Carlito21's Pineapple Chunk - DWC - 2015 Journal

Hell yeah man. I hear its super good for germination...let them soak in a diluted solution...I have also heard if u soak the roots in a solution before transplant...it helps transplant shock. Last night I did just that (for the sake of expirimentaion. I was super torn but my wife was like...you will never know) and thus morning when I looked at plants I think I noticed growth so when I get back home will post pics. I also am thinking I will just try to use it as foliar spray. We will see what happens.

P.S. I passed my drug test guys! I got the job! Moving on up! Woohoo. Gonna smoke a big ass bowl tonight!

P.S. I passed my drug test guys! I got the job! Moving on up! Woohoo. Gonna smoke a big ass bowl tonight!
:bravo:Thats always a good thing. I have a foolproof method I always use, One day we wont have to worry about that crap.

Sorry for not posting anything last night. After three weeks of no smokes I was hapy when I got some and rolled a fat joint. I lasted twenty mins before I got knocked out. Anyways, I checked on plants and seems that the one that was topped now has at least four more shoots coming out. Leaves are perky and everything seems fine. The other plant is just terrible. Looks exactly the same, roots aren't growing and the leaves are all shriveled and hooked. It stopped producing new leaves and growing its own, do u think maybe I should transplant it to soil or what?

Oh...after using tapwater and putting nutes, always check pH because the tap water has it pretty high. Had to add some pH down. It was like at 6.5. I use the droplets. Aren't as exact but are always accurate. No worries about calibration. Here is a pic.

1446299894367-665111605.jpg

The second plant had a very bad case of root rot. That one hasn't seemed to have recovered. Now I will say this....the plant that was topped....it recuperated so damn quickly. I have never seen a topped plant recover so quickly. Usually it takes like a week to a week in a half. But at four days it already had one shoot and today at seven I see it all bushy with at least four shoots. The thing with DWC is that u have to break it in and problems are seen quickly. But I feel I have broken I to it. Plus...I have fifteen more seeds and in no rush at all. I just don't know if I should bother putting g the shriveled plant in soil or not. I. Also thinking....well, should I then put my other seed in its place? Won't it mess up my expirement on the fertilizer spikes? That's why I'm hesitant. Any day now the seed should be sprouted and in ten days I will put it with the spikes to see its effects. I can always take both and keep one in DWC but idk. If it dies it dies but I will keep the experiment going I suppose. I know what your saying tho...go back to soil. I know soil so go back. But here's my other side, I might of hit my rough patch but it seems to be doing fine. Once I stopped overanylyzing it, its gone smoothly.

I suggest to you, do hydro if you feel your a successful gardener. Go for the challenge. The potential is there and just because we can be scared to mess up doesn't mean we will fail. It can be super cheap. And potential is there.

I want to do some hydro someday for sure. There are many benefits to be had i agree. Your right to keep the DWC going and keep trying to work out the kinks. That is the best way to learn. I am still on my first grow and stll learnin soil. I reckon im taking the safer route for now because my seeds are limited and expensive. If i had the room and the seeds I would be doin what your doing. Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

#1 GET RID OF THE TIN FOIL!... makes hot spots and will eventually kill your seedlings or start a weird def....

#2 keeps your res below 70F.... 65 is great.... anything below 60 slows growth... low 50's will almost stunt them... handy if you want to hold them at a certain height.... FYI

#3 put your thermometer beside your plants... not beside your lights.... than you know what your plants are sitting in....

#4 get a solid base run with basic nutes first.... IE A+B grow and A+B bloom... maybe some calmag if your RO

#5 your doing DWC GET A GOOD METER for PH and PPM... its a must! until you get a hand of what your doing...

Hydro is easier than soil BY far.... I started hydro and listen to soil growers talk about all these things they gotta do and not to mention lug around tons of soil... once you get a few grows in and you got your environment dialed in... it's almost a set it and forget it system... minus res changes...

hydro ftw

Hydro is easier than soil BY far.... I started hydro and listen to soil growers talk about all these things they gotta do and not to mention lug around tons of soil... once you get a few grows in and you got your environment dialed in... it's almost a set it and forget it system... minus res changes...

hydro ftw

Hell yeah man, that's how I see it. I mean I've noticed how it really is set and forget. I check it in the mornings. Add some H2o2 and that's all til tomorrow. I feel I have the kinks settling. I will post pics tomorrow!

Bro drop thag h202 crap... find your a old water cooler... you know the ones you find in offices that dispense cold water..... rip the guts out of it and put the cooling element into your res.... bam now you got a cheap effective controlable cooler... and it has a thermostat so you control how cold you wanna go.... and cheap on hydro.... its rqual to 1/8 of a hp so about 32 dollars a year if you leave it plugged i and on all day long

Anyways...so these are my resikts. Last night I noticed the first plant which was doing really bad perked up. And the topped plant is so bushy it's crazy. I don't know if I should top this one but I feel maybe not because it's finally growing. Should I top it or no ?

1446512141355.jpg
1446512042107.jpg
1446512008010.jpg
Anyways...so these are my plants now. Last night I noticed the first plant which was doing really bad perked up. And the topped plant is so bushy it's crazy. I don't know if I should top this one but I feel maybe not because it's finally growing. Should I top it or no ?

So I have seen tremendous growth. The topped one just has so many new branches. I've never topped before but I can see all the benefits to it allready. Literally that place t looks like a dandelion kinda. Just all bushy with growth. The u topped one which I really did think was dieing has just recovered incredibaly. It's crazy. It's like a new plant. Root growth is crazy! I highly recommend rhizotonic. When u foliar feed it three times a day and if you can spray it on roots it's amazing. Since I had that mess up with the super thrive and had to clean my tank it's been nothing but great growth! Roots have literally more than tripled. Will post pics tomorrow. The superthrive does seem to help avoid shocks which is great! Will post pics tomorrow night.

Also, I have gone down to keeping my ph a bit higher. Like at 6. And either the plants adapted or truly don't mind but seriously, it's been really smooth. Oh, I have gone to adding H2o2 only every other day and my tank is still clean. Other tha that....I check temps and they are always at 72. I check them I the morning, check ph and add peroxide every other day. Occasionally foliar feed just ph water and rhizotonic and that's all guys! Lights on 24/7.

Oh, incase your work during about how my other grow is...I just put the rockwool in soil and shoved the plant in the grow room. It's only like two days now but I have air circulating and Temps are very stable so I hope it doesn't burn. But will be posting pics tomorrow aswell.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom