Cart Before The Horse: My First Outdoor Grow

I'm In! I have a Candy Cane outside for my 1st time! She wasn't supposed to be mine, because I usually keep it one side Chic at a time! Doesn't look like my best man going get his shit together to care for this girl and my heart won't let me totally abandoned her, so I set her out on the stroll.... I'm tempted to bring her in at times, because of the up & dwn weather we are experiencing these last couple weeks and upcoming weeks, BUT!!! She will just have to tough it out. Besides, they have been on this earth and survived longer than I can imagine.

420-magazine-mobile1412055906.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1823107005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1666837052.jpg

420-magazine-mobile24165030.jpg
No better way to grow then with the sun....imo

Nice speedy drain too, makes me wonder if I installed it lol.

BL4 is 5 weeks old today. Crazy growth this week. She went from 7 inches last week to 16 inches tall now. That's 9 inches of growth in one week!
There's a few of the lower leaves that something has nibbled on. I think it may be rolliepollies that have climbed into the pot and munch on the leaves at night when they droop down to the soil. It doesn't seem to be happening anywhere other than the very lowest leaves and its pretty minor.
IMG_20170525_081414.jpg
That why I always remove some branches from the bottom of the plant. In my experience most infestations start from the bottom and work up

Tell the fam its the new age tomato plant lol I've even seen where people clip fake flowers to the branches and for those who don't know any better or from a distance you'd never pay it any mind but kinda off the subject and talking bout tomato plants have you ever seen the ones they advertised a while back the tomato plants you could hang and grow upside down I wonder if you could grow weed like that and if it would be any benefits to it or would it just make a curve and just grow up towards the sun maybe that would be good lst training lol just a bowl induced thought lmao
420-magazine-mobile1933142672.jpg

Tell the fam its the new age tomato plant lol I've even seen where people clip fake flowers to the branches and for those who don't know any better or from a distance you'd never pay it any mind but kinda off the subject and talking bout tomato plants have you ever seen the ones they advertised a while back the tomato plants you could hang and grow upside down I wonder if you could grow weed like that and if it would be any benefits to it or would it just make a curve and just grow up towards the sun maybe that would be good lst training lol just a bowl induced thought lmao
Its called the topsy turvy

So I'm probably getting ahead of myself here (cart before the horse right?) but assuming all goes well with with at least one of my plants, I'll need to harvest and dry it at some point. I'm planning to hang it in a shower in a bathroom that no one ever uses. Literally we never use it. We forget we have it sometimes. Humidity should be good around 50% and no need to worry about awful human smells generally left in bathrooms. I can close the door but still worried about the MJ smell that will build up in there while its drying. I'm curious if the smell will be as potent as I think it will be. I can crack a window but I doubt that will be enough to help and then I'd worry about temp and humidity and my neighbors smelling. My other option is to buy a fan and carbon filter for about $100 but I'd rather not, if this ends up being a one time grow experience and I don't do it again then that's a lot of money for one drying session.
Any other options I'm not considering here to get the dry done without smells being an issue?
Does your bathroom have an exhaust fan?...

I'm worried that BL4 may have gone hermy on me. Are these pollen sacs growing on the main stem?
You can see buds in this pic but also look like pollen sacs on the main stem. If so, can I just pick them off to remove?

IMG_20170605_072741.jpg

IMG_20170605_072439.jpg

In other news, BL5 turned 5 weeks yesterday. She was kind of a runt so topping her probably wasn't the best idea but it was a good learning experience. Maybe still some more growth in her future.

IMG_20170605_072338.jpg

Hey I do hvac for a living the v is for ventilation lol and that fart fan in your bathroom would help cut down on the smell an if your worried about smell blowing out side just disconnect the pipe in your attic and let it vent straight in the attic reattach when done drying the smell should not creep thru your drywall and won't be coming out of a concentrated spot outside your house just remember if you got any kind of gap between your bathroom door and floor you might want to plug it with a towel cause your air condition pulls air and could end up still stinking house up and if you get a decent yield of what you got better believe it's gonna stink so good lol:volcano-smiley::thumb:

Thanks for the feedback about the hermy balls. Glad they're really lady parts :thumb:

MYS4 is 2 weeks old yesterday. Its about as big as BL4 was at this point. Since I don't know what this one will end up as, I'm going to try fimming it tomorrow. Might as well try my hand at all these techniques.

IMG_20170607_135914.jpg

Been out town for most of this week so wasn't able to post updates the past few days.
BL4 is 8 weeks today. A few pistils are starting to go orange. I'm hoping I can harvest in 2 weeks. I'll need to get a magnifying glass to get a look at the trichomes.
IMG_20170615_163023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom