CFL Light Fixture

TBayChronic

I got 4 x 26watt 2700k n 4x 26watt 6500k CFL bulbs but I can't find any cheap fixtures. Does anyone know where I can get cheap fixtures on line? If this makes sense - is there such thing as a fixture thats just the part where the bulb screws in on a lamp attached to a cord only?

Yea there are some things called Clamp Lights like the one you see at your local hardware store in the lighting section..You can get them for About $7 a piece and then You would want to get some Dual Socket Adapters for around Three Bucks a Piece and your All set Happy Growing:thumb:

I may suggest you look at overhead lighting in your local home improvement as well. Many simple ceiling light fixtures can be adapted quite easily. They also have what you are looking for as Island lighting minus the globe. (single fixture lamps that hang down on a single cord) One could create the same thing from parts in the electrical department as well. Depends on how involved you want to get.

Check myCFL_Reflector in my sig as an example of one application. Visit the DIY area for more ideas.

I found some ceiling cans ,(recessed) lighting fixtures at home depot, that have highly polished, mirror like reflectors, I had to take em apart but, it was simple, and the socket is attached, for under $15.00 , great lights. I grew 3-4 foot superskunk under them and people begged me to "get" them some...no one knew I grew it..never tell anyone ,my moto

You can always build a simple light fixture fairly cheaply. In the electronics parts section of hardware stores (where they have the wall sockets) you can find "Cleat Sockets" which are basically a bare socket with a screw attached base. You will need to wire them. I attached 6 of these to a box I made out of leftover wood and wired it up to a lamp cord I had. Now I have a light fixture.

Back
Top Bottom