CFL grow now flowering want some help!

Hell ya bro!!! Looks great!! Just keep an eye on the spot that where the speaker wire is to make sure it doesnt injury your girl. How old is she now?

thanx i will keep an eye on it she veged for 3 1/2 weeks now its been 3 weeks into flowering so shes 6 weeks and 5 days old exsacly lol i tryed doing the same thing with a male that i had a while back ago and i broke the main stock lol but it was a male so i didnt care but i am tryin to be carefull that i dont do that to her lol
i hope i get a half ounce atleast i have another already in veg already and its growing fast i will post pics of them both again real soon but the other is only 4 days old now and the first main pointed leafs are already half of my finger in size each leaf is an inch long
but thats whats up hope to get more replys
:cool:

ok i have decided to keep my seedling in 24 of light no dark it is to where the leafs are 1 1/2 inches long each and has the second set of pointed leafs coming out and they are growing very fast i had to but one died do to over watering "OOPS"
but ohwel i just hope that the one that has gotten this far is a female but i was wanting to post pictures today but never got to it so plan on it tomarrow
hope to hear from someone

ok i have decided to keep my seedling in 24 of light no dark it is to where the leafs are 1 1/2 inches long each and has the second set of pointed leafs coming out and they are growing very fast i had to but one died do to over watering "OOPS"
but ohwel i just hope that the one that has gotten this far is a female but i was wanting to post pictures today but never got to it so plan on it tomarrow
hope to hear from someone

Yea man I find it best to veg seedlings in 24 hours light with no dark at all till I start to flower, then without a dark period slam them straight into 12/12. Cant wait to see pics...:grinjoint:

ok here some pictures of the seedling its almost a week old its 5 days old
in 24 hour light no dark all the way all 4 weeks no dark
i will put this into flower as soon as my female is done budding
so that way i have the space lol
but heres the pix
003168.JPG

001158.JPG

not to tall because i put it in the 3 gallon pot and barried it more
this one i hope is a female and i want it to get bigger than my flowering one i have now i want more bud lol
to bad i dont have more space i would have one thats as big as a xmas tree lol

yeah me to lol i could use the luck of it being a female lol
well pics of my older female tomarrow
i hope lol i didnt make it home intime today lol its lights out for the plant lol

ok here some pix of the seedling to tease you
008149.JPG

:surf:
007145.JPG

AND NOW FOR MY FEMALE
:cheer:

005168.JPG

:yummy:
lower buds
003171.JPG

:smokin:
top cone lookin good
002204.JPG

:popcorn:
001162.JPG

so as u can see all is well with my ladie she has been in flower for 4 weeks as of today
the seedling is a week old now
the weeping is do to the soil been used with a bigger plant and i think it still had some food in it so it may be a little over feed
but everything looking good on my end i cant wait the hairs are starting to turn gold on the tips is that normal? i got 3 weeks before i cut the buds and put her back into veg to try a recrop
so i hope she plumps up
:roorrip::goodjob:

Yea they are looking nice!! Your plant is the same age as mine, I put mine in flower on the 1st and its now the 31st. Ill have to take some pics and show you what my girls look like at 4 weeks. And I think it is normal for the hairs to start turning gold or amber at the tips as the plant flowers longer. Kinda just telling you the buds are getting bigger and starting to get ready to harvest in a month or so.

Hey just went and snapped a few, dont wanna over run your posts so Ill only put up a few to show you. But they are on day 31 flower and are doing quite well. Im using 8 23w CFL's and 1 65w CFL.
Here's one of my girls
rsz_mj_021.jpg

Side view
rsz_mj_027.jpg

This is another one
rsz_mj_024.jpg

Side view
rsz_mj_025.jpg

Just 3 different types of bagseed, 2 other plants not shown, so well see what we get. I plan on letting them flower for 59 more days, a good 3 month cycle. Try to get the best that I can outta these CFL bulbs lol.

yeah i have to say wow but i dont have to many lights and i did rush the veg to flower i have one right now the seedling inside i have it on 24 hour light and it will stay that way i did a spill of 48 hours of dark the last 2 days and it grow nicely in the dark
but i will only do the dark when i feel it sprout up lol
anything to get the new one as big as yours please tell lol
my female is doing quiet well still she smells awesome but not to pottent
cant wait for her to be done and i hope the seedling will be a monster it is so big already its scaring my wife she dont want a tree lol i do though i want to test ow tall i can get it during veg so that in flower i can get a bigger yield
thanks for sharing you ladies with me im glad the CFLs have done you good it shows what i can do with the same
oh please share what food you use with this seedling i want it to use a different food to see if it helps any

yeah i have to say wow but i dont have to many lights and i did rush the veg to flower i have one right now the seedling inside i have it on 24 hour light and it will stay that way i did a spill of 48 hours of dark the last 2 days and it grow nicely in the dark
but i will only do the dark when i feel it sprout up lol
anything to get the new one as big as yours please tell lol
my female is doing quiet well still she smells awesome but not to pottent
cant wait for her to be done and i hope the seedling will be a monster it is so big already its scaring my wife she dont want a tree lol i do though i want to test ow tall i can get it during veg so that in flower i can get a bigger yield
thanks for sharing you ladies with me im glad the CFLs have done you good it shows what i can do with the same
oh please share what food you use with this seedling i want it to use a different food to see if it helps any

Yea I only vegged my girls for 4 weeks, a month. And I dont ever do the 48 hours of dark, it hasnt shown me a big enough difference to continue to do it. During veg, I had one 23w CFL bulb over each plant and that was it. When I started flowering, is when I added more light. And I kept the light about an inch away from the top of the plant. With doing this, you have to check your plant everyday because sometimes they do have a growth spert and will grow right into the light if your not careful. So I moniter my girls everyday. Yea these were quite a bit smaller when I put them into flower, they grew drastically with the first 2 weeks of flower. I hear ya on the bigger plant the bigger yield. Let me know how that works, Ill continue to check on this girl and the little one you have started. No problem, I always look at posts or journals that have to do with CFL's, they are the best way to go if tight on cash. And I started using Fox Farm Grow Big for my seedlings when they were about 2-3 weeks old. Dont wanna start too early, the seedling doesnt have a strong enough root system to with stand the nutes. And Fox Farm Tiger Bloom was started the first week of flower. Hope this helps bro. :cool:

great i will get some fox farm did you do full dose or half dose or what?
i dont want to over or under feed thank you so much please add a URL of your thread of growth if you have one?
my seedling is already the same size that my first one the female i have budding now when i stuck it into flower and i had it on 18light 6 dark
the 24 hour light is doubling my growth you have no idea
this shit is crazy im so happy its been almost 2 weeks in veg and it the same size that my other one was 3/ and 1/2 weeks into veg WOW im so happy ANYTHING STILL HELPS THANK YOU

great i will get some fox farm did you do full dose or half dose or what?
i dont want to over or under feed thank you so much please add a URL of your thread of growth if you have one?
my seedling is already the same size that my first one the female i have budding now when i stuck it into flower and i had it on 18light 6 dark
the 24 hour light is doubling my growth you have no idea
this shit is crazy im so happy its been almost 2 weeks in veg and it the same size that my other one was 3/ and 1/2 weeks into veg WOW im so happy ANYTHING STILL HELPS THANK YOU

Glad to hear it bro. Yea you will shit when you see how they do with the Fox Farm nutes. On the bottle there is feeding directions, I heavy feed mine, and it says for heavy feeding use 2-3 teaspoons per 1 gallon of water. So I went with the low end for a few weeks to see how they were gonna take to the nutes and they were doing GREAT so I decided to up the dose a little bit; and upped it to 2 1/2 teaspoons. I use a gallon jug of water and between the 4 plants I'll use almost the whole gallon between them, so about a quarter of a gallon per plant. I only feed them once a week, and water them once a week. I feed on Tuesday and water them again on Friday or Saturday, depending on how moist the soil still is. But glad to hear that yours is doing so well. I dont have grow journal, I didnt start one and I figured now its too late to start one. But I wish I woulda, when I started these they were hella late bloomers and was getting iffy about keepin them and just start over. Ms. Fox told me to keep them going, that they look fine and to get the Fox Farm nutes. So I did and now look at them. But I'm about to start another grow and I'll start a journal on it for sure. Post some pics soon!!! :bigtoke:

ok heres some pictures the one in flower is 5 weeks into flower now
i trim my lady so that the bottom buds get more light
008153.JPG

shes gettin her shiny little crystals on the leafs
004171.JPG

here some other shots i took
007149.JPG

006150.JPG

005172.JPG
:peace:
any heres my 2 week veged seedling on 24 hour light
002208.JPG

001166.JPG

so they both are doing good i will veg the little one for a while till i think it is big enough
im hoping i get atleast a half ounce off my lady i have now she has like 13 buds on her an smells great
I WAS WONDERING?????????
me triming a little leafs everyday or so isnt bad right? i want the lower buds to get light and thats the easiest thing i can do to ensure that
i am LST ing it already but want to have the best yield i can at least a half ounce dry
:Rasta:

Leave the fan/sun leaves alone...they produce much more energy than the buds do themselves. If you have to trim might I suggest making sure that you can't simply tuck/tie the problem leaf out of the way? Less stress on the plant and you keep more energy producing leaves.

Your plants look happy, way to go! In about three more weeks you're going to be amazed at how much they fill out, don't let temptation get to you too much! Mine tempted me a few times but I took from as low and as far in as I could, basically buds that I knew I would be losing minimum yield from and I figured it might leave more nutrients for the other buds to utilize that would grow larger.

i trim what is blockin light from buds i trim little day by day
i will not trim the little one and see what a difference it makes that way if it does work better i will know thanks

Yea I pluck off most of the water/fan leaves after a month of flowering. Leave the top 4 set usually. The water/fan leaves take too much of the light/nutes from the bud sites. By removing them the plant will then turn the nutes and light to the bud sites, making nice big fat dense buds, rather than a nice big green pretty looking water/fan leaves. I have found that it does minimal to no stress what-so-ever. The bud sites at the bottom of the plant need as much help as they can get cause of the little light they do get.

Yea I pluck off most of the water/fan leaves after a month of flowering. Leave the top 4 set usually. The water/fan leaves take too much of the light/nutes from the bud sites.

Hmmmm...I'm pretty sure that the fan leaves are what provide most of the energy to the plant, not the buds (minimal).

By removing them the plant will then turn the nutes and light to the bud sites, making nice big fat dense buds, rather than a nice big green pretty looking water/fan leaves.
But those nice big green pretty looking fan leaves are your power generators...getting rid of them is like putting low octane fuel in a performance car. It'll work but won't live up to its potential unless you're talking a pretty large plant where losing a few fan leaves won't have as much of a negative effect.

I have found that it does minimal to no stress what-so-ever. The bud sites at the bottom of the plant need as much help as they can get cause of the little light they do get.
Yeah they do need as much help as they can get...definitely agree there :)

Yea I pluck off most of the water/fan leaves after a month of flowering. Leave the top 4 set usually. The water/fan leaves take too much of the light/nutes from the bud sites.[/quoet]

Hmmmm...I'm pretty sure that the fan leaves are what provide most of the energy to the plant, not the buds (minimal).

But those nice big green pretty looking fan leaves are your power generators...getting rid of them is like putting low octane fuel in a performance car. It'll work but won't live up to its potential unless you're talking a pretty large plant where losing a few fan leaves won't have as much of a negative effect.

Yeah they do need as much help as they can get...definitely agree there :)

Yea I understand where you are coming from, but in the budding stage, the plants fan/water leaves start to die off because the plants energy is being put towards the buds not the leafs. So why keep them on the plant and have the plant keep producing energy to keep the leaf green? The more light the buds get the bigger they get. So why would you want to keep leaves that are gonna die anyway on the plant? I dont see the point of keeping fan/water leaves on a plant during later stages of budding, they are just stealing the light/nutes from the buds. The fan/water leave may take in alot of energy, but the little leaves around the buds do the same thing. So I dont really know if it is bad or good. Let me know what you think

Yea I understand where you are coming from, but in the budding stage, the plants fan/water leaves start to die off because the plants energy is being put towards the buds not the leafs.

No they don't, not early anyway. If you're providing them with the appropriate pH and nutrients they have no reason to die off. Late in the harvest when some people leach their soil and give them nothing but water for the last week or so they do though.

So why keep them on the plant and have the plant keep producing energy to keep the leaf green?

Hopefully this doesn't come across as rude or something but you seriously need to pick up a book about basic plant photosynthesis or google it. Without the green (chlorophyll) in the leaves the plant makes basically no food for itself...personally I find that feeding something does wonders for keeping it healthy and most importantly alive but that's just me :) I trust that answers your question :welcome:

The more light the buds get the bigger they get.

No, the buds produce less energy than the fan leaves.

So why would you want to keep leaves that are gonna die anyway on the plant?

By that logic you might as well start chopping them off soon after it germinates...but I know that's not what you meant. The reason I explained above.

I dont see the point of keeping fan/water leaves on a plant during later stages of budding, they are just stealing the light/nutes from the buds. The fan/water leave may take in alot of energy, but the little leaves around the buds do the same thing. So I dont really know if it is bad or good. Let me know what you think

I don't recall you specifying that you were referring to late flowering, maybe I missed it. As I mentioned in that case you're right, they do tend to die off, but as long as they are green they are producing energy. When they start turning yellow (dying) it's because the plant is sucking the nutrients out of the leaves and it will do so until they are completely yellow at which point they will naturally fall off anyway.

By chopping them off when they're still green you are essentially stealing the stored nutrients in the leaves that the plant would later reuse naturally. However this all goes back to what I mentioned before in that it depends on the size of the plant and how many fan leaves you have. If you have a large plant with a bunch of fan leaves cutting off a few won't have as much of an effect as it would on a small plant (like mine lol). So I don't believe it can really be stated de-facto that trimming them is purely good or bad.

Regarding the sentence in bold let me ask you this (it's the engineer in me, sorry, I get hung up on details :roorrip:) :

If you have a square that is 12" on each side (12" X 12") does that mean it has more surface area (12" X 12" = 144 in^2) than 144 squares that are 1" X 1"?

For this instance we'll ignore the possibility that larger fan leaves may produce more or less energy than a number of smaller leaves but have the same total surface area as the larger leaf. :slide:

My opinion on this subject:

Why cut off the leaves if you can simply train them out of the way or tuck and "fold" the leaves to a better spot to allow more light penetration to the lower buds? I'm sure there are instances in which simply moving a large fan leaf may not completely solve the problem though.

Something else to look in to is that elsewhere on this forum (I think) someone mentioned that plant leaves don't block as much light as we think they do. I'm not sure how true it is, they reflect the light in the green spectrum but the cannabis plant doesn't really use much from that wavelength so that's a non-issue. That leaves most of the rest of the spectrum to penetrate the leaf but then the question becomes how much light was absorbed by the first leaf and converted in to energy and how much completely penetrated the leaf and was able to be used by the lower leaf? I'll leave that to the biology majors lol

Back
Top Bottom