CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

I have a member looking for a good high-CBD auto for his aunt with estrogen positive breast cancer. Anyone have any good suggestions?

I have a member looking for a good high-CBD auto for his aunt with estrogen positive breast cancer. Anyone have any good suggestions?

I grew a few I liked Sue

Siberian Haze, 15%/10% THC/CBD...my favorite Auto I've grown

Tangelo Rapido was a good one also, high CBD low THC
Seedsman has a lot of CBD Autos, some good options there

Yah, your Candida does look like it wants to be lanky. Good luck keeping her in check!

I already know what the AK 48s will do, but am looking forward to how CBD Yummy grows. I plan on topping them when they get big enough to clone. They already have branched out from the bottom on their own, and they are only 4 inches tall.

I'll take as many clones of the CBDY I can before she is switched in 3 months. I have a third grow area set up waiting for them. ;-)

My Candidas all go bonkers.... topped at 15days, and they just do their thing on their own....

420-magazine-mobile1136561470.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1957576474.jpg

Nice-looking plant Dobewan. I'm getting ready to plant my first Candida some day next month. May mine look this good. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks Sue! Here's how she's looking tonight - she just got flipped.

flower-20171028-CD-1F-001-1000x1000.jpg
flower-20171028-CD-1F-002-700x1050.jpg

I'm going to trim some of the lower stalks that won't hit the canopy and take clones tomorrow if I have time, but otherwise, she's ready to go.

Those Candida's are a pretty plant! :love: onto the "future list" they go...

An update on my little Critical + CBD auto. Light penetration was always going to be an issue here (old model light) so a number of weeks ago I laid the plant down and the lower branches came up to join the party. The breeder (Dinafem) lists this as a 70day strain. These pics were a couple of days ago at day 59. (apologies for the blurpliness - I know how to set white balance, but can't figure out how to do it with this particular camera - soon I'll be snapping pics in the sunlight...)

CCBDau_d59p1.jpg
CCBDau_d59ap.jpg

and this one is the result of blindly reaching the camera in under the canopy to capture the underparts... :yummy:

CCBDau_d59under.jpg

My CBD Critical Cure seed is in... front right ... nothin to see yet, but the seed just started to crack in the soak so hopefully it'll pop it's head up soon.

PA2900052.jpg

:Namaste:

I neglected to mention above that the Critical + CBD smells amazingly like chocolate! Well, like some kind of spiced chocolate - it fills the room... mmm
If I touch the plant the smell that comes off is quite eucalyptus and fresh.
What terpenoids give it that chocolatey aroma?

HI CBDers - I need a little assistance please. I've posted in the 'ask us anything' thread as well but thought no harm in posting here - might catch somebody who wouldn't see that one!

The plant is about 5 days from harvest according to breeder specs. Tricks about 90%cloudy, 10% clear, no amber spotted as yet, so it might have longer. But, it's an auto and a fast one so anything could happen in 5 days! (Strain: Critical+ CBD auto, Dinafem, same plant i've been journaling here...)

Has been grown in about 5gal of soil in a fabric pot using organic potting mix and perlite with a distribution of osmocote plus (as per advice from @DocBud and reiterated by many across the forum). It got a big watering in the 24-48hours before the issue appeared.

Anyhow - this issue presented itself over the course of a day, yesterday in fact. The sugar leaves on couple of the colas are starting to fade to yellow.

I didn't notice anything yesterday morning when I photographed it, but last night just before lights out (I like to pop my head in and say goodnight - check everything is ok) I looked and noticed this on one of the lower colas (1st photo below). The photo was taken this morning. I did some quick reading last night and thought maybe sulphur or mag def., so gave it a very weak epsom salts drink. This morning I don't think it's any worse on the lower cola, but the apical cola is showing signs now too. Looking at a deficiency chart this morning it looks more like manganese def. If it is, what would I use to get manganese into the soil?

Lower cola (but the plant is laid prostrate so this 'lower cola' is sitting at about the same distance to light as the apical, and the others where there's no sign of this yet that I can tell):

CCBDau_d66a.jpg

and the apical cola, just starting to show the same issue:

CCBDau_d66b.jpg

The epsom dose I gave last night was half of a mix of 1ltr of water with 1/4teasp of Epsom salts, so it got about 500ml of that (1/8tsp ES).

The other thing that might be contributing to this, whatever it is, is that about halfway through the grow I filled the tray with perlite so I could water using a 'top down bottom up' approach as I was needing to lessen the physical effort of watering and I had to go away so thought the perlite would help with both of those concerns, which it did. I'm sharing that here as it may have been a mistake the has led to this - i.e., perhaps I've created a nasty root issue. There's no bad smell coming form the bottom of the pot, so maybe it's fine. Just trying to provide as much info as I can that will help!

This is a pic of the whole plant yesterday morning - before I notice anything. It's still very wet from it's watering the previous day.

CCBDau_d65b.jpg

Not sure if I should give it the rest of the ES water today...

All help appreciated!

HI CBDers - I need a little assistance please. I've posted in the 'ask us anything' thread as well but thought no harm in posting here - might catch somebody who wouldn't see that one!

The plant is about 5 days from harvest according to breeder specs. Tricks about 90%cloudy, 10% clear, no amber spotted as yet, so it might have longer. But, it's an auto and a fast one so anything could happen in 5 days! (Strain: Critical+ CBD auto, Dinafem, same plant i've been journaling here...)

Has been grown in about 5gal of soil in a fabric pot using organic potting mix and perlite with a distribution of osmocote plus (as per advice from @DocBud and reiterated by many across the forum). It got a big watering in the 24-48hours before the issue appeared.

Anyhow - this issue presented itself over the course of a day, yesterday in fact. The sugar leaves on couple of the colas are starting to fade to yellow.

I didn't notice anything yesterday morning when I photographed it, but last night just before lights out (I like to pop my head in and say goodnight - check everything is ok) I looked and noticed this on one of the lower colas (1st photo below). The photo was taken this morning. I did some quick reading last night and thought maybe sulphur or mag def., so gave it a very weak epsom salts drink. This morning I don't think it's any worse on the lower cola, but the apical cola is showing signs now too. Looking at a deficiency chart this morning it looks more like manganese def. If it is, what would I use to get manganese into the soil?

Lower cola (but the plant is laid prostrate so this 'lower cola' is sitting at about the same distance to light as the apical, and the others where there's no sign of this yet that I can tell):

CCBDau_d66a.jpg

and the apical cola, just starting to show the same issue:

CCBDau_d66b.jpg

The epsom dose I gave last night was half of a mix of 1ltr of water with 1/4teasp of Epsom salts, so it got about 500ml of that (1/8tsp ES).

The other thing that might be contributing to this, whatever it is, is that about halfway through the grow I filled the tray with perlite so I could water using a 'top down bottom up' approach as I was needing to lessen the physical effort of watering and I had to go away so thought the perlite would help with both of those concerns, which it did. I'm sharing that here as it may have been a mistake the has led to this - i.e., perhaps I've created a nasty root issue. There's no bad smell coming form the bottom of the pot, so maybe it's fine. Just trying to provide as much info as I can that will help!

This is a pic of the whole plant yesterday morning - before I notice anything. It's still very wet from it's watering the previous day.

CCBDau_d65b.jpg

Not sure if I should give it the rest of the ES water today...

All help appreciated!

Amy, no need to add any nutes this late in flower. The flowers are using up their leaves, and they will turn brown, dry up, and fall away.

Autos, as you have learned, do everything fast. I actually sat and watched a batch of autos sprout one day, and recorded the progress in my Journal.

Some strains never do amber up. 90% cloudy sounds ready to me, esp if the hairs are mostly amber, too. So you can harvest any time that feels right to you. A little early is not going to hurt anything, since the THCA will continue to convert to THC as the cut buds mature/cure.

If most of the hairs (not trics) are amber, then you're within the harvest window. Probably early, if it's 5 days to the harvest times posted by the seed banks. In most cases, it takes us indoor growers longer to get to harvest, but a few, notably the Autos, tend to mature early.

Thanks AK!

I can't change the nute content in the pot (its and osmocote + grow). So I'll sit it out and harvest in a few days (was waiting for an air sign moon. It's in Gemini early this week - I'll do it then I think). My worry was that it's the small sugar leaves that are yellowing and it looks different to the yellowing of the lower fans I've had happen in other plants close to harvest, which is normal. So i was concerned this looked different.

Thanks for the support - I'll worry less about it and look forward to harvest. And get my bud washing equipment together!

Thanks AK!

I can’t change the nute content in the pot (its and osmocote + grow). So I’ll sit it out and harvest in a few days (was waiting for an air sign moon. It’s in Gemini early this week - I’ll do it then I think). My worry was that it’s the small sugar leaves that are yellowing and it looks different to the yellowing of the lower fans I’ve had happen in other plants close to harvest, which is normal. So i was concerned this looked different.

Thanks for the support - I’ll worry less about it and look forward to harvest. And get my bud washing equipment together!

If the sugar leaves are yellowing you need to harvest those buds and leave the rest to finish. Not all the buds will be in the same phase of growth.

If the sugar leaves are yellowing you need to harvest those buds and leave the rest to finish. Not all the buds will be in the same phase of growth.

I second the motion.

If you haven't already, harvest those buds where you are getting yellowing sugar leaves - those are prime smoke, don't let them dry up !

Did it today! This morning I noticed that it was starting on all the tops and I thought yesterday the trichs in a few spots looked a little degraded. So... done!

Pretty sure I was bud washing while you typed Rad :volcano-smiley:

Pics are imminent... .

Smelt like eucalyptus minty mango while I was cutting and washing :yummy:

Critical+ CBD Auto (Dinafem) Harvest Day:circle-of-love:

Last portrait (without blurple light at last):

CCBDau_finished.jpg

... And after bud wash - what a total joy that was :cheesygrinsmiley:

CCBDau_drip1.jpg

CCBDau_drip2.jpg

Once trimmed, I had 55.1g buds, 22.4g leaves and sugary trim. She was small but pretty and I estimate from that wet weight that I'll have somewhere around 11-13g of dry bud and that's more than I'd expected during the flowering, they fattened up well. Some of these and all the trim will become oil. I'm not up to executing a fresh harvest oil at the moment so I'll dry lo 'n' slo and use, probably, G2HM's low demand oil method. Small batches of oil work better for me. We take ages to go through it. The last batch I made with about 7g dry bud is still going strong and serving 3-4 people well :love:

I had such a happy day harvesting her! trimming was a bit taxing and I was relieved then that she was small (see, she knew what I could handle comfortably ;) ). I'd never washed buds before and found it to be a completely delicious experience. Feeling the density and weight of the buds in the water, and the eucalyptus minty mango aromatherapy that accompanied the process, infused with a touch of the lemon - heady! Talk about the sensuality of botany.:icon_cool

One thing I'm curious about is how super dark green it was. I'd always thought that in general super dark wasn't ideal, like too much nitrogen or something (I don't know where that's coming from - information osmosis, isn't always correct). I'd thought the strain was kind of pale, and she was pale too when she was young. Maybe my distribution of Osmo+ was a bit off... Just wondering, so I learn for next time(s).

Thanks all for your great encouragement and help throughout the grow. I'm trying the lo n slo drying method (seems way easy - in bags in fridge, check in a few days... repeat... no worries) so will report back once it's ready for jars.

:thumb::thanks:

:Namaste:

Well done Amy. Can't believe I'm ten days late on this.....oh yeah..... yes I can. :laughtwo:

She was just what you needed as an introduction. Isn't budwashing the most fun? Something about the sight of water on upside-down branches fires me up. :battingeyelashes:

I've just harvested my Dark Slide, possibly the greenest cannabis chemovar I've grown to date. It could be genetics with your plant, and that's really what I'd expect. The Osmo is a pretty good pairing to the needs of cannabis.

I've been considering a lot lately the therapeutic effects of cultivating cannabis, and the primary benefit is likely the interplay of your endocannabinoids with the terpenes in the plant. Terpenes direct the signal king of the cannabinoids. That would apply across the board.

And yet the legislative bodies controlling access are almost in lockstep against letting us grow our own. That's a conversation we'd do well to discover ways to control. Everyone should be free to grow cannabis. It's simply the thinking of cannabis as a dangerous drug that allows this injustice to perpetuate. If we can change perceptions to thinking of cannabis as a nutrient that may help.

Back
Top Bottom