CFLs Instead of HPS

SAMOEL1

hi i wana chenge my hps light to cfl light
who knows how much cfl i need to be 400w hps ?
i meant how many cfl light = 400w hps ?
any helps appreciate it:love:

sorry i don`t know the answer to your question. But if it`s any help i was growing in a box 5 feet long, 4 and a half feet high and 3 feet wide with 8 cfls 1500 lumens each with very good results, i later added a dual spectrum cfl which is 300watts i`am not sure what the lumens are for this light. the results are slightly better. I had to turn up my variable exstractor fan to cope with the extra heat input. I also have used hps in the past but i prefer cfls. all the best in your endevours and regards.

I grow under CFL's I have had good results , I have 7 CFL's in the daylight for growing and switch to soft white for flowering, I have gotten many buds but not real big heavy ones, going to probably add 2 more to try and get bigger buds.

I currently run 650w of T8s and CFLs and im looking to switch to HPS (keeping CFL for side lighting).

Im curious as to why your going from HPS to CFL? Seems like the opposite of what i thought was an upgrade. Whats your reasoning? Why are you switching? Id love to hear your opinion before i make the switch to HPS. (which i planned on buying tonight or tommorow 1000w HPS apollo setup)

what is the size of your grow space?

I changed from hps to cfl because of restricted grow space, security and running costs.

Like straingang i`am curious as to your reasons for change.

these are the lights i`am using -
0081465.jpg

Back
Top Bottom