Cfl lights? Can you grow without a hps or mh light?

Jeeztatted

I cannot afford the hps or mh ballast or the one that comes all together. I also think its too big for my grow box (5x2x2).

Can I grow with multiple cfl light or a few high watt cfl lights? Or do I need a hps light ?

You can grow with CFLs or tube florescent. Both work well and there are a large number of grows on this site with both. Look through the completed and current grow journals to get a good idea of what is possible.

Do you have any suggestions on how many bulds I should get? Or total watts I need. My grow box is 5x2x2

I use gaint cfl 125w 6400k (kelvin) for vegging in tiny space of 2 foot by 2 foot on average 4 plants for aprox 6 weeks... does not include the 2 weeks for clones to root tho !

001809.JPG
005712.JPG
001811.JPG
002847.JPG
001829.JPG
005826.JPG

I flower under a 400w hps tho in a 3 foot by 3 foot space tho as hps out peforms cfl's 2700K yield wise !

I use gaint cfl 125w 6400k (kelvin) for vegging in tiny space of 2 foot by 2 foot on average 4 plants for aprox 6 weeks... does not include the 2 weeks for clones to root tho !

001809.JPG
005712.JPG
001811.JPG
002847.JPG
001829.JPG
005826.JPG

I flower under a 400w hps tho in a 3 foot by 3 foot space tho as hps out peforms cfl's 2700K yield wise !

How much was your hps light and setup? Did it make your electric bill jump up in price?

How much was your hps light and setup? Did it make your electric bill jump up in price?

Depends on your grow style really !

As i grow pepertual e.g vegging one crop in a seperate tent whilst flowering another crop in another tent to maintian a havest every 2 months etc

My old electric bill was an adittional £25 more with a 125w cfl on 16/8 lighting regime and a flowering lighting regime based on DLR (diminshing light routine) perpetual growing.

With recent electric hikes in prices i estimate nearly £40 month additional cost at present !

All the cost can be worked out on....

1000W is 1 KW

Electric is charged on a 1KW basis

Work out W/KW consumption based on bulb size for running time/lighting regime used !

E.g 400w HPS on 12/12 (flowering) = 4.8KW for the day.

4.8KW X 30 (30 days being the average lenght of month) = 144 KW X cost of unit of electric (KW) = average increase of electric bill !

Over all cost can be off set by harvest depending on how much you wish to yield for personal needs to make the adventure worth while ?

If starting out from scratch it may take 2 to 3 harvest for total equipment required & bills to pay it self off, based on average medical consumption of MMJ & total yield per harvest... could be longer tho whilst dailing in your skills.

Back
Top Bottom