Cellargardener Hydro DIY EBBnFLO Grow Journal Started July 25th- 2010

cellargardener

cellargardener Hydro DIY EBBnFLO Grow Journal started July 25th- 2010
Ok I am biting the bullet and starting a grow journal never grew before so it will be a big adventure!!
Strain: Royal Queen mixed bag 5 seeds and a DNA Lemon Skunk 1 seed freebie from Attitude seed bank.
Type: Indica / Sativa
Sex: Feminized
Genetics: Mixed
Flowering Time: Medium, Long
Outdoor Harvest: Mixed
Height: Medium, Tall
Characteristics: Mixed

Bucket Size – 10.5 gallon tub 13 gallon reservoir
Medium – 40 liters Hydroton.
Lights – 1 Jumbo Illuminator 180w LED, 1 90w triband UFO LED 2 2tf fluorescent grow lights Nutrients - B.C Bloom, B.C Boost, B.C Grow, Thrive Alive B-1 Red, Thrive Alive B-1 Green, Awesome Blossoms, Rootech Cloning Gel
Strain(s) – 1 DNA Lemon Skunk and 5 Royal Queen mixed seed pack.
# of Plants: 6
Yield :

Currently 3 days of germinating and four sprouts so far of the six seeds.
Indoor Hydro using this setup google DIY Ebb and Flow $50! Instructions step by step the hyperlink didn't work. I built two of them
100% Reflective Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent, Non Toxic Hydro Dark Room Box Hut, 96"x48"x78" Untill my basement growroom is done in a few more weeks.
Size of light? Jumbo Illuminator 180 and a UFO 90 triband 2 fluorescent 2ft grow lights
6" Inline Duct Fan by Tjernlund Products, model M-6 and a huge carbon filter, 2 small clamp on fans for air circulation.
Temp of Room/cab? 68f this morning 73f in the evening with lights running and no plants yet.
RH of Room/cab? 63% I have a dehumidifier standing by
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? No pests
How often are you watering? Just light misting for the germination.
Type and strength of ferts used? Just water right now.
The Recipe for Success Starter Kit, (RFS) is ideal for both the new and experienced gardener alike. This self-contained package of ten exceptional RFS products includes everything required to set you on the right course for gardening success. The Recipe for Success Starter Kit consists of B.C Bloom, B.C Boost, B.C Grow, Thrive Alive B-1 Red, Thrive Alive B-1 Green, Awesome Blossoms, Rootech Cloning Gel and the famous Recipe for Success mixing chart. The mixing chart shows the customer how to successfully use their nutrients in combination and for maximum benefit, from the cutting stages through to the flowering stages. The product sizes for the Recipe for Success Starter Kit are as follow: B.Grow/500ml; B.C Boost/500ml; B.C Bloom/500ml; Rootech Cloning Gel/7g; Thrive Alive B-1 Red/125ml; Thrive Alive B-1 Green/125ml; MagiCal/125; SugarDaddy/250ml; ROOT66/250

Bluelab Truncheon Meter The amazing Truncheon EC meter from Bluelab uses flashing lights to show the EC, CF and PPM readings. Truncheons are very accurate, reliable, and come with a five year warranty. Factory calibrated, fully waterproof, auto turn on and off. It is powered by three standard AA batteries. There are no external switches or adjustment knobs.
Digital 4 Way Soil and Light Tester for Plants and Lawn - pH, moisture, temperature and light level

Digital Appliance Hydroponic Precision AC Timer 8 event on order
(30) 3.75" ROUND ORCHID HYDROPONICS MESH NET POTS on order
Rockwool

Now some pics
2010-07-28_06_13_16small.jpg

2010-07-28_06_13_04small.jpg

This one is growing outside and was a test of germinating with some bag seed. It's a little foggy this morning.
2010-07-28_06_38_12.jpg
2010-07-28_06_37_47.jpg
2010-07-28_06_37_57.jpg

I would think your flourescents will be good for a while,, until they have a few nodes and are in a pot and not the rockwool.... IMO anyways,,
my clones are under a 14w led, then they move to a 45w led for about a 1.5-2 weeks of veg, then on to the 90w ufo for the rest of veg, and then under my HPS for flower..

Ok day 4 updates all seeds have sprouted and looking good. RH is 65% will be turning on the dehumidifier soon the seedlings like high RH tho I think for a little while. I have a small fan blowing on them also. Temp was 70f I still have the inline fan and carbon scrubber to install in the tent but the tent is not in it's permanent home yet so will wait till my 10x20 basement room is done. My brother is coming down for a week to help with the drywalling. I also finished the diy ebb n flo and will be testing that tonight. I could use a little more hydroton but will have to wait till I get to hydro store next weekend shipping that stuff is a little pricey.

A question about the dehumidifier... should I run it inside or outside the tent? I was thinking outside so heat doesn't become an issue ( altho Irishboy has shown heat is not an issue LOL) My temps have been pretty consistent around 70f even with the leds going. just have two flouros going on the seedlings now.

Ok a few pics
2010-07-28_17_14_48.jpg

The gray tub is going to be a res for the ebb n flo I made.
2010-07-28_17_14_28.jpg

[url]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2010-07-28_17_14_17.jpg[/url]
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2010-07-28_17_15_46.jpg
2010-07-28_17_15_28.jpg

Ok day 5 and things are moving along. I finished the ebb n flo and gave it a test run to look for leaks and found one small one so a dab more silicon and that will be done. ok you fellow led'rs when should I put these girls under the 90w UFO the seedlings are between 2 and 3 inches long? Internet is slow today so having a hard time getting new pics up. I will get some pics up as soon as my cell lets me.

taking Irishboy's advice and have the jumbo 180 20 inches above my babies and will monitor them closely for light burn. This is exciting it's all starting to come together. Then when my 10x20 foot grow room is done I can start all over again. but at least now I know how everything works so moving into the new area shouldn't be too bad. I needed to get this grow going tho to maintain a schedule my goal is a perpetual grow.

I would have just started the seeds under the UFO to begin with. You adjust the height to moderate the intensity of the light. By looking at your prior pics, I can tell you that your girls are stretching which means your CFLs are to high. You doing want your seedlings to stretch, makes for long, thin, weak stems.

I would say put the girls under the LED and hang it at about 16 inches. You dont have to start your flood cycles yet, just hand water then until the have a nice set of fan leafs; then go to town.

Good luck man, you have a real nice tent and real nice equipment for a first grow. Keep it up:bravo:

I would have just started the seeds under the UFO to begin with. You adjust the height to moderate the intensity of the light. By looking at your prior pics, I can tell you that your girls are stretching which means your CFLs are to high. You doing want your seedlings to stretch, makes for long, thin, weak stems.

I would say put the girls under the LED and hang it at about 16 inches. You dont have to start your flood cycles yet, just hand water then until the have a nice set of fan leafs; then go to town.

Good luck man, you have a real nice tent and real nice equipment for a first grow. Keep it up:bravo:

thanks man that means a lot to me this is all so new. I got the 180 over them now!

Checked my babies this morning to make sure they were ok overnight. They look good no light burn humidity is coming down and temps went up 2 degrees. Temp is 72f and RH is dropping down into the 59 58 range and dropping but the dehumidifier was full so I emptied that. I heard that the water from the dehumidifier is not good to reuse?? Anyone else hear that? will get some pics up tonight.:reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom