CFL Light Tutorial

Just another heads up to the CFL crew.

I was in Costco yesterday and they have an unbelievable deal on CFLs. $3.49 for a three pack of 42 watt 2700K CFLs. The brand is Lights of America and the normal price is $13.99. The deal lasts through 12/31. This is a Costco in the Los Angeles area.

Hope everyone is enjoying the fruits of their harvest. Happy holidays.

Just another heads up to the CFL crew.

I was in Costco yesterday and they have an unbelievable deal on CFLs. $3.49 for a three pack of 42 watt 2700K CFLs. The brand is Lights of America and the normal price is $13.99. The deal lasts through 12/31. This is a Costco in the Los Angeles area.

Hope everyone is enjoying the fruits of their harvest. Happy holidays.
That is an excellent price. I'll check it out. Taking a couple 42 watters in a Y socket, and you have a 84 watt bloom light, which my 85 watt CFLs cost $28-$30 bucks each and it can be accomplished far cheaper doubling up w/2 42 watters

QUOTE=retcwby;1209215]I have 4 of these in my tent....only place i have been able to find them is home De Pot.:morenutes:

300wcfl.JPG
[/QUOTE]

I got 14 of these only 42w online for 2.43 each. I have all of them in a 2'x2'x4' box in one fixture.

11-16-2010_026.jpg

I have since been able to use all 14 bulbs.
11-16-2010_025.jpg

Those 68watters, 2700k are great for flowering. I'd suggest if you place a fixed light fixture above your grow, then it would be very effective to get a couple Y socket adapters and a couple of clamp-on fixtures w/a 43w, 6500k & 46w, 2700k watters CFL to get a mixed spectrum, your bud/cola will thrive big time. Keep the clamp-ons moving each day around and in your grow, that's how CFL growers get the best Grade A bud....moving the CFL's

P9290019.JPG
PA060012.JPG

CFL plants always seem to have such nice color to them. Part of that is because CFL light is way better for photography than most others, but I think there's more to it than that, because I fairly consistently see nice, healthy, bushy, super-green plants in well set up CFL grows.

I'm also seeing great growth with an even mix of 2700k and 6500k bulbs.

This is so cool. Going to Home Depot and pick up a few for supplemental lighting, hanging these off extension cords down into the plants I think will help with penetration, plus a little extra light never hurts!

Growers that have restricted areas to grow, CFLs are the way to go. I purchased my large spirals from Express Light Bulbs, via internet. Bought the 85watt, 6500k, 4500 lumen for $27.00 each, the 105watt, 2700k, 5000 lumen for $32.00 each. They are worth every penny. Lowes has the 65watt, 2700k, 4500 lumen for $17-$18.00 each, they to work great. The 43watters and 46watters can double up w/the Y socket and the clamp-on light fixture. Didnot use the smaller wattage on my 1st grow, but man you talk about color...photo of my 1st grow :)

P4170005.JPG

Tmac, i went to triangle tech to be an electrician. dropped out but still learned whats what in wiring... look up how to wire a light fixture. If your building a box, use their description of the ceiling as your walls lol, CFLs emit most of their light from the sides, not the tip. Props to Rossislaughin, thats one of the nicest CFL setups i have ever seen

If I have a 1000 watt hps what exact type of cfl should I use to hang vertically next to my plants so that my plants can get light on the side and lower portions of the plant so I can get my lower parts to bloom better ( the bloom cycle ) any info is greatly appreciated. I'm a nooby! Thanx!

i use the reflective clamps so you can give them side light and position them where ever you want. i have a mh and a hps w/ cfls 6500 42 watts kelvin for the sides i get as close as i can . my mh is 7500k opti blue, hps 2100k and 4 42 watt 6500k cfls for the corners. a lot of blue and red, violet and orange.
for flowering 2 400watt hps. and cfls:tommy:

If money is not a concern and you are going to use cfl's to supplement your hps's during flowering what would you use? I am thinking of hanging them vertically next to my plants so that they can get light on the lower part of them. I want my lower buds to flourish? Thank you from a new grower!

If I have a 1000 watt hps what exact type of cfl should I use to hang vertically next to my plants so that my plants can get light on the side and lower portions of the plant so I can get my lower parts to bloom better ( the bloom cycle ) any info is greatly appreciated. I'm a nooby! Thanx!

I use the 43 watt, 6500k and 46 watt 2700k on a Y socket screwed in a clamp-on fixture. You can use 23 and 26 watters as well, for some reason they have a higher lumen output, like 1500 lumen each

Back
Top Bottom