Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Great pictures and profile of your harvest Catman. Those are some nice looking nuggs too that don't look to me like they'll dry to lil bits; more like some fat sticky chunks! That's a very respectable yield from one plant. Anything special planned w/ the trimmins?
mmm mmm mmm

:thumb:

Thanks colorfuldayze I hope so :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was hoping to make some cannabutter with the trimmings...they're in a brown grocery bag right now trying to dry up a bit.

I need a reliable recipe...well I have one, but what I really need is a good digital kitchen thermometer.

:peace:

Hey mate, glad you are happy with your smoke..... that's the money shot (sorry) right there.

I'm glad also, that maybe you take heed of those things you know, like time, and the fact you're still recovering.

The growing is gone for one, you've harvested, its time now for the payoff...just take it easy and look after yourself!

:)

Nice pics, C. You did well with the one, and I'm sure the next will be as good. Have a good time at mom's, enjoy Turkey Day, and don't forget to take a little with you!

:theband::woohoo::party::tommy::thumb::cheer::bravo:

Great harvest for an auto mate looks tasty, hope she treats you well :bravo: :)
Peace and healing be with you and your mother :Namaste:

Thank you so much Sir Budlovski :Namaste:

Great harvest catman. home grown is always better

Thanks wildwelshman your journal helped a lot - and I'm starting to realize home grown IS always better!

+reps Catman! You did a fantastic job. Glad to read that those buds are dense and sticky :)

Thanks Sphnx - Hope all is well over in your world today. I haven't been here on 420 for, it looks to be, four days. A lot can happen in four days around here!

Graces buds were indeed dense and sticky! I have had environmental problems, so she dried too quickly I believe...Update...

Hey all out in 420 land. Hope all had an OK holiday. I spent two days and nights with my Mom in her assisted living facility - was really sweet - made some memories.

My time there was spent unmedicated by cannabis. Learned a lot! This time drove home the tremendous medical benefits of cannabis for me. Glad I took extra pharmaceuticals...One day maybe I can abandon them completely.

Today I am back to half doses with better pain relief with none of the side effects. Thanks 420. :peace:

Plants:

I could tell the RH in the condo was just going to be too low for a nice tempered dry for Grace before I left to go out of town. I harvested and hung Grace to dry in the laundry room Monday morning and when I returned home Friday morning she was quite crispy and airy on her outside, but her stems were still bendy and not near the snapping stage, so I think it is too fast. (?)

Weighed her and put her into jars before I unpacked so she could even out her moisture.

Here she is laid out before weight and jarring - Two of the larger buds are missing from this photo - in a hurry - sorry:

B_1_.jpg

Final weight 47 grams - but I snuck a few smaller buds before harvest, and a few smaller buds from harvest were in the cupbord and not on the scale - so I'm telling myself Grace yielded CLOSE to 2 oz

WGT_1_.jpg

WGT_3_.jpg

I emptied all the jars out last night to inspect - got some stickiness and density back. I am not sure how to proceed. I am terrified of mold developing in the jars, but I don't want to handle the buds too much either...

How tight can I pack the jars for optimal curing? I don't want the weed packed in so tight she develops mold, but I don't want to pack so loosely that she becomes just an airy pile of dried grass....

?

And, Here is good old Ada. Dinafem Automatic Feminized White Widow. She looks just fine limping along after her life long abuse. I cannot imagine how great this plant would have been if I had been a more experienced caretaker. Or not sick.

A_1_3.jpg

A_5_.jpg

Hope your grows are treating you well...Thanks for stopping by...:Namaste:

Yum - Ada is looking good Catman and great job on the nice harvest. Glad you had a nice holiday and visit with your Mom. I'm not a pro at curing but your efforts so far sound good to me. I think that extra moisture in the stems that keep them bendy is what you want to extract and spread around slowly during curing. Thanks for sharing the update and have a choice weekend brah, cheers

Hi Catman looks and sounds great. I'm not sure if you have heard off cvaults but they have great reviews and are for the curing and storage off weed. They keep the buds at the right humidity and adjust its self due to temps. I don't have any myself but they are on my list to have from Santa lol. They are not the cheapest off things but you can cure you bud and you dint have to worry about burping jars etc.

Yum - Ada is looking good Catman and great job on the nice harvest. Glad you had a nice holiday and visit with your Mom. I'm not a pro at curing but your efforts so far sound good to me. I think that extra moisture in the stems that keep them bendy is what you want to extract and spread around slowly during curing. Thanks for sharing the update and have a choice weekend brah, cheers

Thanks for the positive reply colorfuldayze! Regardless of my skill level, Grace is providing me with pretty decent medicine - better than what the streets of the Big City provide by a long shot :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Catman looks and sounds great. I'm not sure if you have heard off cvaults but they have great reviews and are for the curing and storage off weed. They keep the buds at the right humidity and adjust its self due to temps. I don't have any myself but they are on my list to have from Santa lol. They are not the cheapest off things but you can cure you bud and you dint have to worry about burping jars etc.

Hey wildwelshman glad you stopped by I have read about those cvaults. Sounds good to me, but I am trying to see if I can keep a steady supply of meds going on minimal costs LOL - retirement is not kind to most people in America! Maybe I'll change my mind if RH continues to be a problem....

congrats. I dry my buds for 4-5 days, jar them for a day, take them out for a day, then jar them for good.

Great work man! That is all looking great.

About your buds. Fill the jar up but dont force any buds in. Just what it will hold without force. Burp daily. You should notice that after some time in the sealed jar, the bud gets wet again if it is indee too wet still, so burp more and for longer. Once you start noticing that the bud seems dry to the touch when you open the jars, burp less often and for less time. You will get the hang of it. You want your buds to dry as slowly as possible while avoiding mold.

All around great round-up C-Man!

Now that you learned how to, and are supplying yourself. It will soon be your turn to help someone else learn how to do this as well based on what you have already learned.

I emptied all the jars out last night to inspect - got some stickiness and density back. I am not sure how to proceed. I am terrified of mold developing in the jars, but I don't want to handle the buds too much either...

Go to the pet store, go to the lizard section, find a cheap hygrometer that will stick on.

Stick the hygrometer on the inside of the lid on your jar.

When you think the buds are ready chuck them in the jar, wait about 3-6 hours and check the meter you are looking for 60% rh, if it is over take out the buds and dry more, if 60 put them back in overnight and check again, if they remain stable at 60% seal and stash (I put a vacuum seal) if they are less than 60% put back in jar overnight and check rh in the am, if it remains low put a fresh bud in with them and try to get the rh up to a stable 60% (DO NOT leave the fresh bud in the jar for more than a few hours as this could mold!)

curing is subjective, I find more terpenes in fresh green weed, great for bong and processing... but in a spliff there is nothing like a smooth cured bud.

I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor over the holidays.

PS If you are able to obtain concentrates you can load a "pen" and take puffs even in smokeless environments such as above because it creates a vapor not "smoke" plus all it takes is one or two pulls and you are medicated

Back
Top Bottom