Cfl help

smokelikebob

hello people was wondering if you could help me i have auto ak plant growing and have it under a cfl 60watt was wondering if you can complete a full grow with just this and will you get any decent buds off it ?? help please ?? cheers :peace:

What is the true wattage of bulbs? not the equivalent. Usually a CFL you hang sideways and about 2 to 5 inches away at most. You'll want at least 100 true watts on each plant, more is better. I have 150 watts of CFL over my pineapple chunk in veg cab, and still want more over it

the true wattage is 60w tbh im really new to all this stuff :/ does the electric bill shoot up when doing this because i dont pay electric lol i was thinking of sticking a few more lights in there but hanging them above it is the problem so if i just stick them in there would it help at all lol

CFL don't have penetration, that's why they have to be within inches of the plant. Your bill might go up a tad, but not much. An average computer uses 300 watts or more when on, so 150 watts of light won't make much noticeable difference. But they do have to be really close to work. If not your plant will become nitrogen toxic and bud will almost none. You would actually waste money on the light cause you'd only get about an eighth of bud off it and it wouldn't be good bud. It'd be light airy not as potent bud.

Not really. That's another small investment, but you can get it all for 30 bucks. I use general hydroponics 3 part nutes, it's about 30 bucks for three bottles, but they last. Wait, you doing soil or hydro? Soil you can amend, but it can still get pricey. The auto will start flowering at 3 weeks, so you'll need nutes by then

im growing in soil :) only planted a week ago and starting to look good strong and green giving it 18hrs on 6hrs off. Im from england so getting that neutrient stuff is hard lol

Yeah, i hear everything is priced ridiculously there, and shipping is high. I would say go to the journals in progress area, and find a thread called peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground. We get some UK guys popping in there to help people out, and they could probably point you in the right direction. If not find a guy on here named skunnymonster, he's helpful and in UK. Sorry I can't help you with that part, I'm a hydro grower and know nothing really about soil

Under 150 watts, no nutes, maybe half an ounce dry. Autos can be finicky strains

With no nutes, I think 1/2 an ounce is a tall order.

I grew an auto with bad light, I had nutes, and drainage wasn't that good. under 1 gram dry.

Smokelikebob: Check out this link: How to Ask for Grow Support

And fill in the information here:
What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
What is in your Mix?
What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

Having all the information in one place will help us find ways to help you improve your grow.

Back
Top Bottom