CCELL Dart & Uno Pod Vaporizers: 420 Magazine Review By Mr. Krip

Mr. Krip

Product Reviewer
420 Staff
CCELL is a company best known for revolutionizing the vape industry with their patented porous ceramic heating elements that are uniquely designed for high viscosity oils. Well, CCELL is about to revolutionize the industry again with their Dart & Uno pod vaporizers, and I was lucky enough to be asked to review them.

The Dart & Uno are CCELL’s first pod vaporizers and are two of the simplest, yet most elegant and affordable vaporizers I’ve had the pleasure to use.

The Uno is 3 7/8″ long with the mouthpiece attached by about 3/4″ wide and about 3/8″ thick. It resembles a cigarette lighter, only taller and thinner, with a polished aluminum finish that is available in multiple colors. Without the mouthpiece & pod attached, the unit weighs 16.6 g. The Uno has a 350mAh battery.

The Dart is 3 3/8″ long, with the mouthpiece attached, by about 1″ wide and about 3/8″ thick. It has a sleek, bullet shape that looks like a cross between a stealth submarine and a USB flash drive. At 46.1 g, without the mouthpiece & pod installed, it’s much heftier than the Uno and feels very solid and comfortable in the hand or pocket with its rounded and tapered edges. The Dart has a 480mAh battery.

Both models are great for travel and stealth, but, to be honest, I’ve really fallen in love with the Dart and it’s now become my go-to vaporizer even around the house.

Both the Dart and the Uno posses similar features starting with a battery pack that’s integrated directly into the body of the vaporizer. Instead of a traditional tank, they use interchangeable pods that can be filled with a wide variety of e-juice, concentrates, and distillates.

There are no buttons, switches or digital readouts – just a micro USB port for charging, and a battery status light that lights up when plugged in to charge, goes out when fully charged, and will blink 10 times to warn of the battery running low.

And, the devices are air activated so, once charged, without needing to turn anything on, you just put a pre-filled pod in the mouthpiece, snap it onto the body, and inhale. The battery status light will also light up on inhale to let you know it’s on & working.

It really doesn’t get any easier than that.

CCELL’s core technology is their patented ceramic coils that each have thousands of tiny pores designed to absorb and vaporize thicker oils, concentrates and distillates much more efficiently than wick-based devices. Because this ceramic more evenly distributes heat, it provides a purer taste and better vaporization without burning the oil. CCELL claims 25% more vapor production compared to other brands on the market.

While a 480mAh battery may seem small, it’s more than enough for a full day of vaping, (CCELL estimates about 200 puffs per charge), especially when vaping extracts; and it charges quickly using a standard micro USB cable, so it can be charged with most any phone charger, USB port on a computer, or backup battery pack.

The pods fill easily with their wide opening but only hold 0.5 ml of liquid, which could be a negative for those looking to use these vaporizers for e-juice. For concentrates & distillates it’s more than enough. Additionally, the pod design gives the ability to pre-fill multiple pods so, if the tank runs out, you can just snap on a new, full pod.

The pods are held in place using magnets which, at first, may sound like it could be a little flimsy, but I assure you they are not. I tried shaking the Dart as hard as I could and, due to the inset design of the mouthpiece, it doesn’t even rattle. Yet, with a gentle tug, the mouthpiece and pod can be easily removed.

Once a pod is installed in the mouthpiece, it cannot be removed and refilled, and will need to be replaced. There are third party companies selling pre-filled Dart compatible pods with oil made from strains such as Dark Blue Cheese, Sour Tangie, Space Princess and Happy Orange Gorilla, or you can purchase empty pods and fill them with your favorite e-juices, concentrates, and distillates.

The included charging cord is also very short at less than 6″, but it goes perfectly with the portability of the units since the vaporizer and power cord can both be stuck in a pants pocket or small purse and you’d barely notice they were there.

Here’s why the Dart has now become my go-to vape.

For a few years, now, I’ve been making my own vape juice from RSO. The best method I had found used two parts wax liquidizer to one part RSO, then I’d add some terpenes for flavor. The 2:1 ratio of wax liquidizer to RSO was needed to get the RSO to a consistency where it could be vaped in a standard vape pen.

However, I was asked to test the CCELL pens and I wanted to really put them to the test. So, since CCELL’s claim to fame is the ability to vape higher viscosity oils, and as I happened to have some freshly made RSO on-hand, what better way?

I put some RSO in a small jar in a hot water bath, added a small amount of terpenes and just enough of the wax liquidizer to be able to suck it back up, (with a lot of effort), into a syringe with a blunt needle tip. It was no more than 20% wax liquidizer instead of the usual 200%.

I filled a pod, inserted it into a mouthpiece, popped it on the Dart and took a slow draw followed by an exhale of a very respectable cloud of smoke.

The first thing I noticed was that, without needing to press some button five times consecutively within 3 seconds and wait for the unit to heat up, or even turn anything on, for that matter, as soon as I started drawing on the Dart it started providing vapor. It’s essentially always on and always ready.

Not having to turn it on also means not having to turn it off. When vaping extracts you might take a puff or two then not take the next for another hour or more. Not having to turn the vape on and off to take one or two puffs is very nice, especially when you thought you only needed one and then, a minute later, decided you needed another.

Elderly patients and patients with conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Arthritis, Gout, etc. will greatly appreciate not having to fiddle with buttons to medicate.

The taste was notably better than my current, (now previous), vape pen, and the increase in potency from not having to dilute the RSO as much was obvious.

I also like the fact that, with the pod design and smaller tanks, it makes it easy to get a several different types of terpenes to mix with the RSO in several different pods. Then I can just pop pods on and off depending on what terpene profile I may want at any given moment.

I don’t, by any means, consider myself an expert in vaporizer technology, but I do know what I like and the Dart is just a nice, solid unit that delivers a great vaping experience in a small, portable, versatile and easy-to-use package: I would highly recommend the Dart or Uno to anyone seeking a good vape for concentrates, extracts & distillates.

The Dart
full
full

The Uno
full
Uno.jpg
Uno-2.jpg

Review by: Mr. Krip, Product Reviewer
More information: CCELL Revolutionary Ceramic Heating Elements
To purchase the CCELL Dart or Uno in your area, contact a CCELL Distributor

I don’t, by any means, consider myself an expert in vaporizer technology, but I do know what I like and the Dart is just a nice, solid unit that delivers a great vaping experience in a small, portable, versatile and easy-to-use package: I would highly recommend the Dart or Uno to anyone seeking a good vape for concentrates, extracts & distillates.

The Dart
full
full

The Uno
full
Uno.jpg
Uno-2.jpg

Review by: Mr. Krip, Grow Journalist

Nice job man it's very informative. I like the fact u show it can do homemade vape concentrate. I've been trying to make my own vape juice or whatever it is called from my own concentrate n I get a liquid emulsifier like u have but I didnt get to expriment to much b4 my pen broke but now that I'm looking into getting a new 1 this will prolly be it. I like the jus hit it an go feature no on an off shit if u jus wana hit r two. But yea what emulsifier and terpene brand have u gone with that u notice the best effects or works the best that u noticed?

IMPORTANT UPDATE: CCELL NOW CERTIFIED COMPLIANT WITH CALIFORNIA'S PHASE 3 REGULATIONS OF TITLE 16 SECTION 5715

CCELL has recently received new Certificates of Analysis (COA's) that show their compliance with California's New Title 16 Section 5715 requirements.

This section of California law specifies that Cannabis goods shall not be sold or transferred to a licensed retailer or licensed microbusiness, or released for retail sale, unless a representative sample of the cannabis goods has undergone and passed stringent quality testing.

The type of testing required include testing for residual solvents, chemicals, toxins, and heavy metals present in, or caused by the use of cannabis products.

Following is a chart that demonstrates the testing required by these regulations:

17-261_required_testing_chart.jpg

To ensure both compliance with these regulations and customer confidence in CCELL products, CCELL enlisted the help of Belcosta Labs, a state-certified testing laboratory in California.

In July of 2019, Belcosta Labs presented CCELL with its COA's demonstrating that, when used in combination with a variety of extracts, CCELL's cartridges, pods and disposable products are in 100% compliance with California's Phase 3, Title 16 § 5715 requirements .

Over the last several years there have been numerous reports of health concerns involved with vaping with one of the primary issues being the release of toxins and heavy metals caused by the introduction of heat to the substance being vaped and the vaporizer components.

CCELL's recent COA's proving compliance gives an added level of security when using CCELL products that the substances you're ingesting are safe and it may be wise to avoid using third party cartridges or pods in your CCELL vapes, unless you're certain they are also compliant with the California Title 16 regulations.

For more information on CCELL, please visit their website at CCELL Revolutionary Ceramic Heating Elements Vaporizer|Cartridge

That's a good idea, having to submit samples of products for testing before allowing them to be sold. Does anyone connected to the state government also procure random samples of them on a "regular but random" basis to ensure compliance is not limited to just those few samples that the various product manufacturers were initially required to submit?

BTW, my cell phone displayed an article earlier about the recently reported health issues in users of cannabinoid cartridge products. It appears, if I got the gist of the thing right, that all of the products involved had high levels of vitamin E in them. Apparently, there's some question as to whether it might be causing harm (or a factor in same) when vaporized and inhaled. IDK.

CCELL is a company best known for revolutionizing the vape industry with their patented porous ceramic heating elements that are uniquely designed for high viscosity oils. Well, CCELL is about to revolutionize the industry again with their Dart & Uno pod vaporizers, and I was lucky enough to be asked to review them.

The Dart & Uno are CCELL’s first pod vaporizers and are two of the simplest, yet most elegant and affordable vaporizers I’ve had the pleasure to use.

The Uno is 3 7/8″ long with the mouthpiece attached by about 3/4″ wide and about 3/8″ thick. It resembles a cigarette lighter, only taller and thinner, with a polished aluminum finish that is available in multiple colors. Without the mouthpiece & pod attached, the unit weighs 16.6 g. The Uno has a 350mAh battery.

The Dart is 3 3/8″ long, with the mouthpiece attached, by about 1″ wide and about 3/8″ thick. It has a sleek, bullet shape that looks like a cross between a stealth submarine and a USB flash drive. At 46.1 g, without the mouthpiece & pod installed, it’s much heftier than the Uno and feels very solid and comfortable in the hand or pocket with its rounded and tapered edges. The Dart has a 480mAh battery.

Both models are great for travel and stealth, but, to be honest, I’ve really fallen in love with the Dart and it’s now become my go-to vaporizer even around the house.

Both the Dart and the Uno posses similar features starting with a battery pack that’s integrated directly into the body of the vaporizer. Instead of a traditional tank, they use interchangeable pods that can be filled with a wide variety of e-juice, concentrates, and distillates.

There are no buttons, switches or digital readouts – just a micro USB port for charging, and a battery status light that lights up when plugged in to charge, goes out when fully charged, and will blink 10 times to warn of the battery running low.

And, the devices are air activated so, once charged, without needing to turn anything on, you just put a pre-filled pod in the mouthpiece, snap it onto the body, and inhale. The battery status light will also light up on inhale to let you know it’s on & working.

It really doesn’t get any easier than that.

CCELL’s core technology is their patented ceramic coils that each have thousands of tiny pores designed to absorb and vaporize thicker oils, concentrates and distillates much more efficiently than wick-based devices. Because this ceramic more evenly distributes heat, it provides a purer taste and better vaporization without burning the oil. CCELL claims 25% more vapor production compared to other brands on the market.

While a 480mAh battery may seem small, it’s more than enough for a full day of vaping, (CCELL estimates about 200 puffs per charge), especially when vaping extracts; and it charges quickly using a standard micro USB cable, so it can be charged with most any phone charger, USB port on a computer, or backup battery pack.

The pods fill easily with their wide opening but only hold 0.5 ml of liquid, which could be a negative for those looking to use these vaporizers for e-juice. For concentrates & distillates it’s more than enough. Additionally, the pod design gives the ability to pre-fill multiple pods so, if the tank runs out, you can just snap on a new, full pod.

The pods are held in place using magnets which, at first, may sound like it could be a little flimsy, but I assure you they are not. I tried shaking the Dart as hard as I could and, due to the inset design of the mouthpiece, it doesn’t even rattle. Yet, with a gentle tug, the mouthpiece and pod can be easily removed.

Once a pod is installed in the mouthpiece, it cannot be removed and refilled, and will need to be replaced. There are third party companies selling pre-filled Dart compatible pods with oil made from strains such as Dark Blue Cheese, Sour Tangie, Space Princess and Happy Orange Gorilla, or you can purchase empty pods and fill them with your favorite e-juices, concentrates, and distillates.

The included charging cord is also very short at less than 6″, but it goes perfectly with the portability of the units since the vaporizer and power cord can both be stuck in a pants pocket or small purse and you’d barely notice they were there.

Here’s why the Dart has now become my go-to vape.

For a few years, now, I’ve been making my own vape juice from RSO. The best method I had found used two parts wax liquidizer to one part RSO, then I’d add some terpenes for flavor. The 2:1 ratio of wax liquidizer to RSO was needed to get the RSO to a consistency where it could be vaped in a standard vape pen.

However, I was asked to test the CCELL pens and I wanted to really put them to the test. So, since CCELL’s claim to fame is the ability to vape higher viscosity oils, and as I happened to have some freshly made RSO on-hand, what better way?

I put some RSO in a small jar in a hot water bath, added a small amount of terpenes and just enough of the wax liquidizer to be able to suck it back up, (with a lot of effort), into a syringe with a blunt needle tip. It was no more than 20% wax liquidizer instead of the usual 200%.

I filled a pod, inserted it into a mouthpiece, popped it on the Dart and took a slow draw followed by an exhale of a very respectable cloud of smoke.

The first thing I noticed was that, without needing to press some button five times consecutively within 3 seconds and wait for the unit to heat up, or even turn anything on, for that matter, as soon as I started drawing on the Dart it started providing vapor. It’s essentially always on and always ready.

Not having to turn it on also means not having to turn it off. When vaping extracts you might take a puff or two then not take the next for another hour or more. Not having to turn the vape on and off to take one or two puffs is very nice, especially when you thought you only needed one and then, a minute later, decided you needed another.

Elderly patients and patients with conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Arthritis, Gout, etc. will greatly appreciate not having to fiddle with buttons to medicate.

The taste was notably better than my current, (now previous), vape pen, and the increase in potency from not having to dilute the RSO as much was obvious.

I also like the fact that, with the pod design and smaller tanks, it makes it easy to get a several different types of terpenes to mix with the RSO in several different pods. Then I can just pop pods on and off depending on what terpene profile I may want at any given moment.

The Dart
full
full

The Uno
full
Uno.jpg
Uno-2.jpg

Review by: Mr. Krip, Product Reviewer
Hey brother I got the dart but I need the dart carts and I can’t find em empty do you know where?

Hey brother I got the dart but I need the dart carts and I can’t find em empty do you know where?
Unfortunately, Brother, they don't seem to be available. Here's some excerpts from another CCELL review:

One thing I learned since testing the Dart, and I'm sure it's the same for the Bellos, is that empty/fillable pods are not available for purchase. The pods are sold to manufacturers who only sell them for sale in dispensaries pre-filled with their own oil. I was just lucky enough to get some empty pods for testing.

I agree this is a severe limitation for those of us that make their OWN vape juice, but that's not where the problem is. The problem is with the people out there that make cannabis vape cartridges for sale on the black market. Most of the health issues reported have been from "illegal" vape cartridges being sold on the street.

The "bad guys" have made it so the "good guys" can't get refillable pods, but, at the same time, I do give CCELL some kuidos for doing their best to make sure their vape cartridges are safe.

When I received the Dart & Uno (and Bellos) they all came with empty cartridges, but they were included just so I could test. I tried contacting several of their distributors to see if I could purchase the empty cartridges and was not able to find any who would sell them. Sorry that this wasn't clear to me until after this Dart/Uno review was completed! :sorry:

That's a hell of a way to do business. They ought to just give the things away at the places that sell the prefilled cartridges, then, instead of selling the units to people. Oh, well, they probably at least have a big, bold disclaimer in the ads and store displays stating that they're completely useless unless you buy the prefilled cartridges, right? Or at least offer to refund the price of the thing (plus the cost of shipping, if applicable, and the cost of shipping it back to the company)?

By the way, my web browser (Firefox) seems to be unable to resolve any of their links, even the one on our sponsors list page. Is this company out of business? If not, maybe someone ought to call and suggest they reboot their server, pay the bill, whatever. They might not be aware of the problem.
I'm able to get to their website in FireFox, so not sure what the problem is there.

In CCELL's defense, they only sell to distributors (and, large ones, at that!) and do not sell to the general public. That being said, the vape store that sold it likely also sells the PRE-filled cart's and, I would think, would be able to issue a refund it wasn't clear they couldn't be refilled.

Weird. I just tried accessing their main webpage via my cell phone's browser, with it forced to use its cellular radio instead of WiFi - and it connected. The other ISP's DNS must be having issues.

This is embarrassing. I already removed the first part of my post (guess you were already working on your quoted reply by that point). I'll go back and remove the rest of it, too.

Whoops.

Weird. I just tried accessing their main webpage via my cell phone's browser, with it forced to use its cellular radio instead of WiFi - and it connected. The other ISP's DNS must be having issues.

This is embarrassing. I already removed the first part of my post (guess you were already working on your quoted reply by that point). I'll go back and remove the rest of it, too.

Whoops.
All good, Brother! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom