Bubba Kush X God's Gift) God's Gift is Grandaddy Purple x OG Kush

SSSDH - fem seed (Super Silver Haze X ECSD) x (Super Silver Haze X ECSD)

Chem D Cookies -fem seeds

ECSDH - cutting from fem seed. (ECSD x SSSDH)

707-Truth cutting from fem seed. (707 Headband x The Truth)

Some of these seeds/genetics come to me with some great vibes. Thanks to those that work to push the plant forward, we are all in your debt.

If you can't tell, I'm in love with this plant. I love to grow them to be as vibrant as they can be, for their time. :Namaste: More soon. :welcome:

re: Carestaker's Chemdawg Crosses In Soil & Coco - 2016

I love the passion CareStaker. It positively radiates from you man. Lookin forward to seein your grow. Take care for now. :thumb:

I love the passion CareStaker. It positively radiates from you man. Lookin forward to seein your grow. Take care for now. :thumb:

:thanks: STIHL LOGGER, and welcome. I hope to remain the passionate student, and that you enjoy the show. We should have some plants sooner or later :)

Awright! Front row seat!

LOL, you fooker! NOTY twice in a row? I hope you know that you're hated now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:popcorn:

[Edit] Ahem ... I read the part about the salty language After I posted. :bigblush: ... wasn't tweaking you ...

In on the first page! Nice!

I look forward to this one, as you always create such great journals.

CS
I'm gonna sit over here. Subbed! :popcorn:

Awright! Front row seat!

LOL, you fooker! NOTY twice in a row? I hope you know that you're hated now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:popcorn: [Edit] Ahem ... I read the part about the salty language After I posted. :bigblush: ... wasn't tweaking you ...

So glad you got your VIP spot here, it wouldn't be the same without you. Feel free to say shit, and tweak as you like. Words aren't so bad, it's when they are aimed at people or their efforts, that it becomes offensive to me.

They would be the same to 'hate' rather than embrace, or question, or teach, or learn. Sad that that happens, but there's hope that people will grow past it, and let their hearts be without needless fear or envy. Sour grapes make for sour whine.

Also, I gotta just come out and say it - I've wanted, but couldn't afford, the XML since before it came out, so I'm beyond stoked. Also, the Timber light is similar to what I was going to build, and now I dont' have to! The BML 4w propator looks insane too. I don't know how I'm going to do it all justice. I'll do my best. :volcano-smiley:

In on the first page! Nice!

I look forward to this one, as you always create such great journals.

Yeeeah! So do you my friend, you are growing some really impressive beauties. If all goes well, we will have some nice ones here to look at too. Winning the contest will help me figure out what I'm doing with my lighting, and there will be lots of new stuff going on. :high-five:

Back to back, quite the accomplishment, and well deserved. Here to learn.

:welcome:SWOGA. I'm here to learn too, but I'll teach what I do, and what I think I've learned. Since we don't have any plants to look at yet, I'll post some photos....maybe a Marathon of Nugs to tide us over. :love:

Hey Carestaker!:ciao:

All subbed and ready to learn and cheer you along. :cheer:

Mrs. B! So great to have you here! Please make yourself at home, as we learn together. :Namaste: Almost time for your Spring girls to get started ... send me an invite please! :circle-of-love:
Subbed in, Awesome intro :popcorn:

:welcome: Feral! And, thanks for joining in the festivities. We are going to have some fun here, please feel free to contribute and join in :high-five:
Wouldn't miss this. Congrats Mr back to back NOTY. :high-five:

Wouldn't be a Staker thread without you my friend. What can I say, it's The Power of the Purple, you cannot defeat it. :) Looking forward to your girls as well, my doppleganja bro. ;) I may be following your progression, as I may go organic for this run. We will see. :Namaste:

CS
I'm gonna sit over here. Subbed! :popcorn:

Stage you crazy madman, I love it. Here's your backstage pass, grab the rest, and let's go raid the Big 420 jar!

Congratulations...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love: That circle of love feels like a great big e-hug! It makes me smile every time. :)

A different photo of the Candyland...after my cat jumped on it haha!

cl39.jpg

Last years winner, 2014
IMAG6856.jpg
xc.jpg

More to come. Peace and love.

Back
Top Bottom