Cellargardener Hydro DIY EBBnFLO Grow Journal Started July 25th- 2010

Looking sexy my friend!~

Can I ask you something? How come you didnt set them up in a more uniform manner? Not that what you have is bad but it looks as though some plants are closer to others and when they get larger they will fight for the light. Just curious, at any rater you flood table looks awesome!
:bravo:
good question I never grew before so didn't give it enough thought is it to late to move them a bit?

good question I never grew before so didn't give it enough thought is it to late to move them a bit?

You can move them, they are still young. You will have to carefully remove all the hydroton around the net cups so you can position them and space them apart move evenly. There may be a couple of roots shooting out the bottom, just try your *best-est* not to damage them. If you do it is not the end of the world, the plants will be just fine but it will shock them for a number of days. Good luck :grinjoint:

New question for anyone watching this grow.. I have a digital timer for the pump and have it set to go on every 3 hours for 2 min the girls look good after two days of this. Is it enough or could they take a longer soaking the black tub fills up in a less time than the 2 min. Like I said they look good so just wondering?
with rockwool I would try 2-3 times a day for 10 mins at this stage.
If you had straight hydroton....I flood 15 min on and 15 mins off....continuous.
there is a lot margin of error in flooding plants....
how is the stand working for you? seems a bit sagging but that could be me.
space out your plants evenly....you will probably pull 1 or 2 out that are weaker when the time comes.
great setup

You can move them, they are still young. You will have to carefully remove all the hydroton around the net cups so you can position them and space them apart move evenly. There may be a couple of roots shooting out the bottom, just try your *best-est* not to damage them. If you do it is not the end of the world, the plants will be just fine but it will shock them for a number of days. Good luck :grinjoint:

I will move like you suggested and post some new pics later today. Thank you very much for your help.

with rockwool I would try 2-3 times a day for 10 mins at this stage.
If you had straight hydroton....I flood 15 min on and 15 mins off....continuous.
there is a lot margin of error in flooding plants....
how is the stand working for you? seems a bit sagging but that could be me.
space out your plants evenly....you will probably pull 1 or 2 out that are weaker when the time comes.
great setup

Thank you for the response. I have them in a small rockwool cube at the bottom of the 3.75 in net pot and the rest is hydroton and am going to space the girls out in a bit.

I haven't checked in in a while been busy with construction of a grow room 10x20 in my basement. Here are current pics of my girls and a plant I had in a terrarium with bad lighting and bad watering but it's a girl so I thought I would see if I could get her straightened out.

I have a question about the leaf curling up along the edges is that lights or nutes or PH?
aug_15_morning_tent_conditions.JPG

aug_15_group_shot.JPG

aug_15_DNA_Lemon_Skunk.JPG

aug_15_5.JPG

aug_15_4.JPG

aug_15_3.JPG

aug_15_2.JPG

aug_15_1.JPG

Here is a poor bag seed plant that I had in a terrarium with poor lights and little water.
aug_15_tortured_bag_seed_plant.JPG

HELP!! I think this is a self inflicted problem I started misting with neem oil as a preventative measure and I think I over did it and the light burned the leaves is that what it looks like to you guys??
IMG_2997.JPG

to be honest ive never had light burn. i would stop sraying them if it causing that or if you do raise the lights a little bit until things dry up. Its kinda weird it only happen to 1 leaf?

i use azamax which has neem oil, and yes, are the leaves soft where discolored....they will get crispy....thats what mine did until i read the brochure....i set them in the bathtub and sprayed with the room light on...until dry....yes, it will burn if under the lights, and will help cause mold from the sealed in moisture if left in the dark, so i settled on room light...hope this helps....i think each cure has a little harm to it....L:peacetwo:

i use azamax which has neem oil, and yes, are the leaves soft where discolored....they will get crispy....thats what mine did until i read the brochure....i set them in the bathtub and sprayed with the room light on...until dry....yes, it will burn if under the lights, and will help cause mold from the sealed in moisture if left in the dark, so i settled on room light...hope this helps....i think each cure has a little harm to it....L:peacetwo:

It is all a learning process for me this is my first ever grow of anything! Thank you for the help!:yummy:

I hate neem oil. I mean it is a nice organic preventative measure but it seems like it does more harm then good if not applied perfectly. I used it before and had the same problems. Made my leafs all twisty and ugly with spots.

Bugs are never a real problem in ebb n flow any how. When your table floods it will drive all the little bugs out, unlike soil where they nest and lay eggs. They seem to have a problem nesting in flood tables considering there home is completely submerged under water a few times a day.

I hate neem oil. I mean it is a nice organic preventative measure but it seems like it does more harm then good if not applied perfectly. I used it before and had the same problems. Made my leafs all twisty and ugly with spots.

Bugs are never a real problem in ebb n flow any how. When your table floods it will drive all the little bugs out, unlike soil where they nest and lay eggs. They seem to have a problem nesting in flood tables considering there home is completely submerged under water a few times a day.

I got real spooked when Irishboy got mites tat I decided to try some preventative action but yeah it hurt my girls a bit. Should I trim off the damaged parts of the leaves? Also I will search this but I think I remember reading somewhere that you can just add the neem oil to the res? Have any of you guys read that or tried that?

Also I have a question about PH. I know that evaporation and the plants drinking more water than nutes changes my EC/PPM but does it change my PH it goes up almost daily and I am always adding ph down to keep it around 5.9-6.0 should I have to struggle with PH like that?

I am gonna change my res solution out today they are looking a little bad with some tip burn that showed up fast the other day. I checked my res with my truncheon stick and the PPM was 550 and that is down from 700 a few days ago. I was afraid it was too high so I added ph adjusted rain water to lower the ppm to 550 but then the tips started to show burnt. So I am thinking it is time to change the res water for a whole fresh batch. I did get the paint mixer for my drill and that is a way cool way to mix the nutes up fast!

So Ph is a constant battle so I will adjust the ph to the very low end of good and let it creep up till it's time to lower it again!... clipped from the web

Nutrient Solution Ph
If you want to learn how to grow hydro well, you must know about Ph. The nutrients are only good to the plants if the Ph is right. The maximum nutrients are available to the plants in a Ph range of 5.5 to 6.5. In hydroponics, the nutrients are often kept at about 5.5 because the plants absorb the nutrients slightly more quickly at this Ph.
how-to-grow-hydro-2.jpg

Also, the natural tendency is for the Ph to creep up over time, and so it is your natural tendency to adjust the Ph down to the low end of the range when you make an adjustment.

this is a good post from ------- about PH...

I had THREE new and different growers have problems with SPOTS on their leaves this week. Upon looking at some charts and comparison pics, they all needed the Botonicare Supplement CAL-MAG. They all had deficiencies.
But when I looked further, they all 3 were keeping the pH at 6.0 and lower, as often or as much as they possible can.

Look at these charts, both show HYDRO and SOIL ph levels that nutrients are digested.
You might want to book mark this page, many new growers have this same problem.....and often too.

In this chart, Hydro is on the left:

nutrient_chart_454.gif

and here, Hydro is on the right:

pH_Chart2.jpg

Note that above a pH of 6.0 is where the CAL and Mag and Pot and Nitrogen are most digested or absorbed, especially the CA and Mag. To absorb ALL nutes, the pH should be allowed to flucuate up and down to get all the nutes. if you do not understand the chart, then ask. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR RAPID HEALTHY GROWTH!

Back
Top Bottom