CBMedzNewb's CBDream Grow Journal - Soil - CFL - 2016

Update - Bulk Wrap Up

Plenty of stuff to get through in this update so i'm just going to dive right into it.

I have some dry weights and buds for show and tell. I'll start with some pics and keep the narrative to a minimum.

Dry samples from the first plant I brought down:
20160701_202250.jpg
20160701_202330.jpg

Dry weight of plant 1 (the biggest one) with no junk in it was 48.7g. Incredible how much shrinkage and weight loss occurs during drying, but hey, I'm still tickled.

Dry weight of plant 2 was 23.3g. About half of the first one as expected.

Harvested my 3rd and final CB Dream.. here is how that went:
20160701_174046.jpg
20160701_174155.jpg
20160701_174144.jpg

Rough wet weight of my 3rd Cb Dream for harvest was 103.4. Here again almost exactly half of the large one.

Here is a shot of my buds curing as well as some of the latest harvest before hung to dry:
20160701_162258.jpg

Will also update on a dry weight once the buds have dried.

Just for some fun here is a shot of one of my Zeus plants. It was just shy of 10 weeks growing along side of my CB dreams. The trichomes looked good so I went ahead and harvest her today as well. Take a look.
20160701_180620.jpg
20160701_184525.jpg
20160701_184547.jpg

She weighed in at 67.2 wet, so it wont be a whole heck of a lot dry but the buds still looks lovely. Not bad at all for a plant on the side of a CFL grow.

That my update for today. I figure one more update on weights and curing progress and that should just about complete my journal.

Have a great Canada Day all!

Hey again CBMedz, happy Canada day bud!! Great update as you close in on the end of this journal. Those plants looks just delicious and you got a decent yield to go along with it. Them buds sure do shrink right up don't they, I find that only the really dense nugs don't shrink up quite as much but will still lose a fair amount of size regardless. Looks like some great smoke though, can't wait to see your final update and weights, maybe a smoke report? :) Take care my friend, great job over here.

Hey again CBMedz, happy Canada day bud!! Great update as you close in on the end of this journal. Those plants looks just delicious and you got a decent yield to go along with it. Them buds sure do shrink right up don't they, I find that only the really dense nugs don't shrink up quite as much but will still lose a fair amount of size regardless. Looks like some great smoke though, can't wait to see your final update and weights, maybe a smoke report? :) Take care my friend, great job over here.

Ya buddy.. I mean I have been smoking it plenty already and I could say as an unofficial smoke report that it just plain makes you feel good instantly after having a rip. I'll get into a bit more detail later on when I get a proper cure in...... if there is any left hah! Raiding the cookie jar too much too soon.. tsk tsk.

Can you notice any actual pain reduction after smoking a high cbd strain? I realize this is an ignorant question but I've never grown a cbd strain before. ( Try bashing yourself in the knee with a hammer- then smoke some and report back ). :thanks:

Can you notice any actual pain reduction after smoking a high cbd strain? I realize this is an ignorant question but I've never grown a cbd strain before. ( Try bashing yourself in the knee with a hammer- then smoke some and report back ). :thanks:
Haha.. I am using it to help control the symptoms of chronic prostatitis which isn't acute pain so much as non stop discomfort. It has helped to dull it to the point where I can ignore it and go about my day if that makes sense. As far as more acute headache type pain I haven't really had any but I'm sure I will eventually need it for something like that and will report. Either way it is a really nice buzz, truly relaxing and honestly not as couch lock as you might think.

Update: Final weights and Conclusion

Well that's a wrap for my CB Dream grow. I honestly didn't know what to expect for my first time grow, so I kept my expectations low. Luckily in this case I got some good seeds and was able to do well enough for myself.

My 3rd and final CB Dream weighed 23.8g dry.
My Zeus paired with a scraggly small Zeus that didn't do well at all came to a total of 22.6g dry.

Combined dry weight for all plants harvested this grow was 118.4g.

I came into this thing thinking if I can get an ounce or two it will be worth the experience, so I am pretty pleased here with the final results.

Throughout the grow I can think of about a dozen mistakes I made that impacted the overall health and size of my plants as well as bud development. I am pretty sure I won't be making these mistakes again, but I think it speaks volumes for the forgivingness of a plant that started from a solid seed.

Instead of diving into a new grow I am going to dabble in a bit of light carpentry and electrical work to try to transform my current grow room into something more.... deliberate. Who knows how that is going to work out. lol

I will try to keep current on the progress of that as well.. Maybe I can get some tips on that as well.

As for my final smoke report I will post in the appropriate thread for a strain review and hopefully give a detailed smoke report therein. It really has been a slice. I am looking forward to the next one (hopefully new and improved).

Tip of the bong to all! CBMEDZ outta here!

Congratulations my friend! Glad to see you got through everything very well and got a nice harvest at the end :) It's always nice when you get more than what you were expecting, you should certainly be pleased with your grow! We all make mistakes all the time, whether it be a minor mistake or a major one, it happens to all of us. You may have made a dozen or so mistakes, but that's a dozen or so lessons learned that will help you remember in your next grow!

Speaking of your next grow... I will be very interested to see what you come up with in your little construction adventure! Bigger..Better..Buddier!! Lol. Whatever it is you do I'm sure it will be great of course :)

Hope to still see ya around the community during your off grow time! Take care.

Congratulations my friend! Glad to see you got through everything very well and got a nice harvest at the end :) It's always nice when you get more than what you were expecting, you should certainly be pleased with your grow! We all make mistakes all the time, whether it be a minor mistake or a major one, it happens to all of us. You may have made a dozen or so mistakes, but that's a dozen or so lessons learned that will help you remember in your next grow!

Speaking of your next grow... I will be very interested to see what you come up with in your little construction adventure! Bigger..Better..Buddier!! Lol. Whatever it is you do I'm sure it will be great of course :)

Hope to still see ya around the community during your off grow time! Take care.

Appreciate all the support throughout the grow. I will be checking in on things here and there to see what's up! You got all those contest winnings now to put to good use. Looking forward to seeing how you put them to use! :woohoo:

Very good my friend, lots to keep up on around here even when you aren't growing lol. I look forward to putting my beans to good use as well :) I need to expand now so I can get more than 4 going at once... it's either that or move down to 2 gallon pots for my autos and fit 6 or 8 in there lol Will see what I can come up with when I come back and what the funds will allow for, I may need a loan by the time I'm done :rofl:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom