Caring for clones

Hey there kentboy, not sure if its the right thing to do, but i'm using 1/4 forex solution in water which is safe for seedlings, i use it to supply roots nutrients without high ppm ferts burning them. (Growing in coco)
Misting 4 times a day and half inch of standing solution in tray and so far 25 clones taken, 25 still green and alive...
Not sure why you would introduce calmag at such a critical point: although maybe a more seasoned grower will provide better assurances.
Or put me straight. ;)

:thumb: good luck

Just water is best. As a spray. Nutrients that are not needed are not taken in. So it really should matter. It is still best not to give them things they don't need. Cal/mag comes in seed starter nuits and are fine once or twice but is not something they need a lot of.

Nutrients can confuse clones. You don't want them to grow, you want them to build roots.

Hey Kentboy1296,
I invite you to click on the link below and have a look at my journal. It gives a bit of detail about how I care for my clones.
I spray them with water ph'ed at 6.0 and I add 15 drops of Super Thrive per gallon for spraying them with.

After i have took the clones and snipped the ends of the big leaf's, dip in rooting hormone and stuck in rockwool with a humidity dome. Should i spray them with just phd tap or phd calmag tap or a light nutrient solution?
Never ever give clones or babies any nutes or anything besides R/O water. Or ph'd water. :snowboating::peace:

A little different opinion... I rooted my clones in an air bubbler. The solution in the tank was a very diluted mix of GH Flora Micro, Rapid Start, and Cal/Mag (0.2 EC total). To that I mixed in some of the rooting hormone gel into the solution. pH'd to 5.8. Six out of six cuttings survived. I kept the best two. I didn't use a humidity dome, as the bubbler put out lots of humidity. Was my first round of cloning this way, so we'll see if it works again in the future.

Here are some pics from when I moved them into coco. They were about 18 days in the bubbler - I changed the solution out three times during that period.

Hope that you are successful with yours.

Yuppers. Way to many people over do it.. or have the urge too. Your air bubbler is growing them roots like that. Not any solution.

Nothing is needed for clones or babies besides water.. if your giving them something, then your just having fun. And that's allowed! But not optimal. Especially for new growers to try. Imagine how many little girls will die :-( :Namaste::peace:

Yuppers. Way to many people over do it.. or have the urge too. Your air bubbler is growing them roots like that. Not any solution.

Nothing is needed for clones or babies besides water.. if your giving them something, then your just having fun. And that's allowed! But not optimal. Especially for new growers to try. Imagine how many little girls will die :-( :Namaste::peace:

Ok good to know, thanks.

A little different opinion... I rooted my clones in an air bubbler. The solution in the tank was a very diluted mix of GH Flora Micro, Rapid Start, and Cal/Mag (0.2 EC total). To that I mixed in some of the rooting hormone gel into the solution. pH'd to 5.8. Six out of six cuttings survived. I kept the best two. I didn't use a humidity dome, as the bubbler put out lots of humidity. Was my first round of cloning this way, so we'll see if it works again in the future.

Here are some pics from when I moved them into coco. They were about 18 days in the bubbler - I changed the solution out three times during that period.

Hope that you are successful with yours.

Oh they look nice... i have a bubble cloner i made too, but i used rockwool this time, i dipped in rooting hormone and been spraying them 3 times a day with 250ppm nute water (diluted) i took 6, they are on the 4th day, all but 1 look ok, they are still standing but they are starting to cannibalize themselves, just hope roots show soon or i feel they not gonna make it, will post pics in a bit

Im with jackalope, no nutes just water...
Another way to do things though...
"Air layering"
Basically, instead of cutting the clone off, you score the stem and rub clonex into it.
Wrap a rockwool round it and seal it with clingfilm. The roots will grow while its still on the plant.
Once its rooted up just chop it off and stick it straight into the media.
Cant get pics cos on my mrs tsblet but google it. Havent tried it yet but looks pretty full proof. :)

Im with jackalope, no nutes just water...
Another way to do things though...
"Air layering"
Basically, instead of cutting the clone off, you score the stem and rub clonex into it.
Wrap a rockwool round it and seal it with clingfilm. The roots will grow while its still on the plant.
Once its rooted up just chop it off and stick it straight into the media.
Cant get pics cos on my mrs tsblet but google it. Havent tried it yet but looks pretty full proof. :)
Omg that is a great idea!!! Im definitely gonna try that... this is my 1st time cloning and i wanted to try a few different methods to see what worked best for me, built a bubbler but didn't use it, got impatient and tryd using just rockwool, and i put mom on 12 12 last night so no more clones (or can you?) Its the 4th day and 5 of 6 are still standing, cannibalizing some but standing... will get some pics tomorrow... how long does it take for root?

Omg that is a great idea!!! Im definitely gonna try that... this is my 1st time cloning and i wanted to try a few different methods to see what worked best for me, built a bubbler but didn't use it, got impatient and tryd using just rockwool, and i put mom on 12 12 last night so no more clones (or can you?) Its the 4th day and 5 of 6 are still standing, cannibalizing some but standing... will get some pics tomorrow... how long does it take for root?
Same time as clones from what ive read mate. About 2 weeks. Plenty videos on youtube showing how to do it. I only found out about this a few weeks back so not tried it yet. Looks good on paper though

I am definitely gonna try that sometime and document it
Looks awesome doesnt it. I dont know how more people havent heard of air layering. I couldnt believe it when i realised id been foruming 4 years and never seen it mentioned. Youd think something like that would be pretty common but for some strange reason its like g14 classified.

Back
Top Bottom