Cataract Kush anyone?

Growing247

I just purchased a 6 pack of feminized seeds, DNA GENETICS Cataract Kush, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience growing this strain? After my last experience of getting almost all males with regular seeds I have decided to go with feminized seeds this time around. The Cataract Kush is made by DNA genetics and the product description is as follows...

DNA Genetics Cataract Kush Feminized is the combination of two known winners, LA Confidential and OG Kush. She finishes in 8-9 weeks and has blankets of crystals! The Cataract Kush looks almost grey-black when cured. The flavour is LA dominate with the OG Kush coming through in the exhale. The nugs look OG with LA density. This is the perfect combination of these two strains and the high is VERY strong! The effect is good for pain, eating and sleep disorders. Most describe Catract as a "creeper" high that keeps on building long after you stop smoking!
This strain has been years in the making and is NOT recomended for the light weight smoker!!

Above average yields and dense frosty nugs are easily achieved by the novice as well as seasoned growers.
-----------------------------------------------
So, with parentage like that you would think the offspring will be nice and danky. If anyone has any experience growing/smoking this strain please feel free to chime in. If and when my seeds clear customs I will setup a journal and do this thing right hopefully. The agony and ecstacy of waiting for seed shipments. Nothing to do but blaze a fatty and try not to stare at the calender. :grinjoint: The Attitude is running a promo where if you buy a pack of Cataract or a few others they also threw in a 6 pack of LA Confidential X Cheese aka (LA Cheese). So it should be an interesting grow. I am so psyched. It is hard to find good clones lately and everything grown from seed seems to come out better. I like clones. Don't get me wrong but growing from seed kicks ass and someone has to do it eventually or there would be no clones! I will be that guy! :cool: :Namaste:

I've got some of those beans but haven't run them yet. Probably won't be next round either as I have some test runs to do. But they are definitely on my list to run soon.

Sound like a great strain. I have one L.A. clone in veg now, going to top this weekend. I read that L.A. was DNA's answer for OG Kush...must not have been accurate unless they have back crossed it to create this pheno. Either way flower time is short and she's resistant to mold. That is what sold me on the L.A.

I'll be watching this one. What a great deal to get free L.A. Cheese seeds as well!

Good luck on your grow.

Cataract Kush is OG Kush X LA Confidential (LA Affie X Afghani). I have 6 of those I recently germed. A Chem Dawg clone a few days old. LA CHEESE is LA CONFIDENTIAL X EXODUS SCHEESE (OLD SCHOOL SKUNK HYBRID). All plants are fems and I even germed the free seed I got "Blue Hash" which is Blueberry strain X California Hash Plant. These plants are all in germ/veg mode. In flower, right now, I am flowing a mixxed bag of Warlock, Lemon Diesel, OG KUSH, Great White Shark, Violator Kush, Purple Kush, Afghan Kush, and Afghan Kush Ryder and Frankenberry.

Expect a journal soon. I have a ton of clones in my clone dome/propagator with about 5 or 6 strains. So, expect a journal soon. I killed two tiny germinating seeds on accident. I broke the top off one and another one had a mongoloid root that wrapped itself around the leaves and was kind of strangling it. Once the plants get to be a couple weeks old I will make a journal. I'm cataloging all my water, nutrient, and other things with a spiral notebook. I have found that keeping a notebook helps keep track of your feeding schedule a lot easier and keeps mistakes to a minimum. Just something I do to help me grow better herb hopefully.

any update on your cataract kush grow? i just purchased a mom & will be cloning it in the next few weeks for an upcoming project.. if you have any photos to share i'll show you my tits. j/k ima dude.. but photos would be appreciated.
thanks!

Wow I forgot about this thread. Heh heh. No short term memory problems here. Yeah I gave a few of those plants away. Still got a few. Very strong. Very stout. Huge fan leaves. You WILL be happy. Still no buds on them yet. I kept the bestuns' fo mahself. 3 Cats and 3 cheese. A net made out of string laid on top. That is the plan man!!! I've got them in flower now for about a week. A blue kiddy pool for a flood tray. A bunch of 3 gallon soft pots You cannot even see anymore under the canopy. I took the FF Ocean Forrest and mixxed it equal parts with LIGHT WARRIOR and Happy Frog. That is the "house blend" Good luck ezMAC.

Since there is some interest I will post some pics of the plants tomorrow when the lights are back on. I got my cam back finally.There are two main phenos I have seen when it comes to the Cataract Kush. Most of the plants are a real dark green almost black and look like LA Confidential and one is s light green color and looks and smells a lot more like OG Kush. The OG pheno is more rare. Out of 6 seeds only 1 leans toward the OG pheno side. The plants are 4 weeks into flower so there is something to actually look at. Most of the plants lean very heavily to the LA Confidential side which I sort of expected. I had heard that LA Confidential genes dominate whatever it is crossed into. The result is some very dank almost black plants with white hairs. When you smell them you get a hint of OG Kush. Also, I have a few of the LA Cheese (EXODUS Cheese x LA Confidential) growin and it is some really funky smelling stuff. I can see why the Brits like their cheese. It smells very strong. For my next run of plants I am going to run some Cali Connection Blackwater which is Mendocino Purps X OG Kush. Everything I've gotten from the Cali Connection has been fire and I expect the Blackwater will be no exception from everything I've seen and read.

I have some cataract Kush in veg right now, and a Tahoe from Cali connection on day 3 of 12/12. Cataract hasn't shown sex yet. I love the smell of that Tahoe in veg. Seems it's gonna be real dank. Send me a shout if you run that blackwater. I'd love to see it since I won't have room to run it for about a year.

I grew three Tahoe OG plants last cycle and it was some of the best weed I have ever personally grown. Around here, usually I can only get OG if I buy the seeds and grow it myself or get it from a dispensary. Well, I got lucky and the dispensary had about 3 or 4 OG clones. I took those babies home, vegged them and flowered them out. Didn't save a mother like dumb ass. Needless to say everyone I smoked it with got said it was some of the best weed they had ever smoked and not just because of the amazing lemon, kerosene, funky flavor, but also the high was absolutely amazing. A few hits put you into the most relaxed, happy mood. Very hard to explain, but it was some really really good smoke. I'm considering buying a few pack of the CONNOISSEUR brand OG/CHEM seed pack and giving those a try. Right now I'm flowering some GDP, Cataract, LA Cheese, and 1 Purple Wreck. The yields on all these strains aside from the LA Cheese is pathetic compared to the pure Landrace Afghani I grew a few months back that was so heavy it needed strings to support it these strains have 4 weeks to go and I doubt I will get more than 2.5 Oz per plant.

What a GREAT STRAIN, IMO... Great yield, extrodiary taste!!! One of my new favorites... It reminds me of smelling a rubber tire factory, in a good way, lol

2nd pack of cataract ksh just finishing. 1-2weeks to go. There are 3 different phenos. there is a tall pheno that is way more og. it nugs up tight but falls all over. literally 8 stakes in a 5 gal pot. it is lighter green. Another pheno smells more l.a. to me, but still has a week+ to go. It produces decent, dense, silvery, frosty nugs. cone shape. slow veg, fairly strong timber. (i believe this to be the pheno that dna boasts about)(the one in the pictures) Another pheno is very similar, but not as silvery. It has more red in it. a bit more elongated colas, not as hard, but still dense...crystal content is not as high. This one smells different. sweeter, almost sour pinapplish deliciouse smelling................. i am on a mission to find the pheno that is not "recommended for the light weight smoker"

I harvested and dried that Cataract. Got quite a bit more than what I would have thought. The Cataract tastes and looks a lot like OG but isn't as potent IMHO. Don't get me wrong it is really good cannabis and it really bulks up as far as yields go around week 7 through 9. Letting it go 10 weeks and you will be very happy. I also grew some Confidential Cheese and I was VERY impressed by that strain as well. I would grow that again or pure EXODUS if I could find a real good cut of it and not some bootleg cheese like all the bogus Northern Lights and NY Diesel...its like will the real strain please stand up! Just goes with the territory I suppose. I'm growing BLACKWATER right now and was lucky enough to get 3 feminized healthy sprouts and I'm hopeful they come out dank. Also, I have some TAHOE on the way and have some a 10 pack of REGULAR TAHOE OG seeds so I might save the males and cross 1 or 2 plants to get a seed crop. The prices of seeds and clones is waaay too overpriced imho. 100 bucks for 6 seeds is criminal in my opinion but what can you do you know? At least I'm making a stab at trying to make my own seeds.

I harvested and dried that Cataract. Got quite a bit more than what I would have thought. The Cataract tastes and looks a lot like OG but isn't as potent IMHO. Don't get me wrong it is really good cannabis and it really bulks up as far as yields go around week 7 through 9. Letting it go 10 weeks and you will be very happy. I also grew some Confidential Cheese and I was VERY impressed by that strain as well. I would grow that again or pure EXODUS if I could find a real good cut of it and not some bootleg cheese like all the bogus Northern Lights and NY Diesel...its like will the real strain please stand up! Just goes with the territory I suppose. I'm growing BLACKWATER right now and was lucky enough to get 3 feminized healthy sprouts and I'm hopeful they come out dank. Also, I have some TAHOE on the way and have some a 10 pack of REGULAR TAHOE OG seeds so I might save the males and cross 1 or 2 plants to get a seed crop. The prices of seeds and clones is waaay too overpriced imho. 100 bucks for 6 seeds is criminal in my opinion but what can you do you know? At least I'm making a stab at trying to make my own seeds.

Good to hear the Cataract came out good! Anything that tastes og is good in my book.
I've been looking at that Blackwater from Cali Connection, looks like a winner. I agree with the seed prices as well. I have no idea what it takes to commercially breed cannabis seeds but $100 for six feminized is a bit much. Of course if I'm paying $12-$14 a clone it puts it in perspective I guess. That's just a branch someone cut off and plugged lol.

Keep us up to date on that Blackwater, I'm really considering for my next grow.

Good luck!

DONT KNOW ABOUT IT ? WHAT UP WITH THE BLACKWATER?????Sooooooo. BACK TO CATARACT. There is a 4th pheno! FUCK MAN! frustrating..... the 4th has got that og smell and is short,but the smallest out the bunch. Its crazy that there is four diff phenos out of this pack of 12! which one to keep dna? Which one is the one DNA? WHICH ONE IS THE ONE "NOT" FOR THE LIGHT WEIGHT SMOKERS DNA????>>DNA !!!????? SMOKE REPORT TO FALLOW.... " THIS WEDDING IS BULLSHIT! I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I SAID, I HATE SALMON! "

Ok what happened was I grew 6 Cataract Kush (OG KUSH X LA CONFIDENTIAL) and 6 LA CONFIdenTIAL X EXODUS CHEESE. From this I kept the Cataract Kush to myself and my close smoke buddies and traded a lot of LA CHEESE and sold a bit to cover OVERHEAD which is allowed under our medical marijuana laws. I am now growing BLACKWATER, and CALI CONNECTION GEAR EXCLUSIVELY. I am growing some plants outdoors to take advantage of the great sunlight we have. I tried "EMERALD TRIANGLE GEAR" and was not impressed. RESERVA PRIVADA, OG RASKAL, CALI CONNECTION, and a few other companies is all I trust. DNA GENETICS for one as well as WORLD OF SEEDS and all the companies bring quality genetics. Right now I'm growing BUBBA, LEMON DIEsEL CLONE ONLY, and TRAINWRECK X PURPLE and a whole lot of TAHOE OG as well as AK-47 and some other really super strains.

Back
Top Bottom