CFL Brand Names and Other Questions Please Help for Auto-Flowering

allsurvivor

Hello - I'm new on the forum and read a post on CFL tutorials by Tulip. It was a great tutorial and I would like to ask, which brand name is most recommended for CFL's?

There are so many and with CFLs so advanced now, the watts don't go very high. I see a lot of 9, 13, 15 watt bulbs. Rarely I ever see the 26 or 42s. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?

Philips | 42 Watt Twister Soft White | Home Depot Canada

Philips | 42 Watt Twister Daylight | Home Depot Canada

GE Energy Smart 26 W Daylight CFL Bulbs 3 Pack at Walmart.ca

GE Energy Smart 26 W Soft White CFL Bulbs 3 Pack at Walmart.ca

Would any of those bulbs work? I want to have the red and blue spectrum and I'm probably going to purchase one or two of those reflecting clamps.

Bayco | Aluminum Reflector Clamp Light — 8 1/2 Inch | Home Depot Canada

If I have 3 auto-flowing dwarf plants growing in about 6 sq ft, would 9 bulbs (6 soft white, 3 cool white) be enough?

Thanks for your time!
-V.
:thumb:

here's a grow usuing all , 35=150 watt ..
new_bulbs_may_14_001.JPG
aug_25_2012_001.JPG
april_8th_004.JPG

I veg with 6500K bulbs ,
april_9th_001.JPG
and flower with 2700K ..the brand doesnt make much difference,,you dont have a lot of choice on the bigger bulbs

Have you ever grown auto flowing plants?

Do you know if I should be using dual spectrum apposed to the veg lighting to flower lighting.

I'm planning to grow autos that are about 60-70 days harvest from seed.

I'v never grown an auto flower , but I think I'd still veg with 6500K ,and when she showed signs of flower , i'd change my bulbs to some 2700K's ,, but maybe someone will chime in that grows auto's , and they'd be the one's i'd listen to..

personally, i use the 26 watters from walmart for about $2 a piece. (sometimes cheaper when on sale)

i used to use the 23 watt philips for $4.5 a piece,(although picked them up for 2.90 each on sale) but once i switched, i noticed literally no difference. so, cheap bulbs it is for me :)

some cfl's they say wont last with the use of timers , and have even seen it on packages , but they make timers that are "CFL READY" now

Thanks for all the info!

I will be using 2 42's per plant with the 6500K for the veg and the 2700K for the flowering when it's time. I'll be sure to find the CFL Ready timers for sure as well.

Thanks again,
-V.

Back
Top Bottom