CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

Hi Amy,

Nice plants!

All we have here in the great white north (Canada) is this snow stuff. I would post a pic, but since they changed the site I don't know how anymore. Must be top secret.

Peace. :peace:

Top right, choose 420 Entertainment, then 420 Gallery. That takes you to a page with an option to load pictures. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Amy.... that CBD CC is coming along beautifully! :high-five: Can't wait to see her in bloom.

I harvested CBD CC 2.7 yesterday.

IMG_87678.JPG

I turned 200 grams into FHO and the other 23 grams went into the fridge for a low and slo dry.

IMG_87766.JPG

Today I upcanned CBD CC 3 into 7 gallons and flipped her. Doc wants her warmer, so tomorrow she'll trade places with Chemdawg and get her own tent.

IMG_88094.JPG

IMG_88084.JPG

IMG_88075.JPG

The next one up, CBD is still another few weeks in veg before space opens up. I'll be upcanning her to a larger pot. The last harvest was an experiment to see what I could get from the chemovar in that size pot. In the larger pot I can anticipate double the yield of the CBD CC 2.7.

IMG_88224.JPG

The other CBD-dominant chemovar in my garden is the Jamaican. At the moment it's showing the largest presence. I have 1.3 in soil,

IMG_88235.JPG

1.2 in a hempy solo cup,

IMG_88244.JPG

1.4 in a small but deep hempy pot,

IMG_88254.JPG

1.5 in another hempy solo cup,

IMG_88275.JPG

and 1.1 halfway through her flowering cycle.

IMG_88014.JPG

Things are moving along nicely. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the solo cup hempys yet, but I'm having fun with it, so does it really matter? :laughtwo:

Thought Id throw these up. Genetics are Harlequin x Kosher Kush. Goal is for a tastier Harlequin with a bit more kick...

The seeds:

20180129_173139.jpg

The wee ones as of today

20180209_064228.jpg

Ive started a seperate journal for these so if you are inclined, please feel free to pull up a seat.

Mousers Harlequin/Kosher Kush Grow 2018

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am impressed with the knowledge being shared here. I have grown CBD Crew Skunk Haze and Juanita Lagrimosa. The Juanita had a more sparkly high of the two. I am one who has a panic reaction to most cannabis, even CBD strains. I don't have access to testing and I wonder about how many plants are higher in THC. I just harvested two Green Doctors and two Candida by MM Genetics. I have sampled some Candida twice and it hit me like regular pot. By contrast, I have some Harlequin which is most enjoyable and relaxing. I harvested Candida at nine weeks and the plants endured a prolonged cold snap. Could that have inhibited CBD or did I just get a high THC pheno?

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am impressed with the knowledge being shared here. I have grown CBD Crew Skunk Haze and Juanita Lagrimosa. The Juanita had a more sparkly high of the two. I am one who has a panic reaction to most cannabis, even CBD strains. I don't have access to testing and I wonder about how many plants are higher in THC. I just harvested two Green Doctors and two Candida by MM Genetics. I have sampled some Candida twice and it hit me like regular pot. By contrast, I have some Harlequin which is most enjoyable and relaxing. I harvested Candida at nine weeks and the plants endured a prolonged cold snap. Could that have inhibited CBD or did I just get a high THC pheno?

They may have shipped the completely wrong seed or you had a high THC Pheno.

Websites say the seeds aim for under 5% THC and near 10% CBD, that should be enough CBD to cancel out for most people, but people vary.

I don't get high smoking my Guawi (100% Sativa) but the rest of the family says it's potent stuff. All I notice is the pain relief. I suspect your reaction would be quite different. :)

If you are wanting CBD for medical reasons, you may want to consider another way of taking the Candida to avoid the high.

P.S. The terpene profile (how much Limonene, etc) can affect a panic reaction.

P.P.S. Many people report the smell of freshly ground pepper helps with cannabis caused panic. Grind peppercorns and hold the grinder under the nose to smell it. Repeat every minute or so until the panic goes away. It sounds odd, but it really does work for a lot of people!

They may have shipped the completely wrong seed or you had a high THC Pheno.

Websites say the seeds aim for under 5% THC and near 10% CBD, that should be enough CBD to cancel out for most people, but people vary.

I don't get high smoking my Guawi (100% Sativa) but the rest of the family says it's potent stuff. All I notice is the pain relief. I suspect your reaction would be quite different. :)

If you are wanting CBD for medical reasons, you may want to consider another way of taking the Candida to avoid the high.

P.S. The terpene profile (how much Limonene, etc) can affect a panic reaction.

P.P.S. Many people report the smell of freshly ground pepper helps with cannabis caused panic. Grind peppercorns and hold the grinder under the nose to smell it. Repeat every minute or so until the panic goes away. It sounds odd, but it really does work for a lot of people!
Hey thanks for the reply. I know Candida is said to range from 25:1 down to 10:1 but even at the lower end of CBD I can't imagine a panic attack like I had. A pheno of Harley-Tsu I had was 1.6:1 and I loved it. Has anybody else had a higher THC Candida? I'm trying to decide whether to grow it again.

Welcome Padre. :hug: My guess would be it's the terpene mix changing the effects. The cold snap would have affected them too, and they're the components that create the effect we feel with euphoria. Another way of stating it is the terpenes direct the signalling of the cannabinoids in some mysterious way no one can explain yet. If we think of the cannabinoids as the wheels, the terpenes are the steering system.

Cannabis effects every individual in a different way, because each ECS is so incredibly individual. We learned in my home that my daughter can vape her Jamaican and it soothes her soul, but eat it and she gets panic attacks and migraines. Cannabinoid therapies are trial and error from the get-go.

Can you clarify what "regular pot" feels like to you?

Welcome Padre. :hug: My guess would be it's the terpene mix changing the effects. The cold snap would have affected them too, and they're the components that create the effect we feel with euphoria. Another way of stating it is the terpenes direct the signalling of the cannabinoids in some mysterious way no one can explain yet. If we think of the cannabinoids as the wheels, the terpenes are the steering system.

Cannabis effects every individual in a different way, because each ECS is so incredibly individual. We learned in my home that my daughter can vape her Jamaican and it soothes her soul, but eat it and she gets panic attacks and migraines. Cannabinoid therapies are trial and error from the get-go.

Can you clarify what "regular pot" feels like to you?

Thanks SweetSue. For almost 40 years regular pot has given me panic, impending doom, crippling introspection...you know, the fun stuff! There have been some isolated exceptions such as Flo, Love Potion and Orient Express. These are strains which allow me to get high like I did for a brief period when young.

Thanks SweetSue. For almost 40 years regular pot has given me panic, impending doom, crippling introspection...you know, the fun stuff! There have been some isolated exceptions such as Flo, Love Potion and Orient Express. These are strains which allow me to get high like I did for a brief period when young.

Well it sounds to me like there's a common thread in those chemovars Padre. Without testing you'll be hard-pressed to identify, but may I ask, do they bear a resemblance in fragrance? Typically the one that smells good to you will be.

What kind of doses are you taking, if I may be so bold?

Damn! I miss that flirty little emoticon. Lol!

At the risk of sending a boring emoticon-free post....I smoke regular pot one toke at a time. High CBD weed I smoke in a bong. Far removed from my smokathon days.

Well Padre, if you're using medicinally I'd suggest you check out our work with Fresh Harvest Oil (FHO) and Biobombs. You'll find both in the cannabis oils med threads, and if you follow the link to my signature to SweetSue's Threads the last post has a good link to both.

We find many members experience more consistent relief with low-dose capsules than smoking. Smoking gives immediate relief from symptoms, but capsules initiate systemic healing in a way taking never will.

Can't wait to see her in bloom.

Here you go Sue! And everyone

CBD Critical Cure week 19: started showing pistils in mid-late January so I think she’s about halfway through flower now... (she’s back right in the first pic)

:slide:

Sue, I know growing her out doors means that our environments a way different as is our soil, and everything really, but do you find you get much (if any) yellowing on lower leaves with this chemovar? She’s getting a lit bit, nothing major and only down low. I’m just wondering if she’s canbabising herself because she’d like to be fed more, or if it’s just the normal die off. All the yellowing leaves are pretty much in the shade so that could be it too I suppose.

Oh Amy....she’s beautiful! Well done girl. :high-five: You should be proud. Look at all those buds!

I’d chalk the yellowing leaves up to natural die-off from age and shade. Your girl looks as strong as can be. This is a hearty chemovar that takes just about anything with a brush off. Lol!

Envy Amy..... someday I hope to grow outdoors. Geez.... had to go back and admire again. :bravo:

One can only imagine what SweetSue would produce growing under Sol!! (It’s a pretty wonderful imagining too!)
You’d have to take the daughter with tho, surely... :love:

We came home from the movies and she told me that when she returns from her trip to California in July she wants to plant her first seed and raise it to harvest. :yahoo:

It makes me uneasy being entirely responsible for her meds. If she learns to do it herself then if anything happens to me she can still stay out of the system. I don't anticipate the market falling into any sense of responsibility in my lifetime. Growing your own will always be my preferred method.

We came home from the movies and she told me that when she returns from her trip to California in July she wants to plant her first seed and raise it to harvest. :yahoo:

It makes me uneasy being entirely responsible for her meds. If she learns to do it herself then if anything happens to me she can still stay out of the system. I don't anticipate the market falling into any sense of responsibility in my lifetime. Growing your own will always be my preferred method.

I imagine it makes a parent proud :)

Back
Top Bottom