CFL grow

Hey buddy. Indeed very yellow. Watch out for overwatering. The are growing slow slow... What's the temptreture there by the plants

Ive noticed this weird color on the stems... Can anybody tell me what that might be from?

Attachments

• 15763230002708481818294474242299.jpg
    15763230002708481818294474242299.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 15763230151616884809955934416992.jpg
    15763230151616884809955934416992.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 15763230380748735779818354468611.jpg
    15763230380748735779818354468611.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 169
@Dkmg01 I don't think I've been over watering as I wait for the soil to become abit dry till watering.... I have not temperature regulation as it's the begging of summer here Temps are around 24°C so a little cooler indoors...
Still usually you water in soil once a week unless it's drying super fast... Like my coco I water daily with nutes... But if you say it's dry then I believe you.

What is the Colour you are reffereing to?

Still usually you water in soil once a week unless it's drying super fast... Like my coco I water daily with nutes... But if you say it's dry then I believe you.

What is the Colour you are reffereing to?

The tan/light brown color that's close to the soil, I think.

Should be white.

Ive noticed this weird color on the stems... Can anybody tell me what that might be from?

The purplish color on the stem is a sign of stress. Could be many factors. Until it is a dark purple/brown, don’t worry about it. Throughout the plants life cycle, you will see many purple stems. They come and go.

Your leaves look a little yellow. Your soil may be low in microbes and nutrients. A quick organic fix would be to add your urine to your next watering. Start off with a cup/gallon. Your plant needs nitrogen. Don’t let your urine sit more than 24 hours though, it will begin creating ammonia.

You’ve got some stretchy plants going on. If you have a fan blowing on them, that will help with the weakness of the stems and strengthen them up.

you’ve got a lot of people here helping you, and I could see how it could get overwhelming having a bunch of different opinions on this. Don’t over think it, and take it one day at a time!

The tan/light brown color that's close to the soil, I think.

Should be white.
Oh yes I see! Eyes of an eagle hey! Or is it just a professional thing? :Rasta::passitleft:

The purplish color on the stem is a sign of stress. Could be many factors. Until it is a dark purple/brown, don’t worry about it. Throughout the plants life cycle, you will see many purple stems. They come and go.

Your leaves look a little yellow. Your soil may be low in microbes and nutrients. A quick organic fix would be to add your urine to your next watering. Start off with a cup/gallon. Your plant needs nitrogen. Don’t let your urine sit more than 24 hours though, it will begin creating ammonia.
Woah! Really? That's astonishing!

You’ve got some stretchy plants going on. If you have a fan blowing on them, that will help with the weakness of the stems and strengthen them up.

you’ve got a lot of people here helping you, and I could see how it could get overwhelming having a bunch of different opinions on this. Don’t over think it, and take it one day at a time!
I have to agree there! :Namaste:

Good call with the stretching.

Lower your lights and possibly create reflective surfaces to bounce unabsorbed light back to your plant. If a plant is stretching, it’s doing so because it is searching for light. Put your lights an inch or two away from you seedling. Watch it carefully as not to grow into the bulb. Throughout the grow this will give you shorter space between nodes/sets of branches.

Unfortunately with the lights he is using, he is always going to run into problems. He puts them too close, and the plants burn, puts the plant farther away, and the plants stretch. It’s bound to happen with those lights. Use the back of the hand method. Put your hand under the light, palm down. Move your hand up and down, if the light makes you uncomfortable, it will make your plants feel uncomfortable.

Unfortunately with the lights he is using, he is always going to run into problems. He puts them too close, and the plants burn, puts the plant farther away, and the plants stretch. It’s bound to happen with those lights. Use the back of the hand method. Put your hand under the light, palm down. Move your hand up and down, if the light makes you uncomfortable, it will make your plants feel uncomfortable.

True. He may be able to kill two birds with one stone and switch to a19 LED bulbs.

If you run with these instead of your CFLs, forget looking at lumens or estimated wattage. Pay attention to actual wattage consumption and buy as high consuming LEDs as possible; you should be able to find at least 15watts. After purchase, grab a drill and a 5/8-3/4” drill bit and drill two holes through the entire diffuser paying close attention not to hurt the LEDs or circuit board. Grab a screwdriver, insert it through the diffuser holes. Hold the socket end tight and pop the diffuser off. Use 4000-5000k for veg and 2500-3000k for flower. You can estimate producing anywhere from 1g-1.5g/watt of actual power.

4x15watt LEDs (60watts) should produce anywhere from 2-2.5 ounces. It doesn’t matter if it came from 1 plant or 4, 60-90 grams is all 60 Watts can produce.

E96D2F9F-56ED-4870-9475-A245B4867ED1.jpeg

Good day everyone
I'm starting a CFL GROW with two 80watt daylight cfl bulbs... Will this be enough wattage for my plant? How long should I keep it in its vegging state? When do I start flowering?could I use these daylight bulbs to flower aswell... My plants are already about 6 weeks old and I'd say they only about 4 inches tall. I'm growing some bag seed that I'm pretty sure is sativa
check out "1,000 bulbs" for 500 watter -self ballast - cfl's they have veg and flower bulbs

Thanks for the insight guys.... @WyattErbb I'm currently using seagrow as nutes, only used nutes when I did the transplant on Thursday... What sorta microbes could I get? Oh yes and I am going to get mylar in about 2 days, do u suggest anything better? @Backlipslide I've got the lights about 10cm away from the the plants because when I had them closer I seen abit of what I think is heat burn(image below) , should I still lower them? I actually did the hand test at first and my hand didn't burn I could hold it there for as a minute and then the next day
15764113630382159109436872673336.jpg
I noticed some burn... I guess cfls are abit tricky especially with the low budget set up...
And again, thanks to everyone for the support and advice

That could very well be light burn, or it could be nute burn, I’m leaning towards light burn because if it were nute burn, other tips would be burnt as well. 10 cm is just under 4 inches.. I would have it closer to the ten inch mark, and then let your plants speak to you. With the fan on them to strengthen the stems up, a lil bit of stretch isn’t bad, just monitor it at ten inches, and lower it if necessary, if your getting to the 5 inch mark then you could run into it burning again. Just play it by ear my friend!

Thanks for the insight guys.... @WyattErbb I'm currently using seagrow as nutes, only used nutes when I did the transplant on Thursday... What sorta microbes could I get? Oh yes and I am going to get mylar in about 2 days, do u suggest anything better? @Backlipslide I've got the lights about 10cm away from the the plants because when I had them closer I seen abit of what I think is heat burn(image below) , should I still lower them? I actually did the hand test at first and my hand didn't burn I could hold it there for as a minute and then the next day
15764113630382159109436872673336.jpg
I noticed some burn... I guess cfls are abit tricky especially with the low budget set up...
And again, thanks to everyone for the support and advice

Only 40 to 60% of the fertilizer we apply actually goes to the plant, the remaining is lost to run off into our waterways, volatilization to the air or is tied up in the soil. Soil health is an imperative piece of plant health. Functional soil is a soil embedded with organic matter and soil microbes that work together to hold onto nutrients in the soil and convert nutrients locked in the soil.

Soil microbes form symbiotic relationships with the plant. The plant will exert as much as 30% of its energy to the root zone to make food for microbes. In return those microbes not only protect the plant from stress, but also feed the plant by converting and holding nutrients in the soil.

There are five different catagories of soil microbes: bacteria, actinomycetes, fungi, protozoa and nematodes. Each of these microbe types has a different job to boost soil and plant health.

Bacteria is the crucial workforce of soils. They are the final stage in the breaking down of nutrients and releasing them to the root zone for the plant.

Actinomycetes, once classified as fungi, and act similarly in the soil. Some actinomycetes are predators and will harm the plant while others living in the soil can act as antibiotics for the plant.

Similar to bacteria, fungi lives in the rootzone and helps make nutrients available to plants. One specific fungi, Mycorrhizae, facilitates water and nutrient uptake by the roots and plants to provide sugars, amino acids and other nutrients.

Protozoa are larger microbes that consume and are surrounded by bacteria. Nutrients that are eaten by bacteria are released when protozoa in turn eat the bacteria.

Nematodes are microscopic worms that live around or inside the plant. Some nematodes are predators while others are beneficial, eating pathogenic nematodes and secreting nutrients to the plant.

Plants, animals and microbes are all instruments in an orchestra where each plays a crucial part in the natural symphony of life. If one of the players is out of tune, the whole soil food web suffers. Although when everything is in order, the results are beautiful.

I use CFLs all the time and just learned to mix the colors, move them about 6 inches from plant. Put some dirt around the stretching plant. It will slow it down and grow more roots. I switched to mega crop nutes and start at the minimum dose or slightly less. My water mixed with the mega crop is well water at 6.8 pH and 380 ppm. Alternate watering with rain that Is near zero ppm and basic ph. I mix the mega crop with well water to increasing ppms as I grow my weed. I start around 800 ppm then work up towards 1200 or more.
In my experience...the cut off LEDs are fine after the plant gets some internodes. I start the cut off LEDs about two foot away and bring them closer as the plant matures and increased vigor. The LEDs can be way too powerful and need caution.

Morning mr.Imraan I trust it's been a blessed start to the week for you my friend, I think what's happening to the leaf that's burnt I doubt it's nute burn I'm leaning more towards the bark that was in your previous pot and was too acidic for such young seedlings brother and I don't think light burn is a factor either as I've had CFLs 85w a cigarettes length from the top of seedlings and they never burnt.
The hand method is the best way to determine I personally find in determining /gauging how far away the lights should be...unfortunately I don't have any seedlings on the go otherwise I would of been able to show you as pics speak louder than words sometimes. And some of the most important advice I've picked up from al the amazing peeps here is to follow the K.I.S.S way of learning - Keep It Simple Silly, as its human nature to overthink things and that's where we tend to make mistakes and turn a hiccup into a belching burp....hahaha

Back
Top Bottom