CFL bulb - Blueish glow

Jmann69

420 Member
Wanted to add a couple of more lights to my set up. At the store I could not remember what I had purchased already so I chose Phillips 100w Daylight deluxe 1600 lumens. Popped em in and they have very blueish glow. Took them down, didn't what to mess with the girls. I guess my questions are, would these be good for the flowering stage? Should I intermingle them with what I have now?

Thanks

Wanted to add a couple of more lights to my set up. At the store I could not remember what I had purchased already so I chose Phillips 100w Daylight deluxe 1600 lumens. Popped em in and they have very blueish glow. Took them down, didn't what to mess with the girls. I guess my questions are, would these be good for the flowering stage? Should I intermingle them with what I have now?

Thanks

daylight is more veg but you want soft white the yellow spectrum, you should be abel to go back and just switch

I use a mix of daylight (blue) and soft-white (yellow) in my veg area, going heavy on the daylight. This simulates summertime sunlight. I even have two Daylights on a separate 4-hour mid-day timer to simulate midday outdoors, when the sun is highest ion the sky.

In my flower closet, I go heavy on the soft white, but still have one or two daylights to brighten it up a bit. This mirrors the autumn sunlight outdoors and encourages flowering.

The daylights will encourage bushier veg growth along with the whites for height and flowering. A mix is good. Heavier on the daylights in veg and heavier on the whites in flower.

The daylights will encourage bushier veg growth along with the whites for height and flowering. A mix is good. Heavier on the daylights in veg and heavier on the whites in flower.

LOL! Didn't I just say that? Well, something similar, anyway.

You sure did. I hadnt refreshed the page so i didnt see your comment. Sorry to double up on the info. Forgive me, AKgramma? :oops:

No worries! When two or more of us agree, it helps the person asking the questions. He needed a simple answer, and both of us gave him that.

Back
Top Bottom