CFL & LED positioning

Giorkos1

I currently have 1xmars hydro 300 in my wardrobe, and i would like to add 2x125w cfl with reflector.

My question is: can i put the reflector and led at the same height?

My led is sitting at 18inches from the canopy, i know that cfl's can be really close to the plants without hurting them

But if i do that, the reflector will block the light from the led which it will be sitting at a higher position.. any experiences with this kind of "problems"?
420-magazine-mobile503897360.jpg

re: CFL & LED positioning

I currently have 1xmars hydro 300 in my wardrobe, and i would like to add 2x125w cfl with reflector.

My question is: can i put the reflector and led at the same height?

My led is sitting at 18inches from the canopy, i know that cfl's can be really close to the plants without hurting them

But if i do that, the reflector will block the light from the led which it will be sitting at a higher position.. any experiences with this kind of "problems"?

That doesn't look like plant tissue in the background of your picture. ;)

No, I don't think you're going to be able to have both light sources at the same height as you show in your rather elegant diagram. As I imagine you know, the LEDs are focused into a narrow beam and the CFLs are the opposite. Theoretically a reflector can focus the CFL light into a beam with somewhat similar coverage as the LEDs, but practically I think you are going to have to move them much closer. The best I think you can do is probably to illuminate the plants as best you can with the CFLs and then beam the LED light in from the side. You may end up having to illuminate part of your grow in CFL light and the other part with LEDs. With some creativity, careful placement, and a lot of aluminum foil, I'm sure you can work out a solution, though. :)

That doesn't look like plant tissue in the background of your picture. ;)

No, I don't think you're going to be able to have both light sources at the same height as you show in your rather elegant diagram. As I imagine you know, the LEDs are focused into a narrow beam and the CFLs are the opposite. Theoretically a reflector can focus the CFL light into a beam with somewhat similar coverage as the LEDs, but practically I think you are going to have to move them much closer. The best I think you can do is probably to illuminate the plants as best you can with the CFLs and then beam the LED light in from the side. You may end up having to illuminate part of your grow in CFL light and the other part with LEDs. With some creativity, careful placement, and a lot of aluminum foil, I'm sure you can work out a solution, though. :)

No it's not, it's bone formation from a developing skull of a cat fetus .

I covered my wardrobe with Mylar so that's not a problem, i just have to figure out how i will position them

I can't place them on the side of the plants, the canopy is full

Looking good! :thumb:

You could just hang them right above the plants at either side, that should work pretty well. You know of course that with CFLs you can get them within a few inches of the plants with no harm. In fact they work best that way.

Looking good! :thumb:

You could just hang them right above the plants at either side, that should work pretty well. You know of course that with CFLs you can get them within a few inches of the plants with no harm. In fact they work best that way.

Thank you, i will do that as soon as i get them on my hands ☘️

Back
Top Bottom