CFL's

About 2 to 4 inches from the top of the plant. CFLs don't get very hot but they have no penetration ability when the plants get bushy so remember to thin the bottom branches. Good luck.

You can vegetate your plants with that but your gonna need something stronger when ready to flower. I.E. HPS

Just hang the bulb a few inches over the center of your plants (like HL said)

I personally have used CFLs for veg with good results.

Good luck.

Pirate:headbanger:

just inches away. i keep hearing you need more light for budding, but ive got to see myself. roughly 3 ftx19.5 inchesx 3ft im going to have 150 watt full spec cf
100 watt cf and 65. 315 watts full spec cf in a box as for vegging i out did my bros mh,:bongrip: as for budding i dont know what i could use in a box like that and produce that kinda light with no fire
good luck let me know how it goes ill keep you all informed
pics soon maybe im still scetchy on putting pics up so what im paranoid lol

to lord & growrilla

dont believe it till you see it bros, I've flowered the shit out of my plants with CFLs before. Doing so as we speak, too! :) You'll be fine using CFLS. Might be too shy for 4 plants, but it just depends on how big they are and stuff... but I'm guessing you'll either want to add more or change to another light. Keep the lights as close as YOU feel you should. Make sure they are right up close to the plant, but not to where its going to be to hot for the little ladies. Come on, now :) I'm not sure how hot a 125W CFL gets but I still wouldn't think it'll get too hot to where you'd wanna move it father then like 2 inches from the plants.

Pictures, no?

I'm not sure how hot a 125W CFL gets but I still wouldn't think it'll get too hot to where you'd wanna move it father then like 2 inches from the plants.

A plant in veg or a plant that is stretching during the first three weeks in flower can grow 1 to 2 inches a day. This is why I say two to four inches bro.
You never want your plants to touch the lights, especially the main cola.
Damage to main budding areas can cause stunted growth and we always want more bang for the buck.

A plant in veg or a plant that is stretching during the first three weeks in flower can grow 1 to 2 inches a day. This is why I say two to four inches bro.
You never want your plants to touch the lights, especially the main cola.
Damage to main budding areas can cause stunted growth and we always want more bang for the buck.

gotcha! I wasn't arguing or anything.. and yeah I meant whatever distance that is obviously going to be safe, but your right, 2-4" is good! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom