Caterpillar infestation

giezzi92

i have caterpillar's in my weed, eating buds, shitting, and rotting my weed

i got this product at the store, question is, will i have to wash my weed before smoking it after i use this?

imgur.com

the active compound is delta*deltamethrin *

any tips? instructions are pretty bad, i mixed 1ml in 1l of water and sprayed all of my plant, how often should i do this? im 3 weeks ish* from harvest.

how often should i spray them? also, it's raining, is that an issue?

No you don’t have to.... because you have the power of choice - but if that were sprayed on my plants.... heck yes I woukd bud wash them.

I choose to bud wash everything even if it was a prefect run without any foliar sprays or pest management sprays.

never used that product but follow manufacturers guidance
instructions are not for weed, only for all kinds of veggies and fruit's, can too much hurt?

also i was wondering, how do i remove poop from buds so they don't rot?

The poop will dry(u can knock the dropping off and isn't the cause of rot, the worm is, burnt bud spot) and you can usually follow the trail to the worm. If you aren't washing your buds... I'm not here to judge you or anyone else that isn't, but YOU are missing out and there is a difference. IT takes away that slight throat harshness and is a much cleaner experience. I wash all my buds even indoor ones, it's extra WORK, but for the end result it's much more enjoyable.

yeah I saw that, weed is closely related to hops which is not listed also. if it’s reasonably safe for food crops that you consume then.. meh.... close enough for government work. If you repeat spray at intervals and kill them all hopefully you can get to harvest and not spray any near the end.

bud washing and use a bit of hydrogen peroxide in first bucket, here’s whole thread on budwashing Bud washing it helps your buds and colas to dry out more evenly

next season add mosquito bits or mosquito dunks to your routine, use bits or dunks mixed is soil and as top dress, also put 1/4 to 1/2 dunk in 5 gallons water bucket - draw a gallon from that bucket to mix your nutes in. Bits & dunks contain BT which is a biological for caterpillars

The poop will dry(u can knock the dropping off and isn't the cause of rot, the worm is, burnt bud spot) and you can usually follow the trail to the worm. If you aren't washing your buds... I'm not here to judge you or anyone else that isn't, but YOU are missing out and there is a difference. IT takes away that slight throat harshness and is a much cleaner experience. I wash all my buds even indoor ones, it's extra WORK, but for the end result it's much more enjoyable.
does washing wash off some of the thc?

also how do i avoid mold when drying after washing the buds

yeah I saw that, weed is closely related to hops which is not listed also. if it’s reasonably safe for food crops that you consume then.. meh.... close enough for government work. If you repeat spray at intervals and kill them all hopefully you can get to harvest and not spray any near the end.

bud washing and use a bit of hydrogen peroxide in first bucket, here’s whole thread on budwashing Bud washing it helps your buds and colas to dry out more evenly

next season add mosquito bits or mosquito dunks to your routine, use bits or dunks mixed is soil and as top dress, also put 1/4 to 1/2 dunk in 5 gallons water bucket - draw a gallon from that bucket to mix your nutes in. Bits & dunks contain BT which is a biological for caterpillars
really it helps to dry evenly? i actually have issues when drying because the outside dries wayy too fast compared to the inside of the bud

about the pesticide, how often should i spray it and what are the side effects of spraying it too often? and how can i tell if should stop? the caterpillars are very hard to spot sometimes i have a very bushy plant

does washing wash off some of the thc?

also how do i avoid mold when drying after washing the buds
I have never noticed any loss of thc, if it is, it's minimal at best. The cleaner experience is worth the work 10 fold. If your buds are moldy, not enough air circulation is the common cause or to high of humidity. I use my tent after I'm done and put the exhaust fan on the slowest setting and passively dry my buds(no fans on just passive intake air). 5-7 days usually they are dry enough to get in the jars without getting wet(I control the dry out period from there with burping). I have never had mold issues with this method. I wish I had a controlled room, but it's not a commercial OP and my flowers come out fine.

I’m indoor only so no hands on experience with caterpillars. I would follow their directions as much as possible and I recognize they don’t list cannabis as a crop. As mentioned above inspect buds closely - pull / kill any live critters you see. No idea on when to discontinue use, personally I would stop when they are gone and I would try to avoid spraying in last few weeks before harvest. Read their warnings and dosing guidelines is the best I can tell you, maybe see if their dosages are different from 1 vegetable type to the next and make educated guess

Back
Top Bottom