CB Dutch Treat Journal, Anne Jones, May 2023

Doctor Trevor

What I got....

What strain is it? CB Dutch Treat (supposedly a photo; we'll see)
Description: 80% Sativa and 20% Indica; THC: 4% and CBD: 8%
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 48” x 72”
Light: Mars-Hydro TS-3000
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 75 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled; I aim for about 45% with a small humidifier
How often are you watering? every 3 or 4 days, as needed
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule

The plan was to grow my last CB Dutch Treat and last two Blue Dreams. I started germination of the BD seeds (Daisy and Violet) on 5/7. And the CBDT on 5/8. The BDs never sprouted the root; I blame myself as I may have left them in the water too long and drowned them. New seeds are on the way...

Anyway, Anne took her 14 hour bath and was placed in her moist paper towel. By 5/10, her tap root was nearly half an inch long in two days. I planted her in a 16 ounce pot. She broke ground on 5/12.

She is currently the only resident in her tent; she looks lonely. I've set the light at 50% power and am keeping it and she about forty inches apart.

I've ordered new seeds (from a different vendor). Hopefully, I'll get them in in a few days and can grow something.

:ciao: :popcorn::yahoo:
Hey hope your doing well Amigo. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
The past few weeks have been tough, due to pain and shit. But I've been doing good the past few days.

Thank you for thinking of me.

The past few weeks have been tough, due to pain and shit. But I've been doing good the past few days.

Thank you for thinking of me.
Hope the sunshine brings you good health my friend.
You deserve it. :thumb:
Take care of yourself.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

For the past seven or eight days, I've regularly watered Annie with a spray bottle, ten squirts five or six times a day. She's about an inch tall. I've increased the light to 100%.

My new seeds arrived on Tuesday and I began germinating one. The strain is CBD Cream & Cheese (from The Seed Fair) and is a very interesting strain. Sativa/indica = 60/40%. THC/CBD = 22/18% CBD Cream & Cheese Seeds For Sale | The Seed Fair

I am in the middle of germinating Jenny Lind. Her tap root has popped out of the seed's shell.
Annie 052023.jpg

Today was feeding day for Ann. I mixed up a quart of nute solution, consisting of:
1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.25 ts Wholly Mack;
.25 ts Boomerang;
.5 ts Terpinator.

The pH was adjusted to 6.28. She took about 5 tablespoons of nute solution before there was run off.

Something is wrong with Jenny Lind. She just stopped growing. She broke her shell several days ago but hasn't grown any. Her tap root hasn't grown at all, so I started another C&C. I'm following the germination directions given to me by The Seed Fair. I'm surprised the directions didn't include a twelve hour bath; other seed farms say to do this. Seed Fair's directions have me go straight to the damp paper towel.

Hey, look! A dull photo!

j1-052223.jpg

Two days later...

The original Jenny (l) is growing, but her tap root is caught in the shell; you really can't see it on the photo, so you'll just have to trust me. Jenny II's tap root (r) is growing outward; I will probably plant her by Friday.

Rereading the description of the strain, there wouldn't be room in the tent for both plants and the one CBDutch Treat currently in the tent.

seeds.jpeg

This morning, I planted the second CBD C&C seed I germinated. She is now officially 'Jenny.' The first Jenny is still struggling to get out of her shell. I'd help her, but I'm afraid I'd kill her.

j-052523.jpg

This strain, CBD Cream & Cheese, grows bigger than those I usually grow. It might be a good thing if this seed doesn't survive. I think my tent will be crowded with Jenna and Anne. Another large plant would be too much.

Today, I watered Anne. Her pint-sized pot took 5 tablespoons of pH adjusted water (6.28).

Jenny is getting her regular misting of water and she looks like she broke ground.

Violet (the seedling formerly known that other Jenny that could break out of her $%@!!!) had growth a tap root of about .3 inches. I placed her in a one pint container, filled with moist soil.

I doubt my tent will be big enough for all three plants. I'll be playing it by ear. A friend suggested growing one on a window sill. I'm thinking of giving one away. We'll see.

Today, I fed Anne. I prepared a quart of nute solution, consisting of:
1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.25 ts Wholly Mack;
.25 ts Boomerang;
.5 ts Terpinator.

The pH was adjusted to 6.28. I gave her about a cup of solution. I was a little heavy-handed, I know.

Jenny is slowly growing, wearing her shell as a hat; unfortunately, her first leaves are caught inside it. I've had this happen in the past and know to just let it go.

Violet has not broken ground yet. She and Jenny are getting sprayed with water several times a day.

I watered Jenny and Anne today. Not much to tell here.

Adjusted the pH of a pint of water to 6.28. Anne and Jenny are doing well; Jenny got rid of her helmet. Violet hasn't broken ground yet.

Feeding day for A & J. I prepared a pint of nute solution consisting of:
1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.25 ts Wholly Mack;
.25 ts Boomerang;
.1 ts Sensi Cal Mag Xtra;
.25 ts molasses.
I adjusted the pH of this concoction to 6.36.

I sprinkled a tiny bit of Langbeinite on the girl's soil and slowly fed the girls their nutes. Jenna took about two ounces before there was run off; Annie took about two and a half ounces.

Violet still has not broken ground. I'll take care of her until Monday. If she doesn't sprout, then I toss her out!

Last Saturday, I watered Anne and Jenny.

Today, I fed them. I prepared a quart of nute solution, consisting of:
1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.25 tb. Wholly Mack;
.25 ts. Boomerang;
.5 ts Terpinator;
a few drops of Cal Mag Xtra;
.5 tb Molasses;
.25 tb Instagreen;

I slowly fed the two of them until there was run-off.

Violet never broke ground; I've tossed her.
a&j-060523.jpg

This past Wednesday (June 7), I watered the girls, using water with a pH of 6.30.

1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.25 tb. Wholly Mack;
.25 ts. Boomerang;
.5 ts Terpinator;
a few drops of Cal Mag Xtra;
.5 tb Molasses;
.25 tb Instagreen;

I slowly fed the two of them until there was run-off.

Anne is growing nicely (she has a two week start over Jenny). Her roots are visible in her pot; some roots have already passed through the drainage holes in her pot.I will considering topping her in a week.

Yesterday was w
a061223.jpg
atering day for the girls! And, once again, I'm noticing yellowing in the leaves... Anne's leaves, not Jenny's.

I prepared a quart of water, mixing it with a small amount of Cal Mag Xtra. I watered them until there was run off. Let's hope I caught the leaves early enough, this time.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Feeding time for the girls and Anne is still giving me problems. grrrr....

1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.5 ts Grow Big

.5 tb. Wholly Mack;
.25 ts. Boomerang;
.5 ts Terpinator;
.1 ts Cal Mag Xtra;
.5 tb Molasses;
.25 tb Instagreen;

I slowly gave it to them until there was run off.

Now, back to Anne... I'm not sure if it's a calcium/magnesium deficiency or if I'm overfeeding her; looking at various website suggest one or the other.

As always, suggestions/advice are appreciated. Always!
a-061423.jpg

I watered the girls this past Friday. Made a quart of pH-adjusted water (6.32); I added .25 ts of Cal Mag Xtra to it and served it to the girls until there was run off.

1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.5 ts Grow Big
.5 tb. Wholly Mack;
.25 ts. Boomerang;
.5 ts Terpinator;
.1 ts Cal Mag Xtra;
.5 tb Molasses;
.25 tb Instagreen;

I adjusted the pH of this soup to 6.28. I slowly gave it to them until there was run off.

Anne's magnesium problem seems to be under control. No new yellow leaves. I was so happy with this, I fimmed her.

This past Wednesday, I watered the girls. Anne was looking particularly droopy; her soil was bone dry. I gave both Anne and Jenny about six ounces of pH-adjusted water (pH: 6.30).

Today, I transpotted both of them into one gallon cloth pots. I did some additional watering. In a few days, I will start LST on Anne and will fim Jenny. Things are looking good for both of them.

j&a-062323.jpg

Where do I begin....

On Saturday, I watered the girls, using water with a pH of 6.35. They each took about a quart of water before there was run off.

On Sunday, I trimmed Jenny (not 'fimmed').

Today I fed the girls. I prepared a half gallon of nute solution, consisting of:
1 tb. of Big Bloom;
1.5 ts of Grow Big;
.5 tb of Wholly Mackerel;
.5 ts of Boomerang;
1 ts Terpinator;
.125 ts CalMag Xtra;
.5 tb of Instagreen.

The pH was adjusted to 6.32. The girls each took just under a quart of solution before there was run-off.

I slowly grow concerned that Anne may be a photo. While I started her about two weeks before Jenny, she has grown considerably. Her strain is been short and bushy; Jenny's strain CBD Cream & Cheese should be twice her size.

We'll see what happens.

a&j - 062723.jpg

“Hey, bring some bring some Cokes in please.”

Back
Top Bottom