CFL question!?

SmallTimeGrow

hey guys, this question is about bud that was grown under cfl lighting....

how does it differ from hid grown bud? does it taste different, have different texture, smell different?

Im wonder because i got this bud that looks bomb, smells pretty good, different, but good. Its calaxys are not dense at all, AT ALL, they are like paper thin and crush very easily as if theyre hollow. The high is decent but doesnt last very long at all. Ive been wondering if i had just gotten some cfl grown bud possibly?

Just my opinion, and could be wrong.... but sounds like was harvested too soon. There are far better people with far better info than me. As far as CFL buds.... from what I gather it is almost just as good. The short high sounds like immature though. Although several factors are in play on harvesting.

Perhaps whoever grew it had low humidity also.

I'm sorry high humidity at flowering :loopy:

I've grown with both CFL's and lights. With the CFL's the buds were never very big or compact. It was explained to me that's where they get the name "Popcorn Buds" from.
The first time I grew I used CFL's and was using White Widow seeds. I very disappointed with them. But my next grow I changed to HID's and found out that Widows had HUGH, BEAUTIFUL, COMPACT, CRYSTAL FILLED buds. The difference was dramatic. I wish I had taken pictures.
On the high part. In my own grow experiments and with everything I've read on the subject, it was the type of weed and it was harvested to soon. I've done these experiments for my husband. To find the best kind that will help him sleep. Those with the highest THC content, grown just a little over ripe, work best for him. (When the tricombs turn to amber from cloudy)
High humidity makes sense too, but my humidity was the same with both grows.:thumb:
:goodluck:

Hmmm.... I may have to try this:thumb: Never tried better lights, but love how they look at harvest. You have me curious now. I had heard about the faster growth. Thank you for replying, I knew someone had better info :goodjob:

Thank you for the comments:thumb:
If I could upload pictures I could show you the grow area I built out of a old futon. It even has it's own built in storage for all the junk that comes with growing. I have dyslexia so I have to be shown how to up load pictures and junk, can't read and understand it. Anyway... My husband almost had a fit but I took our futon apart, stood the sitting and back support up, 6 feet apart. Then I put the 2 side ends on the inside of them facing each other at opposite ends and screwed them to it. I threw up a couple of 1x3's across the top and back for support and put a sheet of 2 in styrofoam (outside quality) across the top of the side arms for the table. It's all adjustable too!
Also I forgot to tell you I changed from Miracle Grow to General Hydroponics brand for my fertilizer. I guess there was a independent lab that tested both miracle grow & Schultz products and they were missing some key ingredients for good growth.
Have a great day. :goodluck:

The reason we needed the futon was for over night guest ect, ect. We live on a river and have very busy summers. I figure theres always the floor. My husbands needs come first!
:party::party:
:rollit:

on qiuck reply box... next to smiley face...click that and you should be able to upload pics from there. It's the little camera. I'd love to see what you made!:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom