CBD for dogs?

jujment699

I couldn't find a specific CBD section so if I'm in the wrong spot, sorry. You can move my thread.

I have a very small dog who is constantly shaking and had seizures when it was younger. It is very anxious and seems like the seizures might have given him brain damage or something because now he shivers constantly regardless of temperature, light, and anything else. I have taken him to a vet and the prescribe garbage medication that will surely kill him.

But I was wondering what the difference is between sites that sell CBD for dogs... Vs humans. I mean the ingredients are pure CBD so why is the dogs more expensive than the humans? I imagine a human can take a dogs CBD and a dog could take human CBD if it only had the 1 ingredient?

The reason I ask is because my dad struggles with sleep and I would like a backup plan for the CBD oil. If it doesn't work for my dog surely it would work for him (because it has before in CBD cookies we made) but I just don't want to waste $89...

Anyone have any good sites they recommend for this or any experience with their dog?

Thanks!!

So I feed my dog CBD Dog Treats for his pain due to aging and arthritis. These have natural ingredients so although I have never eaten them I'm sure they would be fine, maybe the taste woudlnt be the best :) The CBD is naturally occuring. There shouldnt be much difference in products for pets vs humans except the form of CBD and the extraction process. For instance CO2 extracted whole plant CBD oil is a higher quality than just a CBD isolate. Do some research, there are plenty of websites that sell quality CBD pet products that are cheaper than the products intended for humans.

I couldn't find a specific CBD section so if I'm in the wrong spot, sorry. You can move my thread.

I have a very small dog who is constantly shaking and had seizures when it was younger. It is very anxious and seems like the seizures might have given him brain damage or something because now he shivers constantly regardless of temperature, light, and anything else. I have taken him to a vet and the prescribe garbage medication that will surely kill him.

But I was wondering what the difference is between sites that sell CBD for dogs... Vs humans. I mean the ingredients are pure CBD so why is the dogs more expensive than the humans? I imagine a human can take a dogs CBD and a dog could take human CBD if it only had the 1 ingredient?

The reason I ask is because my dad struggles with sleep and I would like a backup plan for the CBD oil. If it doesn't work for my dog surely it would work for him (because it has before in CBD cookies we made) but I just don't want to waste $89...

Anyone have any good sites they recommend for this or any experience with their dog?

Thanks!!

CBD keeps me awake and i'll think you'll find that's the case for quite a lot of peaple

Thanks!!
That's interesting one, though you may try it and share the answe. My personal opinion is that cbd for dogs and man won't differ but you never know, maybe an expert opinion would be better

My dogs Vet recently prescribed CBD oil for my dog and he also put him on a diet. My dog is 3 years old and has a bad knee. I have been doing lots of reading and shopping around. The dose the Vet told me to give him is 2 mg per pound every 12 hours. Which comes out to 20 mg twice a day. I found Full spectrum CBD oil in coconut oil 1000 mg CBD in a 30ML bottle. Seems like a Very high dose, I have been giving it to him for the past two weeks now and he is doing good with it so far.

If I gave him pet CBD I would go broke fast and my dog would be getting way too many calories as pet CBD that I have found is pretty low CBD concentration.

Only difference I could see in pet CBD is the low CBD concentration and it may be flavored or be in Salmon oil.

My dog and I both take CBD oil. The difference between the two is the oil that the tincture is made from. Supposedly, the oil used in people's CBD oil could upset a dog's stomach.

Why the difference in price? Because the manufacturers know you'll pay for it.

Doctor Trevor
(not a real doctor)

CBD I get is coconut oil. Ask Google about dogs and coconut oil... AKC says its good for them. I can also get it in olive oil, also good for dogs...

Thanks!!
I gave my dog human CBD oil with a small amount of thc 10:1 and it cured my dogs seizures, worked wonders. 1 drop is all it took. My dog is a chihuahua.

Has anyone ever heard of using cbd oil for canine fungal infections? Our shepherd has had a fungal infection for 1.5 years and we are barely keeping it under control with a steroid and and an anti-fungal drug. He‘s just about 8 years old now. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Namaste. hedz
B0A88BF8-8DE3-437D-9DA1-68CFD8A0E51E.jpeg

Has anyone ever heard of using cbd oil for canine fungal infections? Our shepherd has had a fungal infection for 1.5 years and we are barely keeping it under control with a steroid and and an anti-fungal drug. He‘s just about 8 years old now. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Namaste. hedz
B0A88BF8-8DE3-437D-9DA1-68CFD8A0E51E.jpeg

Beautiful dog you have there!

If you google "CBD Antifungal properties" you will see that studies indicate that CBD does have "Antifungal properties".

I give my dog 2 mg per pound (he is only 8.5 pounds) of full spectrum CBD oil twice a day for inflammation and pain (recommended by my Vet). Have you asked your Vet about CBD? I'm not sure what dosage would work for your dog, but I would not hesitate to try as antifungal treatment... I just made my own batch of CBD oil with some CBD flower I bought online and organic pumpkin seed oil. I just found a website to buy Industrial hemp (legal in the USA) 18% CBD less than .3% thc) for real cheap ($80 US for a quarter pound). CBG is a another cannabinoid that may have a better antifungal property.

Hi Vegan - thank you, appreciate your thoughts. We’ll make some cbd oil and give it a try. I took your advice and googled cbd for dogs. Found a pretty good site called dope.dog. Lots of good info there regarding non-prescription relief such as apple cider vinegar, kefir(yogurt), cbd.
Namaste. hedz

Beautiful dog you have there!

If you google "CBD Antifungal properties" you will see that studies indicate that CBD does have "Antifungal properties".

I give my dog 2 mg per pound (he is only 8.5 pounds) of full spectrum CBD oil twice a day for inflammation and pain (recommended by my Vet). Have you asked your Vet about CBD? I'm not sure what dosage would work for your dog, but I would not hesitate to try as antifungal treatment... I just made my own batch of CBD oil with some CBD flower I bought online and organic pumpkin seed oil. I just found a website to buy Industrial hemp (legal in the USA) 18% CBD less than .3% thc) for real cheap ($80 US for a quarter pound). CBG is a another cannabinoid that may have a better antifungal property.
Hi Vegan - thank you, appreciate your thoughts. We’ll make some cbd oil and give it a try. I took your advice and googled cbd for dogs. Found a pretty good site called dope.dog. Lots of good info there regarding non-prescription relief such as apple cider vinegar, kefir(yogurt), cbd.
Namaste. hedz
I grew some ACDC 40:1 high CBD, awesome strain for the body. Check out Medicine Man seeds for ACDC. Good medicinal strains. :yummy: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom