cfl and short rider

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Internet problems. I got a new grow closet.its 4sq ft. My my actual wattage is 565watts putting out just over 36,000 lumens.and I'm going to only do one plant at a time.

I'm using 2- 20w,1-55w-4-65w-1-26w-8-23w. I'm vegging right now with 4-65w-6500k.the rest of my lights i have hung in a cone shape for when I switch over to flowering.thay are 2700k warm white. I got two fans one on top pulling heat out and one low on the side pulling in. By the way my grow cabinet don't have any foil or mylar. I bought it because it is flat white. Is that OK? If I'm doing something wrong please let me know. I don't want to mess this grow up. My last 2 were bad. I only got 14 gm on my last grow and the first one I killed because of my own stupidity. Lol... Just a learning experience I guess.

Hey there, I used car sun shades in my box, I got them for 2 bucks each, they seem to work pretty good so far. I am also growing on just CFL's myself. I am using about 12 of them and my box is 4x4x2.. Is my first grow also and so far so good had a few issues with nutes in beginning .

lol man oh man that's a lot of light. Your plants are going to love it.
Flat white is perfect too, gloss white reflects too much and can cause some hot spots, I only see mylar, or flat white suggested as reflective surfaces, so you're doing prefect right there.

Now why the cone shape for the bulbs? You can easily make a flat light hood, and top your plant, then use LST (low stress training) to tie the branches to grow where you want. This method works great with CFLs, as it allows you to grow a FLAT canopy, which means all your tops and colas are right about the same height. And honestly, it's not difficult at all.

And you're going to learn a lot as you go through each grow, I'm on my third grow, and still learning tons of cool stuff to try on my plants. You might even make more mistakes, don't sweat it man, that's why the forums are here. If you're not sure about something, ask us!

And check this page out, this is an amazing resource for information: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Thanks guys. Lord knows I need all the advice I can get. I think I'm going to start my other short rider now. Did I mention thay are feminized autos too. I also got a blimburn mango too.its feminized too. It will be a challenge because it gets up to 3 meters tall. Any ideas on how to grow it?

I got a blimburn mango feminized I'm going to start as soon as my short riders are harvested. I know it can get 3 meters tall but I don't have the room.what will be the best way to deal with it.should I sog it? I want the biggest yield possible for what I got to work with. I can probably go 3 and a half feet at best. What do I do?

Height doesn't matter if you top it, and use LST to train all the branches. The idea is to train it to grow wide, instead of tall. So you use those wires/strings from LST to guide the branches to grow out, instead of up. It's reallllllly easy to do man.

I grew a Royal Queen Power Flower. They say the indoor height grows 80-120cm, or 31-47 inches. My plant was 15 inches tall.

20140830_113827.JPG
:icon_rollThis was my last grow.just bag seed.bad yield.14g off 2 plants.

The yield is affected more with CFL grows, since their effective range is much, much less than an HID or LED light.

Top the plants, and train them to grow flat. On your last grow you had 2 main tops. By topping and LST, you basically turn every branch into a top. Bud production is strongest on branches closet to the CFL lights, so why not bring all the branches close? :)

:rip:I just bought A HPS 150watt hps light kit and was wondering if I can use the hps and my cfl,s together? Also how far away should my my hps should be to my plants?I forgot to tell all of you that are short rider auto's feminized. One did not make it sadly. Moy other is 17 days old and is only about 3" tall but starting to bush out. Any ideas why?

IMG_20141011_091105313_HDR.jpg
IMG_20141011_091105313_HDR.jpg
:rip:I just bought A HPS 150watt hps light kit and was wondering if I can use the hps and my cfl,s together? Also how far away should my my hps should be to my plants?I forgot to tell all of you that are short rider auto's feminized. One did not make it sadly. Moy other is 17 days old and is only about 3" tall but starting to bush out. Any ideas why?

yes, are the cfl on clamps or stationary?
being mobile increases a cfl's effectiveness
fill in shady areas by moving the cfl as close as 4 inches from the plant area you want it to shine upon

a 150 i would guess around 3' or 90 cm, the old stand by is hold your hand at the plant top and see if you feel much heat
adjust til you say no, its all about heat

as stated fimming and lst is the small grows great friend, you will do much better to learn this no matter what light you use

I can move my lights very easy.as soon as it gets taller I want to scrog it but I'm thinking its not going to get much taller. Although I know with cfls the flowering time is about a week slower so I'm hoping it grows some before flowering or I'm going to have a very small plant. My new HP's light I ordered should be here in a couple days. I hope it makes a difference. I will have 819 real watts and 60,250 lumens then.

antics hes saying they are auto seeds .

i wouldn't top or lst an auto .

Back
Top Bottom