Cburns DWC to Ebb and Flow - Trying Again

cburns135

I will give you the short and leave questions for latter to fill in the blanks.
I lost my previous attempt that was going but thankfully a friend was able to hold my misties that had not been sexed yet and now i am going to try to get this going agian.

strain will be misty mostly incidia
i am hopping to get a 3 week harvest of 1/2lb.

8x8x7high grow room in the basement split 5x5 for budding

400 watt mh for moms veg and clone

1000watt hps for budding

i live in indiana so cold winter and hot summer

150 cfm i plan to exaust first through moms room into budding room then out using the heat for mom to warm budding when lights out

150 cfm to cool 1000watt budding light when light on in budding with other end sucking from top of budding room

2 3gal roughneck rubbermaids tubs with 6 3" net pots filled with hydrogton for clones on dwc for 3 weeks far from the 400 watt mh

2 10 gal roughneck rubbermaids with 6 3" net potsfilled with hydrogton for veg growth dwc for 3 weeks at hight as mothers to 40watt mh

2 5 gal buckets dwc mothers 12 to 18 from lights

8 10 gal roughneck rubbermaids 2 rows of 4 on an ebb and flow filled with hydrogton which the 3 " net pots will be placed into. resavour of 5 gal bucket for each tub

i will be back

Re: cburns dwc to ebb and flow trying agian

ok i'm back where was i

i am gonna try to get 1/2 lb every 3 weeks

i will take 12 clones and clone then for 3 weeks with no nets directly into 3" net pots in a dwc 3 gallon tub 6 into a tub for 2 tubs.
i will move the 12 clones from this tubs that have been there for 3 weeks to the 2 10 gallon tubs and give them gh nutes veg schedule for 3 weeks.
i will move the 12 girls probable best 8 into 2 10 gal ebb and flow for 9 weeks on gh bloom schedule.
after 9 weeks they will be flushed for 1 week no nutes dried for a week and that will give me 1 week to shoke what i am hopping to be a perpetual harvest of 1/2 lb before i have to move the next 12 to 8 intpo the flush

any idea ov what size these mistys will be after 3 weeks in clone
any idea what size these misties will be after 3 weeks in veg
any idea of what size these misties will be after 3 6 9 weeks in floweri ng

info and help is appreciated

ok just got home and put 9 clones into 2 3gal tubs dwc 6 in 1 and 3 in the other.
they were in siran wrap for about 3 hours with a little watter .
sexxed them from mother and there all female.
question what is to cold fo0r clones?
watter heatter in both resovoirs, but 75
ambient was 59 before i put 85 watt cfl about 8" above them.

gonna be bueatifull boys i got tingles all ready!

comeon little girls daddy wants to see you grow!

i think im gonna go with hempy buckets full of hydrogton clay 5 gal in the bud.
16 in tottal 44 rows 4 colloms.
4 in veg should reach 2' with 3 weeks in clooner then 3 weeks in veg 5gal hempy bucket dont yall think?

low 56 high 64 current 64.

1 off momma c looks sad she was laying down. i sat and talked to her for a while hopping she would wake up but she just laied there.:(

Haha. This is an interesting journal, cburns. First off, you should post some pictures. It's hard to picture what you're talking about without 'em.

Secondly, those temps are quite low. You can buy a space heater for $20-$30 new, or find one on craigslist/kijiji for about $10. A lot of them have thermostats, so you can bring the rooms up to 70º-78º (which is ideal).

i will post pics as soon as i get it going. right now it is a room with 2 little tubs in it that has no walls but i garantee it will look good. stay tooned.

second ya im scared about the low temp but this is with 85 watt cfl now it will have 400 mh when done.

you dont think these temps will kill the clones do you?

thanks for the post i thought i was alone there.

Haha. You're definitely not alone on here... you just haven't given the forum readers anything to reply to :) Pictures get their attention.

As for the clones... I really have no experience with them. All I know is that they can be temperamental little buggers, so I'd try to keep the heat up if possible.

Also, you say 85W CFL... I'm curious as to whether that's an actual 85W bulb, or an 85W 'equivalent'. CFL's often list how how bright they are, as compared to a typical household light bulb. I just ask because 85W CFL's aren't too common.

Anyway, get crackin' on those pictures, you'll pull more viewers in here :)

just checked up on them and the tired one is still sleeping:shhh:
put in a small space heater to hold them over tell the big lights get put in.
temp low was 63 high 64. gonna shoot for 71
res temp 82 in both tubs
tds of 262 tub 1
tds 260 tub 2
ph 6.1 tub 1
ph 6.0 tub 2
1 capful of bcuz root stimulator in each tub. put in on the 11/03/10, so that makes it .5/ gal.
clones were dipped into root powder then inserted it the 3"net pot full of hydrogtopn.
reservoir lv. is about .5 in above bottom of pots

12 more girl is starting to lay down. i sang her a song about sunshine and rain in hopes that would perk her up but i saw no signs of immediate revival.:sleep:

been ahwile since a cloned and am really worried about the cold please someone tell me that they will pull through the slight chill!

and i would really like to see a timelapsde of a clones first 2-3 weeks of life if anyone knows where one might be seen.Even a slide of pictures day to day would do.

oh and thanks for all the helful replies so far!:bump::bump::bump:

ok instead of lowering the temp in the resaviour i added 1 teaspoon of h2o2/2 gal watter to aid in the oxygenation of the watter
what do yall think

Tell me you have airstones happening in that rez... peroxide will *help*, but it won't compensate for airstones. The more, the merrier. Take a look at Skooter Clownz. They have beautiful, simple hydro setups. And they get results.

As for time lapse photos... you're probably worried that your clones aren't coming along as fast as they should, right? I felt the same way with my seedlings... I wanted to see time lapse photos of similar plants to check against mine. With clones, however, it can vary a lot. Some people have really good cloning machines with aeroponics or foggers in them... they can get roots set in no time. Some basic cloning machines I've seen take a few weeks. Quit stressing... just give them a good environment to grow in, and breathe :)

PS. Have you check online for a used space heater? I really think you could find half a dozen of them for $10 a piece, locally. It'll make you sleep better at night knowing that your girls are warm :)

allright got the temp set at 73 with a heater i pulled out of storage from last winters grow
got the res temp at 80 that is the lowest temp the aquarium heater will go.

and i checked it with theromater.

yesyesyes have 12" sand stone in each running off 60 dollar dual air pump

i cnt quit stressing tell i see roots damnit:nomo:

i have clonned in this tub before but i dont have these mommas anymore and i cant lose my girls! I LOVE THEM!

Haha. I understand how you feel, CBurns. As for the res temperature... do a little bit of research... but I've heard that you don't want the res temp to be high. Apparently when the water is colder, it holds more O2. I don't think this is absolutely critical, by any means... but I have heard the number 65º thrown around as 'the optimal temperature'.

I could be wrong, as I haven't looked into this too much, but your aquarium heater might be unnecessary. Flip around to some more advanced threads... like I said, someone like the Skooter Clownz. They know how to consistently grow nice, hassle-free plants.

As for the heater, I think that'll help your situation. Just be patient. What kind of a cloner are you using? One important issue is humidity... so they clones should be under a dome of some sort, and you should be misting the plants in there regularly to keep humidity high.

DSCI0060.JPG
DSCI0064.JPG
DSCI0061.JPG
DSCI00651.JPG

Back
Top Bottom