Carterhkrs' First Indoor Soil Grow - Blue Mystic, Northern Lights - 2013

NL plant had those bottom leaves brown spotted? what could it be?
I cut em off just in case if its contageus :)

photo469.JPG

photo2105.JPG

how often are you watering and what is the pH of the water you are using? 420Magazine does not allow off site image hosting, here is everything you should need in order to post full size images in your grow journal.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I keep stable water PH of 6, but soil ph is still 7.4-7.6
dunno how long it takes to flush whole 2gal pot to lower soil's ph
watering when dry, when soil is cracking and pot is light

My opionin is no. You still seem to be having a leaf issue. Also the Blu eMystic is an auto flower strain correct? Auto's dont have much time to recover from any type of High stress technique such as topping. I would focus on getting them girls to complete health before I did any type of training.
But Im no expert sir. My advice is just opinion based on what Ive read and seen. I suggest you wait for more experienced guys,such as KingJohn to chime in. Hes short and to the point, but his advice is usually spot on.
:goodluck:

Yea shes auto, i already cut bottom leaves thou, they were not growing and just taking energy from my plant :)
Im slowly normalizing ph of my soil mix, new leaves seem to be growing fine, with no curling, older leaves do not curl more but the older curling stays there i dunno if that makes sense,

what do u use to check your soil's ph?

going to put last two seedlings in bigger pots tonight, as i noticed they are growing way faster when in a big pot...
i was going to put them both in one pot, is it a sucky idea? )) have no space left under my "sun" :)

Yea shes auto, i already cut bottom leaves thou, they were not growing and just taking energy from my plant :)
Im slowly normalizing ph of my soil mix, new leaves seem to be growing fine, with no curling, older leaves do not curl more but the older curling stays there i dunno if that makes sense,

what do u use to check your soil's ph?

going to put last two seedlings in bigger pots tonight, as i noticed they are growing way faster when in a big pot...
i was going to put them both in one pot, is it a sucky idea? )) have no space left under my "sun" :)

I dont check my soil actually. You should check the runoff when you water the big girl. I had the same issue where the old growth stayed curled and deformed from a PH issue. I was using tap water at like 8.5!! :surrender: 2 of the 3 lived. But I also started trimming shortly after and I suggest you dont touch her for at least 10 days. I pulled them thinking the same thin and with one girl I over did it. Give her some time to recover.
I think you will be fine as long as you dont love them to death. And maybe use lst on the auto insted of any topping or fimming. My start was very similair to yours from what I can tell and I went too far but managed to keep em alive. :goodluck:

i would not trim your fan leaves. the damage that the leaves have is permanent but your plants should shortly outgrow the damage. with auto flower cannabis plants you do not want to top them or do any high stress techniques as their short lives only give them time to flower. if you plan to Low Stress Train or LST them you should begin shortly. with auto flower cannabis plants you want to have them germinate in their final pots. i would not put two cannabis plants in the same pot, this is just asking for trouble. with two cannabis plants in the same pot that limits both to half the size of their root mass and one cannabis plant will become dominant and overshadow the other.

if your camera has a white balance function on it, place a piece of white paper under your High Pressure Sodium light and set your white balance so the colours are corrected. that should help you get more accurate coloured photographs.

if your camera has a white balance function on it, place a piece of white paper under your High Pressure Sodium light and set your white balance so the colours are corrected. that should help you get more accurate coloured photographs.

I got Canon T2i and this camera is way too complicated to me, need to light up my bong to figure this out :roorrip:

Sorry for not updating more often, Im kind of swamped with some serious issues in my life right now :straightface:

My big lady who i thought was Blue Mystic strain turned out to be Northern Lights :) As there are 3 plants that look alike and only one which has different leaf "structure" and brighter colored,

As you can see from my pictures NL autos are definitely better than BM growing in extreme conditions, seems like NL have no issues growing in high temps and low humidity :wood:, BM on the other hand gets lots of brown spots on old leaves but new ones are growing nice, added nutes to yesterday's watering for all the plants, will see if it helps to my poor BM lady, here are some pics:

IMG_62841.JPG
IMG_62852.jpg
IMG_62902.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
IMG_6293.JPG
IMG_62961.jpg
IMG_62971.JPG

i notice your plants are growing but still have some leaf damage perhaps new growth also. what is your temperature at the plants? are you over watering, do you lift up your pots to make sure they are light before watering again?

i notice your plants are growing but still have some leaf damage perhaps new growth also. what is your temperature at the plants? are you over watering, do you lift up your pots to make sure they are light before watering again?

Thanx for your reply KingJohn

There is only one plant who struggles the most - Blue Mystic plant (the one that has brown spots and temp scale in the pot) So far all the leaves get brown spots when they get older, new grow seem to be doing fine :wood:
All other plants are NL and they are doing just fine, they stopped growing for about few days right after i transplanted them to bigger pots but now they grow perfectly :wood: they only get twisted leaves but that is because of my two fans blowing directly at them, leaves that are hidden from wind stream are just perfect,

I water every 3 days, I dont weight my pots as i just dont want to move plants a lot, i have heard that for autos changing position to a light sourse is not the best idea, I just wait til soil gets visibly dry and comes out from pot's edges,

As for now im adding 12 drops in a 800ml watering bottle (1/6th of Gal) of FF grow big and big bloom to my big girl, as she started to show hairs, for others just adding 10 drops of GB,

temps are 82-86 with two fans, and it lowers to 77-81 with only AC on, reason i dont leave my AC on 24/7 is because it gets much water inside of it and humidity jumps to 70-80 which is no good, so in few words they sit in 77-81F for about 5-6 hours a day, and rest is 82-86, sometimes it jumps to 88 at the morning while im still asleep and my ICE boxes are all melt :thedoubletake:

Also when AC is on i power up my lights to full 400W but when AC off i keep it on 300W only, I believe if i leave it 400W with fans temps will rise to 92 or so! Dunno if its a good idea giving plants different lumes from time to time, whats your opinion?

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom