CFL lumens

no it wont hurt them at all. the sun gives much more than that. But with that many in such a small space heat build up may be an issue. cfl's are way cooler than any other kind of light except maybe led, but still in such a small space it may raise the temp higher than optimal
Thanks for your reply! I plan to put like 4 plants in 10liters pots , that means like 6000lumens per plat can this hurt them because is not 3000 lumens ?or this is better?

hey rmsbud if i am reading you right you mean 20 , 23w bulbs? If so that would be like 23,000 lumens . this is my first grow but from all the research ive done and something that is also stated in this thread you need 2,500 lumens per plant,3,000 optimal.So with the space you have that may be over doing it a bit. I may be wrong but i dont think i am.

Please do not give advise to other growers like this. DO NOT USE LUMENS AS A MEASUREMENT OF HOW MUCH LIGHT YOUR PLANTS NEED.

Lumen is a measurement of brightness to the human eye. It has nothing to do with the quantity or quality of light. Your twenty 23w CFLs will give you almost perfect coverage for your 3ftx2ft area. It will however produce more heat than the 150 watt light you are replacing.

My second suggestion would be to use fifteen 6500K and five 2700k bulbs during veg and the reverse for flowering. Mixing the spectra slightly will increase your overall growth results.

Please do not give advise to other growers like this. DO NOT USE LUMENS AS A MEASUREMENT OF HOW MUCH LIGHT YOUR PLANTS NEED.

Lumen is a measurement of brightness to the human eye. It has nothing to do with the quantity or quality of light. Your twenty 23w CFLs will give you almost perfect coverage for your 3ftx2ft area. It will however produce more heat than the 150 watt light you are replacing.

My second suggestion would be to use fifteen 6500K and five 2700k bulbs during veg and the reverse for flowering. Mixing the spectra slightly will increase your overall growth results.

I have changed my plans this days , and i will try 20 x 23w cfl 2700k for 6 autoflowering feminised and also i just ordered an temperature controler with a fan .what are you thinking about that i supose like 1/2 oz /plant will be enought for me for 3 mounths:D

look i was just passing on the info i received here. No one corrected the info i got so i passed it along.It wasnt this thread but still it wasnt corrected.remember i did start this post because i needed the answer for the same question!And thank u for the answer.I have gotten a lot of mixed info on it but this probably what i will try myself

I have changed my plans this days , and i will try 20 x 23w cfl 2700k for 6 autoflowering feminised and also i just ordered an temperature controler with a fan .what are you thinking about that i supose like 1/2 oz /plant will be enought for me for 3 mounths:D

Mmm 20 x 23w cfl = 460w electrical draw & you was running a 150w HPS... so what ya telling me you have just tripled you electrical use & bill for an inferior light source !

MADNESS !!!

Would of been better off with a 400w HPS / ballest & achieve better results... :thumb:

P.s - Autoflowering strains are lower yielding than most others !

look i was just passing on the info i received here. No one corrected the info i got so i passed it along.It wasnt this thread but still it wasnt corrected.remember i did start this post because i needed the answer for the same question!And thank u for the answer.I have gotten a lot of mixed info on it but this probably what i will try myself

Welcome to the world of growing MJ :green_heart:

Lumens still got sweet fcuk all to do with growing plants... next we will be advising each other that halogen bulbs produce wicked bud !

Its all about the colours of the RAINBOW man :thumb:

Light spectrum.... Wave lenghts (nm) & Intensity, chlorophyll A & B which peaks in the Blue & Red spectrum for optimal vegative 'n' flowering growth man.

WoW the colours are so dazzling gotta hug some trees man !

The Rainbow Colors Song - YouTube

Omg rainbows got pink light, Man... Must get 1000w pink light it must really make the bud massive dude:Namaste:

lumens are man made to create a feel / mood to describe light. It is a scale, way of measuring or grading light waves, but have no baring on plant growth. how it effects USE instead of the plant. :thumb:
:420:

The best I found was outside between 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM, when they feel dry wait 2 more days and spray w/ mist bottle early and at dusk to control drupping. Use 1/2 to 2/3 the amount of suggested bottle nuit`s if your going that route. Nature by herself with get it done and improve at plants own pace. All we do is f**k it up till WE figure it out, examin the mistakes in your life!! Seious then compare them to growing issue`s, examin what the comparisons look like. Mind, eyes, tongue to hands!!...PEACE.....
:420:

Back
Top Bottom