Caution with dogs

great info ty
I'm sorry but this info is not that great. THC should never, ever be used with dogs. Because dogs have so many more cannabinoid receptors than other mammals they get infinitely higher than a human could. Even the slightest amount of thc could seriously harm and possibly kill your dog. NEVER give thc to a dog. Even if it comes from a low thc plant. Only ever give CBD to your dog. In MINOR amounts it is benign to your dog. But not thc. It can easily be fatal.

I know I'm repeating myself but the importance of this cannot be overstated.

All my best,
~Magnus

I'm sure you have been some were when a person will blow smoke into a cats/dogs nose/mouth - I alway thought that was a very bad idea -- that's really abuse !!
Yes it is. Its fucking abusive. Those owners should lose all rights to owning any pets.

~Magnus

Yes it is. Its fucking abusive. Those owners should lose all rights to owning any pets.

~Magnus

Yea ! agree - almost got into a "fight" because of that =- people that do that shouldn't do that - I hope peopel that do that don't have kids I they abuse pets whats to stop them from abusing their kids !!

Yea ! agree - almost got into a "fight" because of that =- people that do that shouldn't do that - I hope peopel that do that don't have kids I they abuse pets whats to stop them from abusing their kids !!
AND lose all rights to "owning" any kids!

Actually, I really believe that many people who do have kids should never have been allowed. Like my parents. And most of my extended family, too.

I make a coconut oil with cream and cheese CBD. Has ten mg both THC and CBD per tsp. Dog gets 1/4 tsp up to three times a day for hip pain. Works well no odd effects

0.1 ml of CBD oil is doing wonders for Greta, my 70-lb black lab girl ever since sweet little Porkchop died.

I mean, it REALLY helps her. Now I only give it to her when I'm going to be out for more than a few hours to calm her anxiety of being left alone. I dont want her to suffer like she has been doing.

All my best,
~Magnus

If you use non activated THCA in your tinctures it probably won't hurt the dog. Or get you high. Probably is the answer to getting the benefits of THC without the high.
For example. Don't decarboxylate the plant material. Then put it in a Magical Butter machine with no heat.

Wrong. Sorry but a dog can get toxic levels just from eating your weed. Your weed is not decarbed. A dog can die from eating your thca heavy weed as easily as eating your decarbed weed.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT give your dog ANY form of thc.

All my best,
~Magnus

Wrong. Sorry but a dog can get toxic levels just from eating your weed. Your weed is not decarbed. A dog can die from eating your thca heavy weed as easily as eating your decarbed weed.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT give your dog ANY form of thc.

All my best,
~Magnus
Cannabinoids are not toxic. Toxic would be something like alcohol. The dogs simply have more Cannabinoid receptors. Find me an example of a dog who died from THCA. Or even THC.

THC kills cancer cells so you don't want to cut if off to zero. The higher the levels of CBD the less High the animal will get. I recommend having a strain with low THC and High CBD. You can even give the animal more CBD to bring the dog down from a THC high. You just have to use a little common sense. And if you don't decarboxylate the material, it will be that much safer.

THC kills cancer cells so you don't want to cut if off to zero. The higher the levels of CBD the less High the animal will get. I recommend having a strain with low THC and High CBD. You can even give the animal more CBD to bring the dog down from a THC high. You just have to use a little common sense. And if you don't decarboxylate the material, it will be that much safer.
This is really bad advice.

Just talk with your vet first to see how many dogs they see per month coming in after having gotten into their owners stash.

I asked my vet when my Greta got into some weed I had used to make cannabutter. She smelled the butter and pulled it from the garbage and ate it. Within an hour it was clear I had to take her to the vet where they forced her to swallow activated charcoal. I was told to take her home and keep the house dark and quiet. No tv because Greta was too wired from the thc (it was not the Butter doing this to her!).

I was also told that if she began having seizures during the night that it was probably over then and she would die.

I asked this little country vet how often they see cases like this of thc toxicity. They said about 6 or 7 dogs per month are brought in like that and usually about 2 or 3 die from it.

Dont write to me like I know nothing. I know what I'm talking about here.

You should NOT be giving advice when you have no idea what you are talking about. Especially when it involves the life of a dog.

And just because they have so many more receptors doesn't take away from the fact that thc is toxic to dogs. If you dont believe me then do some proper research rather than just a cursory glance at an accumulation of websites that also dont know what they are talking about.

~Magnus

I can't find any examples on Google or YouTube of a dead dog from an overdose of THC. I think it's possible if the dog eats concentrated forms like cannabutter. Made with high thc low cbd. I have given some tincture to my cats with no problems. You say your vet says that he has several cases per month. Thanks for your opinion.

Can a dog die from cannabis?

Here's the first example (on YouTube) from a vet. But only concentrated. So what I'm saying is completely true. I'm growing a plant that's 20% CBD and only 4% THC. The weed products dogs overdose on are like .1% CBD and 12 to 30 percent THC. It's just a matter of proper dosing. And it's likely another ingredient (not thc) that is killing the dogs

Animal hospital: dog marijuana overdoses becoming common

Dose Escalation and Subject Discontinuation
The two placebo oils were tested up to 10 escalating volumes while the CBD oil, THC oil, and CBD/THC oil were tested up to the tenth, tenth, and fifth dose, respectively; titration to maximum doses of 640.5 mg CBD (~62 mg/kg), 597.6 mg THC (~49 mg/kg), and 140.8/96.6 mg CBD/THC (~12 mg/kg CBD + 8 mg/kg THC), respectively, was thus achieved (Tables 1, ,2).2). For the cannabinoid oils, the second cannabinoid dose was 2- to 2.5-fold greater than the first dose; thereafter, serial doses increased by 1.2- to 2-fold.

One of four dogs in the THC oil group experienced severe ataxia at the 7th dose and was discontinued from further dosing. Two of four dogs in the CBD/THC oil group experienced severe ataxia and/or lethargy at the fourth or fifth doses (one dog at the fourth dose and a second dog at the fifth dose) and thus further dosing ceased for all dogs in this group. No dogs were discontinued from the CBD oil or placebo oil groups as a result of AEs.

Certainly caution is advised, but microdosing dogs seems to be relatively safe.

My dogs Vet told me To give my 8 pound chihuahua 16 mg cbd twice a day, he has a bad knee. Vet says 2 mg cbd per pound twice a day. I have been giving it to him for almost a year now. He tolerates it well.
I make my my cbd oil infusion with high cbd industrial hemp flowers and organic pumpkin seed oil. I calculate cbd content to be Approximately 500 mg per ounce of infused oil. I also use the oil on my feet every night for neuropathy pain.

The industrial hemp that I use, I get from a online source, it has been tested and comes with lab results. Less than .3% thc and 20% + cbd

Dogs have more cannabis receptors so they get high easier. The dog may get traumatized. They say it is possible for the dog to die but you have to take that with a grain of salt. Lower levels of THC is fine. Just be aware.

I am not saying any of what anyone has said is true or false BUT...........

I would slam heroin in my eye before believing the crooked cuck media...

Most vets don't know shit about cannabis and they are forbidden to even discuss it with pet parents because a Vet i think is under the USDA.

Dogs can take THC but it needs to start out with extremely small amounts and work up to it very slowly if fighting cancer.
I ve been giving my Chihuahua 4-8mg of CBD oil per day everyday ever since she was bitten by a copperhead which was about 6 years ago.
I have also used it topically on some lypomas she has had and the CBD usually dissolves them.

I have a cat eat maybe 2-3 fan leaves (maybe a leaf from each) all total sometimes a small fan leaf, He will lead me in the room for a leaf I'l be sittng and he will go to door and "meow" and look at door, Think very small amount will not hurt ??????????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom