Caution with dogs

Important: Don't give dogs THC, use high CBD oil instead. For some reason, they go crazy with THC and it makes them sick.

My dog was suddenly sickened by flea and tick repellent. His coat became brittle and dry, he lost his coordination and his energy. 10 little drops of CBD oil a day in his breakfast brought him back to life within a week. His coat has never been shinier and he is full of energy. CBD works like a charm. I would caution buying CBD oil online, because, you don't know what goes into it.

But that's 1 dog, or have you heard of anymore cases like this? I'd also suggest not giving oil with too much THC in it but for some dogs that might help. Especially with pain. But I don't know too much about it, I'm just thinking out loud. :)

(I've smoked around both my cats and my dog and they seemed fine, even if they got an accidental buzz. My one cat loved it so much he would either start laying on his back like he never does or come kiss/stroke my face lol. He LOVED it but that was many many years ago.)

Peace!

But that's 1 dog, or have you heard of anymore cases like this? I'd also suggest not giving oil with too much THC in it but for some dogs that might help. Especially with pain. But I don't know too much about it, I'm just thinking out loud. :)

(I've smoked around both my cats and my dog and they seemed fine, even if they got an accidental buzz. My one cat loved it so much he would either start laying on his back like he never does or come kiss/stroke my face lol. He LOVED it but that was many many years ago.)

Peace!
I agree I have had dogs that loved it always followed me in the smoking room and others that did not want anything to do with that room. Every cat I have ever had seemed to love weed always make a appearance when I would light up.

Overdose? Elaborate please.

I'm not talking about second hand smoke. I'm talking about giving it to the animal in the form of a tincture or edible.

I used to watch a friends wife blow smoke in her dogs ears. Probably was on Pluto and she had know idea.

We picked up our Black Lab when he was a pup, and the second or third day he ate a small bud I stupidly left sitting on the table, 'bout a half grams worth. It was a half hour later when I was searching for the bud, not knowing it had already been ingested by my dog, and realized he got real quiet and dopey. He couldn't walk let alone stand and I was scared crazy. I was sure he was going to OD. I got him on the couch and he laid there and fell asleep. I stayed with him the whole time and thank god nothing bad came from it. It doesn't take much for a small dog to OD on weed. Carefull how you administer it and how you store it. I learned my lesson and still water up when thinking about how close I was to losing my buddy.

I should note, I am talking about ingestion, and each dog may be different. My dog loves the smell of the weed and loves to hang around me when I smoke. He does not like the smell of the bud and I would assume it had to do with his one time experience. Lab's are smart and tend to do wrong things only once.

THC is highly toxic to dogs
The wife works at a vet clinic and we have 3 fur kids of our own all of which are on CBD
1 for anxiety and degenerative myelopathy
1 for lung cancer (which the mass has not grown in the last 2 checkups)
And our 3rd one we give small dose for nervousness
Keep your stash safe and away from your pets

The wife works at a vet clinic and we have 3 fur kids of our own all of which are on CBD

Hello Tio Hector,

My sister's dog is very needy in that she barks and carries on when my sister leaves the house.

I could be wrong, but I am of the opinion that THC would not help this condition, although a balanced THC/CBD strain helps my wife.

Would CBD relax the dog? I have a CBD strain (certified LP product) with less than 1% THC. We make an edible oil with it and put it in capsules.

Are food oils such as olive or coconut OK for dogs?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Peace. :peace:

My sister's dog is very needy in that she barks and carries on when my sister leaves the house.

I could be wrong, but I am of the opinion that THC would not help this condition, although a balanced THC/CBD strain helps my wife.

Would CBD relax the dog? I have a CBD strain (certified LP product) with less than 1% THC. We make an edible oil with it and put it in capsules.

Absolutely, coconut oil is amazing
It has many health benefits
Be sure to use cold pressed organic
CBD will definitely help your sisters dog which sounds like has separation anxiety
Very similar to our Weimaraner
I’m looking at growing some Charlottes Angel and making a tincture for our dogs
It’s hard to come by everyone is always sold out
If you have questions you can pm me anytime

Absolutely, coconut oil is amazing
It has many health benefits
Be sure to use cold pressed organic
CBD will definitely help your sisters dog which sounds like has separation anxiety
Very similar to our Weimaraner
I’m looking at growing some Charlottes Angel and making a tincture for our dogs
It’s hard to come by everyone is always sold out
If you have questions you can pm me anytime
Thank You,
I will PM after I talk to my sister.
:peace:

Dogs have more cannabinoid receptors than any other mammal and can easily overdose on THC. So a lower dose should be used. Or use a low THC strain of Cannabis.
I totaly believe this --know some folks whom get their dog/at high by blowing smoke into their nose they think it's funny ??. I also know one who has a cat that eats the lower fan leaves this OK because the cat us helping to defoliate

My dog has a nasal tumour so immediately put him on cbd oil after the vet said he could have a week or 5 years they don't know...no further growth 6 months on! His coat is shinier than ever and he's got more mobility In his joints! Aparantly something to do with an amino acid present in hemp that dogs lack...also lacking in people with Alzheimer's and diabetics.

Hi All,
Should we be using CBDa instead of CBD?
We decarboxylate our cannabis (heat it), which converts the CBDa into CBD. Does this make a difference in treatment?

Thanks. :peace:

Hi All,
Should we be using CBDa instead of CBD?
We decarboxylate our cannabis (heat it), which converts the CBDa into CBD. Does this make a difference in treatment?

Thanks. :peace:

Hi All,

My sister found a chart that says how many mg of cbd should be given to your dog.

The chart suggests a medium strength dose of 16mg for a 55lb dog.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

:peace:

So I once fed a friend's dog some edibles... I was young, it was stupid, and I would strongly advise against repeating my mistake. In fact, I strongly advise you to consult with a health professional before you do something that you and your dog will regret. At the same time, I do want to note that I've heard good things about dosing canines with both CBD and THC under the right circumstances and when administered properly. Anyways, here's more story.

I was baking a bunch of edibles. Had a couple ounces of hi-grade herb that I processed into butter and was baking up some peanut butter cookies, blueberry muffin cookies (didn't have a muffin tray at the time lol), and I think chocolate chip cookies or something similar. The works, as I'd say. And so as I'm cooking, my friend's dog is in the kitchen begging so I ask out into the living room if it's cool if I feed him some of the dough. His owners reply yes so I go ahead and toss him a piece here and there. It wasn't much. He also wasn't very big. I'd guess around 30-35 pounds or so. Anyways, some of the cookies come out. I'm eating them. We're all eating them. Oh and for reference, I think I gave the dog the peanut butter cookies, I was at least smart enough not to feed him chocolate... not that that says much for my intelligence given the scope of my story here. So fast forward a bit and the dog has eaten some peanut butter cookie dough, I've eaten WAY TOO MANY COOKIES and I'm top 3 highest I've ever been. I'm sitting on the couch. I'm 100% stuck on the couch. The dog is sprinting circles around the house (floor layout creates a loop around the staircase in the middle of the house). One of the dog's owners, who he always listens to, is laughing but trying to call him. He's not listening. My friends are right in my face laughing at how stoned I look and how red my eyes are. They're telling me my eyes are "as red as the devil's dick" and laughing their asses off. I can barely talk, let alone move and it's getting weirder. The dog suddenly jumps up on the couch, seemingly falls right asleep with his cute little face on my friend's lap and we're like "I guess he's done lol." My vision is starting to sway from side to side and I'm realizing that I'm uncomfortably stoned after having eaten so many cookies (mistakes were made). And all of a sudden: dog barfs. Right on my friend's lap where he was laying. And more or less immediately after, he's fine. Me on the other hand, I'm beyond uncomfortable, I'm straight up fucking concerned lol. I'm seeing the dog barf, knowing he ate far-far-far less than I did, and noting the state I'm in: can't move, can't really talk. Anyhow, all was fine. I just got too stoned, had to sit it out, munch some food when I started to come back down to earth, and that was that. But looking back I think: don't randomly feed dogs weed on a whim even if their owners think it's cool and be careful when dosing in general because there is a such thing as too fucking much.

I also remember watching my friend's miniature beagle rocking back and forth, unable to sit in one place. It was like here cerebellum was out of whack. I look at her, she's got the saddest fucking look on her little adorable face and I'm like what's wrong and then I see my friend's empty gram container of hash and I'm like oh fuck. She was one sleepy puppers. Can't remember if she threw up but I do remember her doing a lot of sleeping on the couch. My friend kept checking on her and she seemed fine, just super baked. In the end, she ended up being just fine from what we could tell but I think it goes without saying: be careful where you place your meds and certainly don't leave them laying around where a dog could snatch them and gobble them up.

Back
Top Bottom