Celt’s 2020 Grows

Couple buckets of bud from the girl at the north point of the garden

3B7D3F2D-9D25-41D1-8A18-BE29267FAA33.jpeg

A43C803E-CFD7-45E0-93C5-DFA218906023.jpeg
A698117A-E95C-4E1F-918D-2264DF3357F4.jpeg

Picking away at it, hey Celt?
I am close to trying my hand at reversing with GA3, so I went back and revisited earlier in your journal when you went over that process. I ended up reading it in its entirety again lol. It was neat to watch the plants grow almost on a time lapse!

The only question I have is does the concentration of iso matter when dissolving the GA3? Either 75% or 90%?

I hope your trimming helpers come through as they said they would!

Picking away at it, hey Celt?
I am close to trying my hand at reversing with GA3, so I went back and revisited earlier in your journal when you went over that process. I ended up reading it in its entirety again lol. It was neat to watch the plants grow almost on a time lapse!

The only question I have is does the concentration of iso matter when dissolving the GA3? Either 75% or 90%?

I hope your trimming helpers come through as they said they would!

I use 99% iso but even 70% will work, might just require I bit more of it and take a little longer to dissolve.

Many thanks for that and the walk through. Wish me luck lol.

:goodluck:
Our sticky fingered mountain man has me trying the polyjuice potion too.
My first trial got me three impressively lanky neuters.
Soon clones will be up for my next trial with a slightly lighter ppm. I think Celt’s recommendation was to step it to 0.06g/500ml (from memory?)

.08g/500ml is what I remember reading. I think anywhere in that range of .06-.10g is the sweet spot.
Yeah, yeah. Sorry I wasn’t trying to sound corrective or prescriptive or that. I should have clarified. I was clumsily attempting to encourage you not to give up if your first mix doesn’t do it. Different cultivars have their esters arrested at different ppm’s It seems.
Cheers :passitleft:

No correctiveness taken!
What strain were you working on? Was your initial attempt at .08g?

Cheers back at ya :passitleft:

Yes, 0.08g
I tried three first off - a candida, same as Shed, a DrS.CBD30:1 and a hulkberry/gelato cross we are calling hulklato.
They stretched phenomenally then proceeded to do sweet fanny adams. The middle one is showing female flowers, but I’m not keen to use them. The other two,

Lovely phrase!

:cheer:
Rock on Celt! Looking completely awe inspiring
:passitleft:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep at the experimenting @DonkeyDick and @InTheShed.

My experience so far has been with Blue Dream (awesome results) and PineApple Chunk (dismal results) but knowing that GA3 is a strong hormone responsible for multiple processes within cannabis (and other plants), it’s not surprising that there is no set ppm for our purposes, especially given the many cultivars available to us. Nor is it surprising that there is not much in the way of reliable information on using it for cannabis. I suspect those that do have expertise on its use for reversing females, keep it a well guarded secret, and is probably why most use CS.

I think we should start a community GA3 breeding thread for those of us who have the resources and willingness to experiment and share both failure and success. We may not be pioneers in the use of GA3, but we can be the ones to openly share its use and the concentrations we achieve success with for the cultivars we succeed producing viable seed.

It would be a resource for those wanting to produce feminized seed but don’t have the space/resources to experiment to find the sweet spot ppm.

Hey guys, not time for an update but got a curiosity to share.

Came home yesterday after work and mixed some feed for the girls and found 2 limbs, on the big girl, that had wilted at the terminal shoot. First thought was the heat but struck me odd it was only 2.

After feeding and looking closer, found this:
AE6570D7-5ACF-43BE-91B3-94A387BCAF07.jpeg

and signs of an entry hole after scraping the crap away.

Amputated the offending limbs along with a few others I found and decided I needed to investigate the cause and check over the rest of my plant. Tonight I found more and managed to find the culprit:

C227C268-26C6-4F2F-BBDD-F865DD082FEE.jpeg

Best guess it is one of 3 pests: Corn Borer, Hemp Borer or Squash Vine Borer.

If any out there can identify this little bastard, please let me know. It’s the first boring insect I have come across in my cannabis plants.
ADACA24F-0057-4FC2-923E-CAB5C685F323.png

Hey guys, not time for an update but got a curiosity to share.

Came home yesterday after work and mixed some feed for the girls and found 2 limbs, on the big girl, that had wilted at the terminal shoot. First thought was the heat but struck me odd it was only 2.

After feeding and looking closer, found this:
AE6570D7-5ACF-43BE-91B3-94A387BCAF07.jpeg

and signs of an entry hole after scraping the crap away.

Amputated the offending limbs along with a few others I found and decided I needed to investigate the cause and check over the rest of my plant. Tonight I found more and managed to find the culprit:

C227C268-26C6-4F2F-BBDD-F865DD082FEE.jpeg

Best guess it is one of 3 pests: Corn Borer, Hemp Borer or Squash Vine Borer.

If any out there can identify this little bastard, please let me know. It’s the first boring insect I have come across in my cannabis plants.
Very familiar with those little SOB’s. They destroy our squash & zuccini .

Very familiar with those little SOB’s. They destroy our squash & zuccini .

I’ve had quite a battle with those little bastards this year, but if you know what to look for, they can be found and killed. And they don’t do a lot of damage until they get near terminal shoots. I split the stem once found and stab them. The plant heals up fine afterwards. I will show pics of a stem I did this to when I harvest the big girl.

Back
Top Bottom