CuBuffs

Although I have worked on other grows before, this is the first one I have done on my own. Budget was the only thing limiting me in this one but I have plans to grow my set up as well as my plants. I started with four Blue Cheese clones and one Purple Kush [all female] under three 26W CFL bulbs in a reflector hood. The hood was made from simple Home Depot parts and actually turned out very well. Instructions on how to do that are on youtube. All of the clones perked up nice under these lights except for the Purple kush which never rooted. I was and still am using Miracle Grow 60 day slow release that I flushed before using. In the end, I came to the realization that there was only space for two plants. I am now nearly a month into the vegg process [18-6 light cycle] and just transplanted my girls into 5 gallon buckets. After the transplant, one of the girls had a few droopy leaves for about an hour but quickly lifted it's leaves to the lights and recovered. I mist them 3-4 times daily and although I have seen mixed reviews, they seem to love it. Now that they have built a solid root system I turned the fan up a bit to strengthen the stem. One of them is about 14" and the other, about 12" and both very healthy. I had a bit of stretching going on and one of the plants developed a mass of smaller leaves around it's base. I am still a bit curious as to the cause of this. I will likely vegg for another month before switching to flower. Any thoughts will be appreciated. :thumb:

I am planning to top and fim as well, but need to do a little more research, maybe you can help. Because both will require directing efforts at new growths, how much time will I need to have any real success with this? I only have about another month left of veg and am a little concerned that it is to late to do both and that I should either go with one or just bend and tie. thoughts?

If you have a month till bloom you have 2 weeks untill the day you should stop stressing your plant. No more cutting once your scheduled 12/12 cycle starts. Youve got time dont worry no go top that plant, give it a week/week and a 1/2 then fimm the growth on both branches. thats 2 weeks and 3-4 days to recover. plenty of time

I appreciate the advice, just topped them and everything seems to have gone well. They are in their dark cycle at the moment so I won't really know their condition until the morning, however, they looked like some champs before they went to bed. I will keep updating and hope for more help along the way. :thanks:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom