CFLs For Odor Control

I'm curious about putting these into my normal light fixtures and seeing how well they work to keep my room smelling fresh... I'll probably pass on these for growing however, got enough CFLs lying around already.

you know i saw these a couple weeks ago and was going to buy one but i couldnt find anything on the color temp... but i think im going to jsut put one in my dresser grow. screw it lol they really may be on to something if it actually works

If they're those low-wattage TiO2-coated (titanium dioxide) CFLs, I read somewhere that if you stuck one in your bathroom it'd clear the odor from taking a crap after an hour or two. Of course, if it takes that long for your bathroom to stop stinking then I'd see a doctor not buy a light bulb, lol.

I would say that attempting to use one of those things to remove the smell of a cannabis garden in flower is somewhat akin to attempting to drop a rabid wild boar with a slingshot... You can try it, but if you do not have something stronger at hand, you may suddenly find yourself hurtin', lofl.

If they're those low-wattage TiO2-coated (titanium dioxide) CFLs, I read somewhere that if you stuck one in your bathroom it'd clear the odor from taking a crap after an hour or two. Of course, if it takes that long for your bathroom to stop stinking then I'd see a doctor not buy a light bulb, lol.

I would say that attempting to use one of those things to remove the smell of a cannabis garden in flower is somewhat akin to attempting to drop a rabid wild boar with a slingshot... You can try it, but if you do not have something stronger at hand, you may suddenly find yourself hurtin', lofl.

So more or less you suppose you'd be wasting your time using them?? Haha im diggin the analogy too yea I mean it seems like a good concept but I suppose there's nothing wrong with a carbon filter and that's gauranteed to work; or so im told

Not large- maybe 4 plants under relatively feeble lights, but ambient odors were not much of an issue despite the buds being pretty stinky (2 each of F1 hydrids of blueberry x skunk; blueberry x NL1 from peak seeds bc).

Getting ready for another grow this winter. Will update when that's under way.

take a storage bin and fill it up with water quarter way up put Mister clean in it not to much it strong then cut a hole for a pc fan and wire it and plug it in take a fan and stick it in the room where ur growing or a chop up some onions and stick it in there also

Paint the room before you begin to grow, the smell of the paint will mask it for a good while.

Plus you may have buds with a hint of Dulux. Just what we all want :eek:

WHooooaaah 420 ers !
All those coated CFL's are is another form of Ion generator !
They don't last as long as a small Ion generator and tend to lose their light and odor removing power very quickly .
In other words they seem to be JUNK .
You guys and girls check out small room sizeIon generators on the internet and You Tube etc for under $ 30 US .
I keep one INSIDE my grow box coz it is small and does not emit heat .
And 2 more in the house keep the rooms smelling nice . No more Cat Shit odor either from the Litter Box .
and ONA can behind the exaust fans

take a storage bin and fill it up with water quarter way up put Mister clean in it not to much it strong then cut a hole for a pc fan and wire it and plug it in take a fan and stick it in the room where ur growing or a chop up some onions and stick it in there also

I like the idea of this method with some scenty oil ... do your plants taste like Mr. Clean? and WTF would you throw onions in there for?

Back
Top Bottom