CFL success?

Janx

I've been working on a 4x3 CFL room. I'm trying to guess-timate how many more bulbs I need to produce a GOOD crop. Has anyone had solid success at a CFL grow? I'm using (8) 4ft bulbs in typical shop fixtures and (3) 65watt/self ballasted spiral bulbs in reflective hoods. They're about 4500 lumens each and 2700K. The long tubes are sunshine's at 2550 lumens each and I think 5700K. I know I'm a little shy on L/psf but how much more do I need for good dense buds?

:rollit: Thanks

there are a good few grow journals which have had success with cfls so just do some reading and u'll get a fair idea of what you'd need! i have just started a grow with cfls so hopefully it will turn out good!

good luck on the gro!

peace:cool:

I am using CFL's and have some good seedling's going into vegetative. Up to now, I have been using an Ott-Lite 24w.
Now, can I use a non plant light CFL with higher watts/lumen's to combine with the Ott?
I am going to add 24" strip, also an Ott grow light, as well. I have read elsewhere that regular fluorescents are used by some, but I do not have the room for long fixtures.
I do not have the funds to invest into a HD set up and I am only tending a 4 plant garden.
Opinions please.

Will be posting pictures of my little babies as soon as there "eyes" open.

Just do it ... when i was first starting with cfl's ... i didnt know anything , now it's a dif. story .
Cfl's are great beouse you can move them aroubd as you wish ... And when someone ask how much bulbs should i get .... I would get as much as i can .
marcus44 research on envirolite cfl bulbs 125,200,250w ...
Good luck to all CFL m8ts:bong:

quick question akaraymo... umm where did you get the fixtures from? im picking up my bulbs tomorro and i've been tryna figure out how to remedy the fixture issue.

Long-tube fixtures can be hung vertically, ya know? Really secure/screw a chain to one end of the fixture and put strong hooks in the ceiling like I did. That way you get light from top to bottom on a small crop. Hell, it may even work better than cfl's because they don't work very far away.

I am going to pick up a new CFL that is 300 watts in a few weeks and addit as "sun" above the others.
As for fixtures, I was wondering as well as I sat tasting some new product, when my eyes fell upon some old lamps that were laying around the basement notbeing used.
Broke them down and cannibalized the wire and socket assembly.
Works real well.

drojo i picked up all my stuff at home depot or lowes i used 2 into 1 light sockets pluged into extenion cords draped over shower curtain rods so i can raise and lower as needed and i made light reflectors out of cardboard and foil im having excellent growth :bong:

akaraymo thanks sooo much, i went to HD today and i picked up 10 bulbs... soft white. and i got the extension cords and a timer...

now im just waiting for my FF soil to come in now and my nutes and im looking to start my first grow memorial day weekend:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom