CFL & LED light coverage

Davidmc8

HI all,

I have 2 tents 1.0 x 1.0 x 2.0 and I'm worried that my plants are not receiving enough light so currently I have 1 tent with 1 plant I'm using a LED Light 400 watt Mars hydro II with the option of vegging and blooming. My second tent contains 9 plants with a 300 watt led Mars hydro II and a 300 watt CFL light

Now do these tents have enough light?

re: CFL & LED light coverage

You should be ok during veg, but when it comes time to flower you will be better with both the LEDs in one tent. I run a Mars II 900 for flowering in the same area and it works well but is in the mid range of light intensity for that area. I believe that the recommendations are for 25-50 watts per square foot for blooming. And that is actual watts not advertised wattage. My 900 is only 413 actual watts

re: CFL & LED light coverage

OK would u suggest me shopping these around soo the cfl and smaller LED are in the bloom tent and the LED 400 WATT is in. The veg tent?

I would suggest putting the smaller ufo in your veg tent, and put the 400 in your bloom tent and maybe add a few CFLs for side lighting. A lot will depend on how tall and wide your plant gets.

I currently have the small one in with a cfl veg light 300 watt and have bought another cfl for the bloom tent which does veg and bloom im scrogging the one plant in the bloom tent so should be wide but not high would u think this be enough?

If you keep your 400 about 24" (60 cm) above the canopy, you will get decent light coverage. The 400 has a footprint of 3 feet x 3 feet at that height. If you are able to keep your SCROG about 30" square (45 cm x 45 cm) then you could lower your light to 18" (50 cm) and get better penetration and denser bud.

Thanks guys really helps as a brucie bonus I will stick the 300 watt veg and bloom bulb in there for More pentration

Back
Top Bottom