CBD strains: Sativa vs. Indica

Felix the Dog

There are general stereotypes about sativa and indica strains: tha sativa tends to be more psychoactive and indica tends to be more couch-active, affecting the body. In CBD strains which are CBD|THC 1:1 or greater, do those stereotypes still apply, or does the CBD rule to such an extent that the sativa stuff is no longer sativa-ish at all?
Thanks

Thinking a lot is due to what CBD strain it was crossed with

Most all the base CBD strains I've used, meaning 1/20 THC/CBD, like ACDC and Candida are sativa's

So your usually ending up with a hybrid if crossed with a indica, or full sative if crossed with sativa

So in short, I've seen the sativa traits retained in most of my crosses, and a nice hybrid of both in my indica based crosses

Hope that helps a bit

""..I've seen the sativa traits retained in most of my crosses, and a nice hybrid of both in my indica based crosses...""

Thanks. Do you mean that you can still identify the sativa/indica effects regardless of the CDB levels?

Pretty much

But

In my hybrid Indica x with sativa CBD , it's the dominant strain that does have the dominant effect, since the CBD strain has minimal THC but CBD still has a relaxing yet energetic minimal buzz from the sativa dominant, I'd say the dominant strain in the cross still takes over

I haven't tested any of these crosses yet to determine actual % of CBD vs THC, I'll be doing that soon

That seems a sensible answer. There seems a sliding scale of psychoactivity, depending on total THC, the ratio of THC|CDB, and the sativa/indica dominance, the latter suggesting that marijuana chemistry is fairly complex and goes well beyond two or three cannabinoids.

Given that THC and CDB have basically opposing effects on cardiac health - which means more or less nothing for those who are young and strong - these things may be important for baby-boomers and others.

I'll elaborate. Any studies I have read - mostly older, which do not consider CBD strands - find that marijuana is bad for cardiac patients in that it increase both pulse rate and blood pressure. No surprise there. A particular study of Colorado hospital emergency rooms found that the three most common triggers of ER heart attacks were (a) cocaine, (b) a heavy meal. and (c) smoking pot. One would bet that few of those people were in what you would call very good shape, although that may not apply to cocaine as it occasionally kills young athlete's taking a first snort. (A lot of hearts don't like cocaine.)
The THC effects are not mysterious: BP & pulse being jacked up suddenly is bad for weak hearts.

Later studies which address CBD seems to indicate that they can lower BP by something like six points, or at least do no harm and lean in the direction or reducing inflammation in the body generally.

A question to ask is: how much buzz do you want with your CBD? A lot? A little? None? This question is something the individual should cauriously work out if not in the "pretty fit or pretty young" categories.

Back
Top Bottom